“Nice place, OK food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Jerusalem - The Ticho House - CLOSED

Little Jerusalem - The Ticho House
Price range: US$30 - US$80
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian, American, European, Pub, Israeli
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Leuven
“Nice place, OK food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a location with a very special history. The food served at Beit Ticho is kosher but some of the dishes are quite boring. Starters on the other hand are very nice. Friendly service and prices are moderate. Live music in the weekends!

• Visited January 2014

Montreal
“Great Atmosphere - Dairy Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have dined at Ticho House for years on our annual visits to Israel. Service is prompt and the menu is geared to accommodate every diner from children up to the connoisseur. My favorite is the pumpkin ravioli in a racula sauce.

Prices are reasonable and the atmosphere (choice of outside under the stars or indoors including some private party rooms) is first class. It is centrally located up the street from the Ben Yehuda Mall and near a Jerusalem light rail stop. There is paid parking nearby..

• Visited July 2014
Hamburg, Germany
“Peaceful garden setting for a nice dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I was with a group of 10 people eating dinner at the Ticho House. We had a very nice evening with an attentive waitstaff and good food - including some very delicious desserts.
I do not know how it would be to eat in the restaurant, but the gardens are lovely and provide a nice setting for an evening meal.

• Visited August 2014
Atlanta, GA
“Good Food, Questionable Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have mixed feeling in writing this review, especially since I really want to give this place the benefit of the doubt.

The atmosphere is wonderful. We visited on a Tuesday night, which happens to be a special wine, cheese, and jazz night there. We sat in a wonderful little garden area, and the music was lively, but not so loud that you couldn't hold a conversation with the table. That night you could opt for the wine and cheese buffet (also includes pasta and such), but it was a little more than we were looking to spend, even though it did look incredible. We went with the regular menu, and the food didn't disappoint. The ravioli was fantastic and my only complaint with it was that the accompanying pesto sauce was, perhaps, a little too abundant.

How comes my conflict - we had a terrible server. It's possible that he was just having a bad night, but he was neglectful, rude, and belittling. Everyone's food came out before mine, which is not at all uncommon from my dining experiences in Israel, so I wasn't immediately concerned. 10 minutes later, I still had nothing in front of my, so one of the men in our party flagged down our server. He wasn't thrilled at all to be called over to our table and acted further inconvenienced that he had to go find out where my meal was...turned out that my order had never been placed with the kitchen to begin with. I was fine with it, but some sort of acknowledgement of the error would have been nice.

Since other reviews here have been so solid, I'd like to think this was a fluke experience, and everything else was so lovely that I'd still encourage others to dine here if given the chance.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
California
“Delicious and fresh food in a peaceful setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Beit Ticho (Ticho House) was truly an oasis of calm in busy Jerusalem. The atmosphere is laid back and we ate outside in a garden patio. Even though it seemed that there were many diners (lots of large groups), it never felt crowded or overwhelming. Our waitress was charming and recommended us a number of dishes -- all of which were excellent.

Service was relatively quick -- especially given all the diners -- and we found ourselves stuffed to capacity. Everyone in our group was happy: from those who ordered salads, to the pasta-eaters, to those with fish and sandwiches. All the house specialties were great; the only problem was that portions were large, so we stuffed ourselves and had to waddle home (with big left-over boxes, even so!)

The Belgian Finger was our favorite dessert -- out of this world! Highly recommended!

• Visited July 2014