“Best Meal in Jerusalem”

Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: ג 'ראח
Reviewed 22 June 2012

After some disappointingly bland meals at supposedly premium restaurants, we hit the jackpot here on Friday evening. Charmingly unsophisticated location and service, fabulous food. Lamb chops yum.

1  Thank rayslater
There are newer reviews for Pasha's Restaurant

Reviewed 20 June 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a delicious dinner here while we were staying in East Jerusalem. We started with the assorted salads (mezzes) and enjoyed tasting all the dishes. The assortment included the standard options, such as hummus, eggplant, cauliflower, and cucumber with mint in yogurt, but it also came with some that we hadn't tried before, such as potatoes flavored with pickled lemon and tomatoes in a spiced yogurt. I had the Musakhan for the main course, which is a half a chicken baked with onion, sumac, allspice, saffron and pine nuts served on taboon bread. The spice mixture really made the chicken and onions memorable. My husband got the grilled marinated lamb dish. I enjoyed the Musakhan more than his lamb as I though the flavors were more intense on the chicken dish. Just keep in mind that it's going to be a LOT of food!

The atmosphere was quite nice, and the wait staff was very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our evening at Pasha's quite a bit!

2  Thank jessilynne
Reviewed 14 April 2012

It was a cold night when we decided to walk to this restaurant and the owner was having an extremely loud conversation with other people in the restaurant, you could hardly have a conversation. The food was arabic and ok, nothing special!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is a Palestinian restaurant and served a variety of local dishes as well as standard middle eastern fare. Staff were great and helpful in explaining dishes. We enjoyed everything except the smoking in the restaurant - you don't see this in North America or even most other restaurants in Israel these days (thank goodness!).

1  Thank dccv1
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Loved the ceiling! I felt as if I was in an exotic tent. The food was delish and the ambiance friendly. We had kabobs:chicken, lamb, beef with vegetable and baby lamb chops.

1  Thank Njoylife141