“Amazing! A true boutique hotel experience”
Review of Hotel Montefiore

Hotel Montefiore
Ranked #55 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
San Diego, California
“Amazing! A true boutique hotel experience”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last weekend. We traveled from California and we were exhausted by the time we reached the hotel. We arrived to a warm welcome. You would have thought that we were old friends. The hotel itself is beautiful and their staff is one of the finest ensemble I have experienced at any boutique hotel in the world. We were invited to have a drink at the bar and unfortunately our first missile siren goes off - the staff very calmly approached us and instructed us what we needed to do. We knew this was a probability that we would experience this but when it happens - its still unnerving. Thankfully, iron dome kept us safe and all was fine. I have to write a letter to the owner of this hotel and express our gratitude to his staff.
Our room was perfect: comfortable bed, lush pillows, high end sheets, lovely toiletries... The bathroom was large, high end fixtures, comfy towels, great water pressure (this is very important to my husband!). Also, our balcony faced the street and had a small bistro table and chairs - perfect for enjoying a glass of wine and taking in the scene.
We enjoyed the hotel bar. The bartenders make delicious cocktails and really took care of us. Special shout out to Yiron and Eton (spelling? Sorry). Everything we ate at the restaurant was very good - obviously it's a favorite for the area because its always busy and the crowd is hip and trendy
What really made our stay was the service!!! Every time we left the room, it was tidied up - I honestly don't know how they keep up with everything?! And the icing on the cake: I asked the girls at the front desk if they could help me find a salon that I could use to have my hair done in the area - get this....they arranged for a hairdresser to come to my room for me at whatever time I wanted - really?? I was in heaven! Now that's service!!
I believe you can't find a better hotel in the area! We will be back!!! I will tell everyone in the states to stay here if they travel to tel aviv.
Thank you Hotel Montefiore!! I miss you already!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Hebrew first
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Head and shoulders above the 'big' hotel chains that dominate the sea front area.
The Montefiore is a veritable oasis in comparison and located in the slowing improving old part of Tel Aviv.
There is plenty of evidence that smart new is snapping up local property and the whole neighbourhood is on the up with a lively buzz evident.

Not so good points:
Unfortunately only 12 rooms & occasionally you can hear noise at night time from the surrounding streets but, this a really minimal

Good points:
Great rooms with good quiet air con, strong hot shower, satellite tv and very comfortable bed.
Terrific atmosphere throughout the establishment and the staff could not be any more helpful/accommodating/friendly.
The restaurant is rightly popular with guests and locals. Excellent food and wine cellar.
There is an 'extended family' feel amongst all the staff which is probably only possible to achieve and maintain in boutique hotel of this size ... Credit to the owners/management.

Would happily recommend this for either business or pleasure and will certainly stay here again on next business trip in few months time.
Almost didn't write this review as it will likely make it harder to book in the future.

Those who really want to splash out on a hotel might like to look at the nearby Norman Suites which is just opening and will be the clear No.1 luxury boutique hotel after a significant and lengthy fit out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2014

A stylish boutique hotel with vibey, delicious restaurant on ground floor. Rooms have floor to ceiling bookshelves filled with novels and design-oriented coffee table books. Daily tea time from 5 with scones and jam etc. Cheesecake is one of a kind.

Room Tip: Street facing rooms have small balconies.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I have been coming to the Montefiore for several years now, both for business and pleasure, and recommend it 100% without any reservations. It is a true home away from home with exceptionally friendly and caring people, terrific food, a wonderful bar. A very relaxed and easygoing atmosphere with great attention to service and detail. Beautiful rooms which make one want to stay even longer. Many thanks Montefiore team, you are doing a terrific job which is without a match in TLV in my view. Looking forward to my next Yom Kippur trip.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Truly a gateway. Great rooms, the best hotel service, every little detail is with the highst quality. great location and an amazing resturent at the lobby. such a special place, highly recommended for everyone !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Noa T
Paris, France
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Charming, hype and full of the spirit of Tel-Aviv, the hotel Montefiore is a very nice boutique hotel. The design of the room is modern and well finished with a nice selection of furnitures. The restaurant is good and the staff is really helpful and service minded. A very good hotel.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was so blown away by the quality of every aspect of service at the Hotel Montefiore that I don't even know where to begin.
I'll start with the breakfasts, which are included in your room rate and which you can take in the glamorous lobby or in your room for NO additional fee (which is something I've never encountered before anywhere!). I could have ordered anything on the menu I wanted and it would have been included but the Israeli Breakfast was simply the best breakfast I've ever had in my entire life, The BEST. Seriously, I never thought a breakfast could be so good.
Every single member of the staff was incredibly helpful and bent over backward to make me comfortable during my stay. However, they didn't need to do very much since I was so blissfully happy just being there!
They have gorgeous shoulder bags with two fluffy white towels for you to take to the beach. EVERY time you leave the room, housekeeping comes in to tidy up and replenish your supply of fruit and nuts and mineral water (all free, by the way). These are the kinds of small details that you'd be hard-pressed to find at any hotel anywhere in the world, but especially in TLV.
My room was like a chic loft in the West Village in New York City or London- elegant, stylish and wholly unique. The bathroom was HUGE, filled with fresh towels and an ample supply of locally made toiletries.
Not that you are going to be spending much time sitting in your room with so much to do in Tel Aviv, but when you are in your room, you'll have a ton of great channels on the local YES TV system which always has something good on in English (or check out a great Israeli TV show!).
NEIGHBORHOOD: The Montefiore is the best of both worlds (just like Tel Aviv itself), just blocks from some of the best restaurants in town on Nachalat Binyamin & on Rothschild. Great nightlife and shopping in Neve Tzedek. And a 5 minute walk to Carmel Market, 10 minute walk to the beach!
The restaurant in the hotel is always buzzing and filled with interesting people; the bar is a great place to hang out after a day on the beach and before hitting the town at night!

I've spent a long time traveling in many of the great boutique hotels of the world, and only a small handful stand out; the Montefiore is one of only a few hotels I eagerly look forward to returning to as soon as possible!

I would put up pictures but I promise you that none of them does the hotel any justice as it looks even better in person.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo