“This is a great hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Jerusalem, Israel
“This is a great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We just stayed at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Center and it was a great stay. We have stayed at several hotels in Israel and this was the best. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is very helpful. Breakfast was varied and very good.
The location is excellent. While the hotel is not on the beach, it is not far and the hotel provides a free shuttle to the beach.
Traffic can be very difficult in Israel. We parked our car at the hotel and used cabs to get around the city. Cabs are relatively inexpensive.
Overall, we very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Tamar,

Thanks so much for your comments, its sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love reading the experiences of our guests, and yours is no exception.

I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon. Please ask for me during your next visit so that I can make sure it's productive and pleasant.

ellak@crowneplaza-il.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (244)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

My third time in the hotel and the first weekend ! a very stylish, urban and modern hotel. located at the center of the trendy Tel-Aviv.

360 degrees professional service from all the stuff, a very utilized business lounge which really answer all needs.

visiting the hotel's restaurant is a must ! i had the ribs and they were perfect :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eitan_Babay
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Buckinghamshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza 3 times now for business and every time my stay has been really comfortable. The drink on arrival is always very welcome. The rooms are well equipped, clean and the beds are really comfortable. The breakfast has an array of different choices. It's a great location with the mall and new restaurants and shops opened within a few minutes walk. The shuttle bus is a perfect alternative to a cab to the airport. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BuckinghamshireMissW
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.

I hope we get a chance to meet next time you're in Tel Aviv. Please ask for me during your next visit so that I can make sure it's productive and pleasant.

Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I did extensive research before I visited Israel. I'm an American and I'd never been to the Middle East before, so while I was keen to stay near the beach and be in the center of things, I settled on the Crowne Plaza City Center because it had all the American stuff I crave. Which is to say, new furnishings, cable TV, showers, etc.

The Crowne Plaza City Center did not disappoint. It wasn't the best hotel I've ever stayed in of course, but the staff is quite professional, things are new and fresh, and it's not creepy. The hotel is slightly outside the main part of Tel-Aviv, but you can easily catch a cab ride down into the heart of things for about $15 (i.e. 50 NIS), and there are plenty of busses around to take you toward the sea if that's too much. Plus, there's a pretty decent mall right next door to the hotel, filled with mid-priced stores and a whole bunch of my faves like Zara and McDonald's. I'm the type of gal who likes to spend my vacation days immersed in a new culture, but I don't like stress when I get back to my hotel. So it was nice to spend 12 hours in Jerusalem or wherever, and then have the opportunity to come home, take a nice hot shower, and kick back with some McNuggets and some CNN.

This is a nice, safe hotel and we had a great time. The airport shuttle was overpriced, but other than that I can't complain.

Room Tip: We were in 1317. It was okay, but not perfect.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank saritaT33
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear SaritaT33,

I hope to see you again in Tel Aviv. I'm sure you didn’t get a chance to do everything on your list.
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The Crowne Plaza is close to the city center. The nearby trainstation conects the hotel to the Airport. Walking to the veach is a straight line and takes about half an hour. Within walking distance are a couple of restaurants.
The room was very nice and staff friendly and helpful. I'd therefore recommend the hotel to everyone who's not looking for a beach hotel but for a nice city or business hotel!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Raphael B
Dear Raphael,

Thanks so much for your comments, its sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love reading the experience of our guests, especially yours.

Bedford, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We've used the Crowne Plaza multiple times on regular trips to Tel Aviv. It is a little pricey but all previous stays have been OK but with the occasional niggle. For example, the first stay they put me on the smoking floor so it was nearly my last as I detest the smell of tobacco. After the last stay I don't think we'll be returning.

The positives are it is spotlessly clean, I've always had a good nights sleep and its in a convenient location with good local amenities.

The negatives, they don't handle complaints well. Shower leaked, they said they'd fixed it, they hadn't (what they had done was unscrew the shower head and point it at the wall so it was useless). 4am wake up call that hadn't been asked for, they promised to remove it and it happened again. On complaining a second time they insisted we'd ordered it.

One of their managers rang and listened to the complaint, then offered complimentary room service to make up for it. Well that never arrived. We queried it, the manager had gone home and never ordered it.

Its not very good value but it was the poor service that tipped the balance. We're going elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear BedsTraveller,

Thank you for posting a review. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to improve the guest's experience.

I wanted to offer my apologies for your recent experience with us. I have discussed your concerns with the appropriate employees, and I can assure you that these issues won't occur again.
I truly hope we will have an opportunity to welcoming you back as our guest.Be assured that our staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire.

Ranana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

We spent 3 days in the hotel; a combination of business and pleasure.
The stay at Hotel city center was great! Fantastic location, high quality hotel, clean and very comfortable rooms, excellent breakfast.
We hope the Management realises just how friendly and helpful the receptionists and the entire staff was!
We shall definitely return

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank sivantz
Dear Sivan,
Thanks so much for your comments, its sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love reading the expiriences of our guests, and yours is no exception.