“Nice business hotel”

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center
Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Nice business hotel”
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

When ever I have to do a business trip to Tel Aviv, I stay in this hotel. It is close to a shopping center, nice restaurants around and just 30 min walking to the beach. The train station is just in front of the hotel. Train from Ben Gurion airport is just about 30 min and cost just 10% compared to a taxi. Rooms are fine and breakfast is great. Using the fitnes center in the same tower is included in overnight stay

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Manfred D
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Manfred,

Thanks so much for posting a review, its sounds like you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
I love reading the experiences of our guests, and yours is no exception.

I hope you will have a chance to visit our beautiful city. I'm sure you didn’t get a chance to do everything on your list.

Ella Kronkop

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (263)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Pros:
- Centrally located
- Decent breakfast service

Cons:
- Several lapses in service (on several occasions I had to call 2-3 times for simple room service requests)
- Awful in-room dining
- Rather soulless.

The interior designers went along with the odd fad of having a large window between the bathroom and the room itself, so that anyone using the bathroom or toilet is visible from the room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Runsfield
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear Runsfield,

Thank you for posting a review. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to improve the guest's experience.

I was sorry to learn that you experienced some lack in service. I'll be glad to receive a detailed information regarding the points that made you feel like that.

The design of the hotel is very modern, the rooms are spacious, it seems you stayed at the Club room where the designer added a special feature as a glass window, and this window may be totally closed by the electric curtain.

Once again, thank you for the review, you're more when welcome to contact me if you wish to provide a specific information regarding the matters mentioned. We are always aiming to improve.

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel stands at the center of Tel-Aviv Excelent location, not far from all the attractions in Tel Aviv,lovely rooms helpful staff willing to help day or night.
Clouse to the train station in the way from and to the airport

Room Tip: Tray to get Corner suites are large and sunny at Higher floors
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Arie,

Thanks so much for your comments, its sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love reading the experiences of our guests, and yours is no exception.
I look forward to welcoming you back as our guest soon. Please ask for me during your next visit so that I can make sure it's productive and pleasant.

Sunderland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I am stopping in the Crown Plaza City Center for 20 days and at the moment I am on Day 2 and I have loved it so far - rooms are lovely and are cleaned wonderfully and the staff are willing to help. I am going to be here for both Business as well as pleasure so will write another report further into my travels. I have to say that the last 2 nights I have ventured out of the hotel but this night I have had a hard day so thought that I would try the Hotel Entrance Bar and ordered wine and the Sushi - so pleased I did - the Sushi was lovely and made to order and you get to discuss your meal with the chef - who tonight was Efi and its was lovely. A very relaxed but attentive service and discussion, and the bar staff was also lovely - a real pleasure after a long day to feel that relaxed......... well more soon - hope this has helped someone :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear JenSmilex,

Thank you so much for great review. It's just great to get a live feedback from in house guest.
I truly believe we will succeed in preserving the best feeling until the end of your stay.

Please do not hesitate to ask for me if anything is needed so that I can make sure that your stay with us productive and pleasant.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We chose a British Airways early morning departure for our trip home and needed a close in Hotel for a 4:30 am trip to the airport. There are no hotels on the airport property and we wanted to get a good night sleep before a long trip, with a short cab ride to the terminal. The hotel is modern and comfortable but it is located next to an open air concert venue that was hosting an opera concert the night of our stay, a Friday night. We had to get moved to a higher floor, facing away from the venue, which wasted about an hour of what we hoped would be our last rest for the next 24 hours. We had a whole 5 hours of rest, after we settled in, not worth the relatively high price we paid. My advice is to take a midday non-stop to the east coast of the US., like the United flight to Newark. FYI, the airport security was a quick and easy,compared to what we were expecting, took less that 2 hours beginning to end.

Room Tip: tell them you want a room on a high floor away from the opera
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.

I was sorry to learn that the outside event bothered the quality of the stay, it's true that in summer period some concerts are taking place on the Azrieli Theater from occasionally, however I'm glad that our staff was attentive to your needs and the new room was quite enough.

I truly hope we will have an opportunity to welcoming you back as our guest. Be assured that our staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Crowne Plaza City Center (Azrieli) is actually the best hotel I've stayed at so far in Tel Aviv. The main problem is the location. You are situated between two highways with a train station next door. Not exactly the nicest view or immediate surroundings.

The rooms are larger than the CP Beach and newer. The beds are comfortable and there is plenty of room. Just be aware that you may have to close the curtains because there are huge spotlights pointed directly at the hotel to light it up against the night sky. I like to sleep with the curtains open so the sun can wake me up, but at this hotel that was not an option. The staff at the hotel is friendly. The gym is huge; I think it is shared with the rest of the Azrieli center. This is the best gym I've used in Israel.

The business lounge at this hotel is very nice. It's large and modern with a pretty good selection of food and drinks for dinner. The breakfast is great, as so many are in Israel's hotels. The fresh-squeezed orange juice machine is the star - I'm really disappointed that more hotels don't have this. If you go, you have to get the OJ. You'll laugh at the OJ in the US when you try this stuff.

There's not really much to do near the hotel so you find yourself staying there instead of going out on business trips. The dinner restaurant is weak. Don't waste your (or your company's) money and just eat in the business lounge (or even better - take the 20 min walk to Tapeo!).

The strangest part of the hotel is that every single time you re-enter the compound (there is a mall at the Azrieli center) you have to go through a security check. Every time, your taxi is stopped, the guard asks you where you're going, sometimes they even check your bags and trunk, the whole thing is ridiculous. It's not really the hotel's fault or even that bad given Israel's heightened security, but it's worth mentioning on TripAdvisor as an annoyance.

If you like malls this might be the hotel of your choice. The mall isn't bad. But I would avoid going to Israel to shop - the prices are outrageous compared to the US or even most of Europe. Save your money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not have a spotlight shining up into it
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Staniel,

Thank you for posting a detailed review . I really appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to share your experience with others. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.

I really glad you find the fresh squeezed orange juice as a nice touch, by the way we also provide a fresh green apple at the reception at any time for free.

Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We just stayed at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Center and it was a great stay. We have stayed at several hotels in Israel and this was the best. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff is very helpful. Breakfast was varied and very good.
The location is excellent. While the hotel is not on the beach, it is not far and the hotel provides a free shuttle to the beach.
Traffic can be very difficult in Israel. We parked our car at the hotel and used cabs to get around the city. Cabs are relatively inexpensive.
Overall, we very much recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple