“New modern hotel”

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center
Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Checked in for one night and was upgraded to a beautiful room. All staff were super, very friendly and so helpful. All was lovely and it was great to pop to,the shopping mall for a look and shop. Also some eateries so a nice rest after some hectic days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Essex,

Thanks so much for posting a review, its sounds like you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.
I love reading the experiences of our guests, and yours is no exception.

I hope you will have a chance to visit our beautiful city. I'm sure you didn’t get a chance to do everything on your list.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Huge room, which is rare for Tel Aviv. The main room is easily 6x12 meters, and bathroom 4x5 meters, as I was given a corner suite so it made for amazing views from two sides as well. Excellent food and service. Location above the Azrieli mall will be a plus for some, but the way the property is laid out you'd have to look hard to notice the largest shopping mall in Israel if mall's aren't for you. This is due to the excellent architecture, entry-exit points to the hotel, and ability to quickly get onto HWY 20/Ayalon HWY, Highway 2, or Eliezer Kaplan Street, all of which are major thoroughfares.

Room Tip: Corner suite for the view!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for great review, it’s a big honor to get feedback from such experienced traveler like you.
I'm delighted that you find our rooms, location, food and beverages and service most convenient.
I hope your travel needs will bring you back to Tel Aviv, when you will be able to enjoy more hotel facilities and surroundings.

Please email me if any special arrangements may be done prior your arrival, so you can save time.

Ella

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night and it was a great experience. I wish I had booked it for longer. It is located at the Azrieli center which was good for me because the train station is right there as well as restaurants and stores. When I checked in the staff was wonderful and upgraded me to a fantastic room. The room was big, clean, comfortable, and had a great view. Too bad it was only for one night! It felt luxurious!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Travelbalty guest,

Just a quick note to thank you for your review. May all your adventures be as delightful as your stay with us and may they bring you back to us soon
I hope to see you again soon. I'm sure you didn’t get a chance to do everything on your list.

Ella

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The breakfast is amazing and so are the rooms, the beds are so comfortable and the staff are very friendly,the hotel is located in the best area in Tel Aviv and it is close to a huge shopping mall which is great if you want to buy some things,love this hotel

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear AshShang,

Thanks so much for your review, its sounds like you had most enjoyable experience and good value for money.

I love reading the experiences of our guests, and yours is no exception.
Hopefully you will have a chance to visit our great property on your next visits in Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We arrived at 10:30pm after a mess at Ben Gurion airport....exhausted to be greeted by a smiling efficient Rachel at reception. Her colleague Aaron was just as helpful & efficient.

We were upgraded, told where we could eat at that late hour and were made to feel "looked after".

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2014

Dear SuetheDragon,

Thanks so much for your comments, its sounds like you had a lot of fun. I love reading the experiences of our guests, and yours is no exception.

I hope to see you again in Tel Aviv. I'm sure you didn’t get a chance to do everything on your list.
Thank you for the compliments to Rachel and Aaron, the front desk agents. This is a highest praise of recognition, especially for the team who really loves their work and spares no efforts to deliver great service.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. We were upgraded to a suite which was a nice extra perk. Rooms were clean and modern. The bathroom had a separate shower and bathtub, which was nice. Nice views in 2 directions. The only negative about the suite was the frosted glass bathroom door which allows a lot of light through when trying to sleep during the day or when the light is turned on in the bathroom at night.

Dinner at the hotel restaurant wasn't great. First course was fine and while the portions for the main course were large, we did not enjoy them.

Breakfast was the total opposite. Lots of fresh choices- breads, dairy products, desserts, juices, fruits, salads, etc.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Azlil,

Thank you for posting a review. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.

I truly hope we will have an opportunity to welcoming you back as our guest. Be assured that our staff and I will take the utmost care to make sure you're accommodated in everything you desire.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I am getting ready to check out of the hotel now but couldn't wait to post this review. For such a high end property with a great location and excellent rooms, I was prepared to rate the hotel higher. While I'm on that roll, let me say that the room accommodation is great, what great equipment is in the fitness center, and how delicious the buffet breakfast. And as an extra, I have a "thing" for speedy elevators and they are pretty fast here.
But the front desk staff is terrible!
#1 They would not work with my team to arrange for driver from the airport to the hotel. They kept demanding multiple forms be filled out and that was impossible while already on the road.
#2 Then I show up late at night and the front desk person looks at me and then disappears for 5 minutes. I was like "what the heck is going on?" Eventually another person comes up and without explanation begins to check me in. Didn't look up from his computer...didn't smile....very weird.
#3 Each time I enter the hotel after having been out, not one person ever looks up from their computer to acknowledge me or say hello....again very weird.
#4 Today takes the cake. I arrive after a trip to Jerusalem and I'm trying to pay the cab driver. So I go inside and ask the front desk a quick conversion about the exchange rate. The person barely acknowledges me, looks back at the computer, and says "I don't know." Right behind her is a sign board with the exchange rate on it that I didn't notice until a nearby guest pointed it out.

Do these people ever smile....do they ever want to acknowledge you...? Have they not been trained how to be courteous. Again, just a weird vibe.

On the other hand, the bell staff out front and the folks who sell pastries in the lobby are really nice and helpful. But the front desk staff acts as if you are bothering them.

So instead of 4 stars, I assign 3 stars.

Room Tip: Hotel is in a complex that includes a 5 story mall. That is very convenient. Also, don't pay...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Reg C
Ella K, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Mr. Reg,

Thank you for posting a review. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to improve the guest's experience.

I was sorry to learn that Front Desk staff were note welcoming and polite enough. We truly believe that we should provide most comfortable and welcoming attitude to our guest, it seems that in this case something went wrong, sorry for that.

Best Regards