“Don´t go there”

Ranked #24 of 39 Tel Aviv B&B and Inns
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Don´t go there”
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I booked with two months anticipation for my family that were coming for my wedding, we booked the suite, I´ll called 3 times before they arrive to the owner Ben and he told me that everything was set up. When we got to the hotel they gave us a different room, they split my family in two bedrooms, they told us that room numer 13 (suite) had a gas problem, so they couldn´t stay there, at the end they rent it to an other family for more money, the rooms stink, the owner Ben doesnt know how to deal with tourist, he was very nesty and rude, at the end he said he will give us a discount, didnt gave us nothing, and he charged VAT, tourist dont supose to pay VAT. I highly dont recommend this place, they are going to ruin your vacations

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel220908

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 13 October 2012

Last August - after booking personally for a suite 7 months yearlier, hearing few weeks before arriving that booking may be invalidated (same experience as other comentators had, it must be some inbuilt error of their system...) and after my daughter and fiancèe conducted a fierce battle - we were given our booked suite for 4 persons. We stayed there for more than 2 weeks and it was a good stay. Apart a short and won war with cockroaches at the beginning and some 3 days without Internet (until it was fixed) we were delighted to be in the center of Tel Aviv, near the beach and near everything. Nissim, the housekeeper, was useful and helping. At the street level, a supermarket was open continuosly for alimentary shopping. The furniture of the suite was a bit "geriatric" (we did not seek luxury), the kitchen utilities scarce (we didn't have a big pot for pasta!!...), the street noises arrived at the 4th floor even at night, but in summary, it was a nice and confortable stay. If you have a car, beware : as in all Tel Aviv parking is a big problem. (not hotel's fault).

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Our experiences in Tel Aviv were frustrating and Yarden Apartments was no exception. However, once we got past our initial problems, we found our room clean, pleasant, and well-located. Here's the story - we checked in for our last two nights in Israel. We had been directed to a building other than the one where we thought we were staying and I was confused. The parking situation was awful so I went to check us in and my husband stayed with the car. There was no employee in the tiny lobby so I called a phone number and someone appeared. He was the rudest person that I think I have ever dealt with! He told me that they had moved us from their beach apartments to this building, that this building was nicer and sort of bullied me into accepting the room (for the same price). I was suspicious of his tactics and when I said that I needed to talk it over with my husband, he said I had two minutes, that he had things to do. He was awful. I talked to my husband, came back into the lobby, and he was gone. I was fuming but then a lovely man walked in, asked me if I had been helped and proceeded to help me with the rest of the details of my stay. I wish I had gotten his name! A second, equally lovely man cleaned our room for us. The room was clean, spacious, had a patio overlooking Ben Yehuda Street and was close to the beach, restaurants, etc. We found that we could park at the nearby Sheraton for 95 shekels for 24 hours and we walked everywhere we went. The lovely man helped us to get an honest cab driver to take us to the airport at 4:30am. The only downside of staying at Yarden Apartments (other than Mr. Rude) was that there is noise on Ben Yehuda Street ALL the time. Take earplugs or be a sound sleeper! Otherwise, we felt we got a great room for a great price.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We were five people: three mature ladies and two teenage boys. When we realized that the property wouldn't accommodate us comfortably but that the owner was not going to provide a refund, we tried to make the most of it.
The good aspect of this place was the location on the corner of Ben Yehuda and Ben Gurion Streets. We could walk to the beach, to restaurants and cafes, and to Dizengoff Street for shopping, and there was a really good little super market downstairs.
The story of the bad aspects of this place can only begin to be told here.
Firstly, there was only one bedroom with a king sized bed so we asked the owner to ensure that there were three single beds in the living area. This was not done. When we arrived there was a two seater sofa, a chair and a coffee table in the living room - with no space for any bedding. A couple of fold-out stretcher bed frames had been left standing against the wall for us to try to figure out ourselves.
When we called the owner to object to this situation and to remind him that he had agreed to put three beds in the living room, he not only did not care, he raised his voice and was vehemently unapologetic.
Eventually, since the only way we would be able to open the fridge or walk to the window to close the curtains was if only two people set up stretchers in the living room, leaving the two teenage boys and their mother to share the king sized bed in the only bedroom – that’s what we did. I can't begin to describe how uncomfortable those stretcher beds were. Every iron bar could be felt sharply through the very thin layer of foam that was supposed to be the mattress.
The apartment was not clean. We saw a cockroach in the living room. The hot water was not turned on when we arrived so we had to call the owner again – who was again arrogant and unapologetic in the extreme. We could not use the balcony facing onto Ben Yehuda Street as we couldn’t open the sliding doors. The door at the entrance to the apartment was in need of repair and did not offer any security. There was no crockery, cutlery or glassware in the apartment when we arrived.
We had been told there was parking next door. Parking was not even nearby - it was a 10 minute brisk walk away.
Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank 255100Traveler

Travellers are raving about these Tel Aviv hotels

Houston, TX
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My brother was graduating from Tel Aviv University and had made reservations for the family to stay here well ahead of time. The rate was fantastic as was the location. The day before our extended family of 12 arrived, we called to confirm. Much to our horror and surprise, the innkeeper had given our rooms away. He claimed that he didn't have our confirmation (although we were able to provide it to him), and he did nothing about it. When my brother asked how he would help us, he said there wasn't any vacancies. When we got to Tel Aviv, we discovered that there was a large convention in town. We believe he was able to rent the room for far more than the reasonable rate he offered it to us. We eneded up in a room for over $400 a night since that was all we could find in the van driving back from Masada. His rate was truly too good to be true. Don't even waste a second booking here.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Pam_David
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2012

On arrival, the room keys had been clearly left in a safe, enabling us to access the building with no problem. The rooms were exceptionally clean and accommodated our self catering needs. The apartments are in great location about a 4 minute walk to the beach. At check out the management locked our bags away enabling us to enjoy the morning sunshine until our flight.
For what you pay they were perfect. Staff were accommodating and helpful. I would stay there again (25 year old female!). Perfect for my needs...cheap and cheerful!

Room Tip: Make sure you know the code to the door and safe to access the building and room. We didnt know yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank hannah471
Switzerland
Reviewed 3 May 2012

First of all, our room was not available when we arrived, even though we'd booked more than a week earlier and confirmed the booking. They moved us to another location, saying it was "the same," even though the room was 2/3 the size and lacked many amenities. It was also in an awful neighborhood. Our view was of a demolished building, and we had to listen to a bulldozer and breathe the dust from the construction site. The place was filthy.

We were moved TWO more times in two days because the management either can't or won't figure out which rooms are occupied and which aren't. The last room we had was also dirty and poorly equipped.

Location was good and price not bad, but you would be hard-pressed not to find a better deal in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family