“Scam hotel!”

Ranked #25 of 41 Tel Aviv B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Scam hotel!”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This hotel is a scam! Do NOT book this hotel without first having seen the actual room. They have as a method to overbook and to ship people to a hotel which is much worse, no view, no balcony, no street life, less attractive area, lowsy rooms. The hotel that you see on the pictures and have described for you is most likely NOT the hotel they will book you in. The owner is calculating that a tired traveler will settle for the worser room by falsely calling it an “upgrade”. This is nothing but a scam!

This happened to us. On top of this, when we got upset about the ridiculously lowsy deal, he did not offer an apology or compensation or likewise but started blaming us for being upset (yes, we did raise our voices and expressed our disappointment... shame on us, apparently). He arrogantly turned the conversation around to make it sound as if we were somehow at fault for not accepting the “upgrade”. It was an unbelievable farce. As soon as it became clear to him that we did not approve of the lowsy room, he was trying to get rid of us asap by being rude, which made it obvious that it was all a plan and that he did not feel any remorse. Tel Aviv is crawling with good hotels, do yourself a favour and stay away from this one!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank Prue D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This apartment is lokated on a very good spot in the middle of the center . close to a lot of nice and cosy restaurants and some pubs
The apartment is ok there is enough space all around
But, the cleaning!! This is really terrible everywhere is dirty,shower toilet,kitchen everything
no wonder sometimes you see bugs and cocroughes
And then it also smell not nice, actually it stinks
but very convienient is the supermarket downstairs

Room Tip: all the same but mayby higher up less noise
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My parents and I arrived at Yarden Apartments at 11am (2pm was the check in time) exhausted from our 30 hour flights and explained this to the resident Manager - Nissim, who was very rude and kept assuming that we wanted a room straight away. We understood that we would have to wait for the apartment, we just wanted to see where the place was and told him we'd be back later but his lacked any empathy. However he did later offer to keep our bags in a locked cupboard while we waited to check in to our apartment.

The apartment was average. The kitchen was excellent though, it was very well equipped besides the electric kettle which had a leak (and someone had clearly attempted to seal with plaster) which pooled at the electric base - a hazard. The bedroom was nice and the bed was comfortable, however we booked for 3 people and the third bed was a fold-out with a three-inch mattress and very uncomfortable. The sheets and pillows provided were good. There was a TV with many local and international news and entertainment channels which was nice. The friendly Nigerian cleaner was always ready to help out as well.

The location is excellent. Everything within walking distance; there are several beautiful cafe's just two minutes away, the beach just five minutes away and Dizengoff street and mall 10 minutes away.

If you're after luxury and excellent service then this is not the place, but it's value for money as accomodation near Ben Yehuda is quite pricey. The necessities are provided and it's good if you're out most of the time, not the place where you come back to relax and unwind - it's functional.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 29 August 2013

location was great just moment from the beach and all tel aviv
flat are very sapcious and clean
i cant say anything bad
we really love it the kids had a lot of fun and enjoy tel aviv city and beach
new year we will be back to the same place

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I ordered a room a month in advance. When I called to cancel, the Manager was terribly rude. He got mad when I called him at 6 pm, he said we are closed, you need to cancel tomorrow. Very dishonest, and was glad I didn't stay there. Don't stay at this place. Save your money and stay at a decent place and look at the review on TripAdvisor before booking.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michelle S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2013

I have just walked out of this place after a final argument with the resident manager, probably one of the rudest local guys working in Tel Aviv (or so I hope...)

Let's start with the positive:
Location: excellent town location with lots of lively cafes and restaurants nearby and only a 5 min walk from the beach.
Room size: we had a 1 bedroom flat relatively spacious with a balcony.
Internet: free wifi though the connection was a bit dodgy most of the time

Now the negative:
Terrible service: when we arrived, Nissim the manager brought us a credit card bill to sign with a hugely unfavourable exchange rate. When we pointed that to him he became all agitated and explain that you take it or leave it.
When we asked for a spare key, he told us we had to deposit 50 shekels (about €10). On the day of my departure (today) I gave him the key back and when I asked for my 50 shekels back he said the 50 shekels were not a deposit but a fee for having an extra key so I should kiss my 50 shekels goodbye. Though I knew he was ripping me of I said fine, then he came back to accuse me that I had never given him 50 shekels. Even the friendly Nigerian cleaner who was witnessing the argument was clearly embarassed.
As checkout is 12, when I asked if we could store our luggage until 5pm, he said "at 4 i go home so you have to be back before". Then he started waving his arms and kept shouting in his trademark "don't bother me with your stupid questions" that he was doing me a favour!!
On the 1st day of our stay I reported that the safe and the electiv curtains were not working. He came the next day at 9am banging on the door. I told him my son was sleeping, he said he would be quiet and once in the living room he dialled on his cell phone and started shouting orders right next to my son's bed. He sorted the safe next day but never fixed the curtain which means that for 10 days my son was awaken every morning by fright daylight.
Other minuses:
Minimalistic crockery for a flat.
Cheap and nasty 70s furniture.
Cleaning well below standards.
Very noisy on the side on the Ben Yehuda, the traffic is heavy and non stop and as there is no double glasing you better be armed with top notch ear plugs. On the other hand, the bedroom in the back is very quiet so if you have no one sleeping in the living room that's fine. We were in flat 9.

To summarise,unless you are a masochist and enjoy been harassed, shouted out and ripped off and like noise, bad service and basic facilities, I would strongly advise you to try another place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank DejaVuWisdom
Dekalb, IL, USA
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I'm about to leave this godawful hotel, and as I type this review the manager is outside my door harassing some guest next door to me, just like he harassed me yesterday morning.

I paid in advance for two nights at the 35 Yona Hanavi location, but when I arrived they told me that they were full. What??? I paid for the room already! So they sent me to the this location at 130 Ben Yehuda. They called it an "upgrade," and in their minds maybe it was because the rooms here are larger. But from my perspective, it meant a 30 minute walk to the new location in the hot sun hauling my luggage behind me, and then an extra 30 minutes walk every time I wanted to go some place in the city. It also meant that I wouldn't get the breakfast I paid for. I would rather have had those things than a bunch of useless extra space.

As soon as I checked in the staff completely disappeared for the entire day. They left a phone number but no phone in the room to call them! (Remember, American cell phones usually don't work overseas.) So when I couldn't find the air conditioning control, I was out of luck. I spent my first night in a room that was approximately 80 degrees Fahrenheit.

Even worse, before checking in they told me I'd have to switch rooms the next day. This might have been merely annoying, but they turned it into a daylong nightmare. This is because at 9am I went out to get breakfast (you know---the breakfast I paid for but didn't get because I was "upgraded") and when I returned at about 11am the staff had gone into my room and piled up all my stuff on the couch so that they could clean. What??? Check-out time was 1pm, but they had apparently gone into my room as soon as I left at 9am. I counted the cash I had left in the room and luckily it was still there undisturbed, still hidden in my bags.

Despite the fact that checkout time is at 1pm, they turned me out of the hotel at 11am and told me I couldn't come back for at least an hour while they prepared the next room for me. What??? Where am I supposed to go for that time? And am I supposed to trust these bozos with my luggage while I'm out? Well I didn't have much choice, so I waited the hour.

This morning I wake up to hear the manager outside arguing with the guest next door. Figures.

Room Tip: Try the Hotel Galileo instead. Their rooms are small but the service is excellent and their prices...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo