“Great apt., nice location”

Yarden Beach Boutique Hotel
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed on the topfloor, with a great balcony next to a large apt, including kitchen. Clean, large, very satisfying.
Landlord / guard is reachable by phone, noty very present at the location on Ben Yehuda Street. Is both an advantage and a disadvantage.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just to add to the reviews that were here before: they are small cockroaches in the kitchen yes. We honestly only saw 2-3 so small that we killed them, sweeped them up and threw it in the bin. Compared to the massive disgusting creatures walking around the streets at night, that was nothing. The reception also depends. I've heard and seen them shouting at other guests too when it comes to booking etc. To us they were very friendly and helpful, especially as we were travelling and so stayed for 4 nights, then not, then 2, then not and 1 extra and they were very friendly in accommodating us. They also didn't charge us extra for 1 of us sleeping on the couch with extra linen for the entire time. Knocking on the door is what they do, they did the same to us even though we had paid, to tell us that we paid and to give us the receipt. The one problem we did have is that we arrived late, we told them but if we hadn't phoned them as well we wouldn't have known how to get in. They don't go far out of their way to help you. The location is great, very close to the beach and to the city centre. Aside from those few cockroaches our rooms were clean and comfortable and you have a lot of closet space. For a budget trip it's fine.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank estherk341
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I've never had such a bad experience in my life. The people working there were incredibly impolite and disrespectful.
When I came to the office to check in they sent me to a whole different apartment block 25min away from the original one! Then they ordered me to pay directly, when I said I would pay with checkout they started screaming like crazy. The apartment was dirty and smelled bad. The next morning at 8am(!!!) they were knocking on my door aggressively demanding me to pay immediately, I did not even check out yet which was supposed to be at 12h! When I opened the door he stuck his foot between the door and kept on shouting. My boyfriend and me immediately left the room and payed and never wanted to return again!!!!!!!!!!!! They were so aggressive that I was scared to get attacked.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank Lottie2102
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I booked the place for three days, and because i paid in advance, they gave me what they called an "upgrade", ON BEN YEHUDA 130 IN TEL AVIV.

I arrived in the room at night, so no one to control the room with.

- Pubic hairs in the bed, in the toilet, hairs everywhere.
- Stains on the sheets
- Stains on the towels
- Broken toilet
- Bad smell
- And of course la crème de la crème, cockroaches.

I spoke to someone of the "hotel" and told me that the cockroaches where a problem in the hole building... And couldn't do anything about it.
He did put new sheets on, but they had stains as well.

Room Tip: Rooms are full of coackroaches
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Amanda N
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We made two separate bookings and emailed the manager to keep us in the same room for two consecutive nights. "So I didn't get your email, so what", - said he the morning after when at 10 am he forced himself into our room with the intend to kick us out.. even though the check out is at 11 am... why use the phone if you can knock on the door and shout....
It was a clean apartment, but the bathroom reminded me of my first emigre dwelling in Brooklyn 25 years ago...
Located really close to the beach (a gorgeous beach I should say) but the neighborhood reminded me of that same dwelling .... My kids were pretty amazed at the weird characters swarming around the neighborhood in search of a free ride and more....

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chernomore
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I use this apartments hotel often. It is my preferred location in Tel Aviv for business as personal stay. The location is excellent and just 2 minutes walk to the beach and in the heart of the bar and shopping areas. Good public transportation. Limited parking space in the hotel but a public parking lot just cross the street in reasonable price.
Rooms are nice, equiped with TV/Video, fully equipped kitchen or kitchenette (depends on the level of apartment).
Service and stuff are friendly and welcoming.
Need some more cleanliness in public areas.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends