The Varsano Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$360
US$430
US$476
US$370
  • Beachfront
The Embassy Hotel Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$549
US$484
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were looking for something special and unique and were very disappointed throughout. The Versano’s web site looked promising—the pictures looked great and the description was inviting. We were looking forward to a different and unique experience.
We arrived the hotel and were immediately surprised to discover that the hotel and the entire area was under construction—something that no one bothered to let us know in advance. Not only that the streets around the hotel were dirty, full of dust and noisy, part of the hotel itself was under construction. When this was brought to the hotel’s staff attention, it was somewhat dismissed and the issue was not taken seriously. I felt that customer satisfaction is NOT a top priority throughout our visit.
The rooms are quite nice and unique, but again the overall experience is lacking. Whether it’s the sunny courtyard with no place to sit and relax in the shade or the hotel’s lobby that is essentially the reception area and there is no privacy to read a book, make a phone call or have a meeting. What you are really getting here is a room – no other hotel amenities beyond that.
Neve Zedek is a beautiful neighborhood and the location is great. You may want to look into other options to experience this unique part of Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Ygabay
Varsano, General Manager at The Varsano Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Varsano Hotel and thank you for your review.
We must admit that reading your review was more than disappointing.

In reply, I would like to start from the beginning; you made a reservation for a group of 25 guests a few months ago. Due to the sensitivity of a group reservation in a small hotel, our Sales & Marketing Manager, took care of this reservation by himself. We made our efforts in order to accommodate your needs. We have taken into account every special request and made an exception by let you add additional guests to the suites, even without any extra charge. Furthermore, the discounted rates that we have offered, were our very best ones and that in the middle of the highest season.

Regarding your comment about the renovations, there are ongoing street constructions by the Tel Aviv municipality around the hotel area, but not by or in the hotel itself. We sent you a notification email regarding the street renovations and constructions, a few weeks before your arrival, just like as we do with every guest who makes a reservation, and even, we take care to mention this in the confirmation letter.

Upon your arrival, we made our best efforts in order to let you check in early, after your long flights. Unfortunately, our new garden has not sits places, but on the other hand, each suite has its own semi-private patio, with the most comfortable facilities.

My apologies but your claims regarding the hotel service and the customer satisfaction, are not reflect to our reputation. We always treat our guests as if they were part of our family. The guests relations are on the top of our priorities and I am sure, that you as one of them, received the most personal and meticulous service.

We wish you all the best and Shana Tova.

The Varsano Hotel

Reviewed 10 July 2013

We stayed at The Varsano Hotel for 2 nights in July and loved it. The hotel is located in the trendy neighborhood of Neve Tzedek, only steps away from shops, bars, restaurants and the beach.
We have previously stayed in more touristic hotels right on the beach, but we much preferred the privacy of this hotel.
Our room was a beautiful loft with two bathrooms, super comfortable sofa,and great decor.
The bed is very comfortable.

The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast they provide through the bakery cafe is top quality.

We'll definitely go back next time we are in Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: Prior to booking check for any roadworks nearby.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Laura B
Reviewed 6 July 2013

As a family of four, with two teenagers, we are always on the hunt for comfortable, spacious and trendy accommodations wherever we travel--preferably villas or apartments, and the Varsano certainly doesn't dissapoint. The only negative thing we have to say is that we didn't stay long enough. We spent 5 nights during our visit and chose the two bedroom duplex apartment. The interior is elegantly appointed, filled with all the modern conveniences, without being stuffy. Each suite opens to a central courtyard which feels like a little oasis somewhere in Tuscany. We felt very much at home both in the apartment and in the area. The beach, the Tachana (converted train station into a shopping and dining complex), Shabazi street with all its quaint shops, Carmel market, Rothschild Blvd and the up and coming Florentin district are all a short walk away. I have stayed at both the InterContinental and the Carlton on the beach, and while perfectly fine, this is a much better alternative, in my opinion, for families or couples looking for a less touristy option, while still enjoying all the amenities of a hotel. And don't be discouraged by the lack of restaurant... They provide three excellent options steps away. A special thank you to all the helpful, friendly staff... We will certainly return!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Varsano, Manager at The Varsano Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review.
I'm glad that you enjoy your stay at the Varsano.
I hope our hotel will be part of your plan for the next visit in Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

The website and reviews were so misleading. Having looked at the larger hotels and wanting something a little more special and individual we found the website for The Varsano and thought it looked perfect. We visited in May 2013 and were not told that the road that the hotel sits in was closed to through traffic so drove around in circles for an hour before a local guy helped us and even he struggled. On arrival we were met with a bully of a car park attendant who was more interested in protecting her precious spaces than actually helping us. We went into the tiny reception area, stepping over pots of paint and immediately noticed the bar and lounge area were undergoing refurbishment and out of use. This theme was apparent in the court yard where there were piles of rubble and a delightful cement mixer! We were shown to our room which was described as airy and modern on the theme of a New York loft apartment...it was small, had just three small windows, no view and the outside area was accessed by going out the front door. It felt like a prison cell. There was no where to store belongings and when my girlfriend asked for additional hangers we were told there were none! If It was cheap then I would have accepted that you get what you pay for but on this occasion it was not substantially less than other hotels. We left within an hour, booked into the Intercontinental and had a fantastic week for very little more money than we had originally been planning on. We would not recommend The Varsano, it was completely mis-represented.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Paulg2301
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This Boutique hotel is one of its kind in Israel. I stayed in the hotel for my wedding preparations and for the wedding night. The staff were super nice and amazing to us. I wanted to stay in a smaller room but when they heard that I am getting married they actually upgraded us to their duplex room. I have never seen such quality in a room till now. After the wedding my husband and I realized that we forgot the room key. I was standing there with my wedding gown and my husband with his tux. I panicked so much that I would have to spend my wedding night in the street. However, i called the hotel and within two seconds someone with a bike came and gave us our keys. I am not sure I would receive such amazing treatment from an other place. Personally, I prefer boutique hotels to chain hotels. As they are more unique and makes you feel at home. The Varsano is a pearl in the city. I wish i could stay there forever. It made my wedding night complete. Thank you for everything The Varsano Family. Kohi & Jeremy

Room Tip: Huge space, great shower, and comfy beds.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Varsano, Guest Relations Manager at The Varsano Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your lovely review. It is a great honor to read that we helped making your special day a memorable one. We do our outmost to make our guests feel at home.

We enjoyed having you as our guests and we are glad to hear that you loved the hotel's design and your suite.

We really hope to see you back soon.

With warm regards,