“Great Tour”

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Tel Aviv
Ranked #24 of 223 Tours in Tel Aviv
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We offer daily tours of Old Jaffa - join us for the original Free Walking tour with passionate, local guides by the Clock Tower in Old Jaffa. Want to delve deeper with us? On our Tel Aviv City Tour, packed with both history and fun, we explore modern Tel Aviv - the hippiest and most liberal city of Middle East! Searching for a tailor-made and unique experience? Contact us for more information on private tours with our expert guides. Visit our website for more information, schedule and to book your spot on one of our tours.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

No complaints. Our tour guide gave us not just a great historical tour, but also gave a fair perspective on both the political and religious events that happened and are happening here as well. We walked away with a better understanding of Tel Aviv-Yafo's history and current situation.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,334)
All reviews
"interesting stories"
in 21 reviews
"great introduction"
in 15 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 22 reviews
in 12 reviews
"information"
in 98 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The free tour of Jaffa was excellent! I learned a lot and I never would have stumbled upon all of these amazing hidden spots otherwise. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Our guide Amat Rom did a really great in showing us the best spots in the old city of Jaffa. Woven into the tour were small bits about the history of the place, which gave context and led to a “whole” experience.
The tour took about two ours with a 10 minute break and was not too exhausting. Due to the many stairs on the hill it is rather not suited for people with a limited ability to walk. The day was pretty hot, but Amat always looked for a shaded place to do all the explanations.
She is very funny and talks naturally and we can really recommend the experience. We will book a tour offered by the same company in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This tour is NOT free, but it could be if you were really a jerk and refused to pay the guide. The recommended fee is 50 NIS which is a bargain for the hard work the guide does standing in the hot sun and trying to keep track of everyone.

I learned a lot about Old Jaffa and even though I really don't like walking around with a mass of people, I saw and learned stuff that I otherwise might have missed.

Our guide was Shir. She did a great job!

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It was all pretty well organised and I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Avi, even if some of the sights such as the old Jaffa gate could not exactly be described as well preserved. His 5 minute lightening rendition of 3,000 years of Israel's history was impressive and accurate. I agree with another reviewer that calling it "free" is not really fair. However I was happy to give the suggested tip of 50 shekels, because it was worth it. What is embarrassing is not having the right money and having to ask for change. So I recommend taking smaller notes with you.