“Great boutique hotel in Tel Aviv”

Gordon Hotel & Lounge
Ranked #64 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed a a large, 5star, chain hotel in Tel Aviv last year.
As we walked along the beach promenade we came across a small hotel that looked interesting.
When we decided to return to Tel Aviv, this year, we checked out the reviews and decided to stay at the Gordon (which has been remodelled since last year). The hotel is ultra hip with modern decor and a wonderful staff. Breakfast on the terrace every morning was excellent.
The only drawback is that the rooms are small but that would not stop us from returning here on our next visit to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gail-David

Reviewed 26 September 2011

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights early this month. I chose it because of the location by the beach and I wanted a more boutique type hotel by the beach. It's actually across the street from the beach not directly on it like some of the big hotels in the area although it didn't matter to us because we didn't actually go swimming. The location was nice because the boardwalk right across the street was filled with people each night and lots of action.
The room was on the small side even though we had gotten their largest room type with a seaview balcony. It was actually a side view of the beach but I was glad because it could get a little noisy with the street down below and facing the sidestreet seemed quieter. The room was very modern and well decorated. We had no major problems with the controls. There is no elevator but the guy at reception brought up our bags 2 flights because my husband was parking the car. Breakfast was great, on the first floor terrace overlooking the beach although it was right above the roadway- it didn't bother us. The breakfast is not a buffet but had sit down service with a waitress and a menu where one could choose anything you wanted. All in all, it was a nice stay although it seemed pricey in general but I think Tel Aviv is a pricey city anyway.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I was looking for a nice, little hotel for my first trip to Tel Aviv. Gordon exceeded all expectations!

Nice interior, godd service (very supportive), good food, great terrace with a view you will remember.

Had a nice room with balcony an sea view. Price was reasonable.

Unfortunately reception wasn't able to fix my balcony door which causes some noise at night, but all in one I definetly would come back.

Room Tip: ask for a romm with sea view - even it is only one window with sea view it is worth asking
  • Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Yes, it looks sleed and modern, but don't be fooled. This place has problems. The noise for one. Right on a noisy corner, you'll be kept up most of the night by the traffic. Unless you want a room in back with no view. No elevator. Be ready to shlep your suitcases up 2 - 4 flights. Breakfast ---- very chintzy and a coffee refill will cost you. Everything is extra. Wifi is spotty. Computer controlled lights are impossible to figure out. Only one switch in the bathroom.....does it control the light...no. Only a useless motorized curtain. Did we mention small rooms? Yes, that too. OK, what really annoyed us? Stayed for 2 nights, but got charged for 3. They refused to help us with our troubles with Venere which really ripped us off. We'll also never use them again.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wanderlust46341
Gordonhotel, General Manager at Gordon Hotel & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Dear Guest,

I was very sorry to hear about your negative experience.

we recently changed the balcony doors to double glaze sound proof glass.

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write down this review it helps us at the Gordon Hotel & Lounge to make the changes according to any review.

I will be more then happy to welcome you amongst us again and to make sure that your negative experience will be a positive one.

Regards

Gordon Hotel & Lounge Managment

Reviewed 19 June 2011

I like this place! It is a little strange and akward, but nonetheless interesting. It's a small, cozy hotel right on the beach in the heart of Tel Aviv. The hotel is "ultra modern", and indeed it takes 15-20 minutes to understand the room's lighting system. Breakfast was fresh and simple, and we were waited on (which I like as opposed to a buffett). Also, the hotel staff might benefit from some hospitality training. We paid $200, which I thought was about right but by no means a bargain. I probably won't stay here again (I don't like to say at the same place more than once), but I would recommend it.!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2011

The Gordon Hotel & Lounge -- not to be confused with the Gordon Inn -- is a wonderful find. It is a truly boutique property with only about a dozen rooms. The hotel opened in 2010, and is the epitome of chic. The rooms are very "moderne," lots of glass, sunken lights, and decor of blacks and whites. While not large, the rooms are very functional and the space is used well. And the location is wonderful, across the street from the beach and about 3-4 blocks from the center of Diezendorf. Staff was incredibly helpful. Breakfast is not standard Israeli buffet, but rather a small restaurant facing the beach, and guests have their choice or choices off the menu as part of the room price. I might add that the rooms were very reasonable compared to the Gordon's counterparts in Tel Aviv. I cannot understand how the Gordon is ranked 28th by Trip Advisor when the positive ratings are 94%. But you don't want to miss this place because of faulty placement by Trip Advisor.

Room Tip: Rooms in front have view of Mediterranean.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2011

The hotel is located at the beach, you just have to cross the street. It can be a bit noisy, but it did not bother me at all. The rooms are nice, clean and stylish, as is the whole hotel. The staff is super friendly and helpful, also with organising a day trip for us.
I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends