“Hidden gem of Tel Aviv”

Gordon Hotel & Lounge
Ranked #69 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 9 September 2012

We needed a centrally located nice hotel for one night in Tel Aviv.as we were in Israel for my daughters wedding which was in Jerusalem the following week. Gordon Hotel was great. Service was excellent.
Check in quick, nice room and amenities and Front Desk staff spoke in English very welll.
Room was great and view awesome overlooking beach.
They even had towels for guest to take to beach which was across the street.
Breakfast included was excellent and wait staff attentive.
Wi fi was great - free and fast compared to other parts of Israel .
Would stay there 100 percent next time we return to Israel
A/c worked well considereing Tel Aviv very hot and travelers from USA expect decent a/c

Room Tip: Room was not as big like american hotel rooms but cozy and enough room to relax. Great view stayed...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank rphmom57

Reviewed 3 September 2012

When I made my reservation in Gordon Hotel & Lounge I was not aware of how excellent my stay there would be. The rooms are decorated in white and very modern way. The room we stayed had a very nice terrace with seaview where we would enjoy a wonderful sunset. The service was just amazing in the reception desk, in the restaurant, etc. They serve breakfast until 11.30 and it is indeed a delicious way to start the day. I have no objections whatsoever and I am looking to go back to TLV, and stay at the Gordon Hotel & Lounge. Contratulations for making my vacation so special!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank enrique d
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I only discovered the hotel at the last minute, needing to stay only 2 days (August) before I left Israel for home. This hotel is perfectly located: just across the street from the Gordon Beach and an easy walking distance to the thriving Hayarkon, Ben Yehuda and Diezengoff streets.

The hotel staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. One fellow at the desk even let me use a laptop to do my El Al check-in! Another fellow ensured I had something to eat before my flight even though the kitchen was not yet open! The room in which I stayed was ultra modern, spotless and designed in a way to pamper the hotel guest. It had 'mood lighting', and the air conditioning system was whisper quiet and extremely efficient. I had it set at 24 degrees sometimes and that was quite 'cold' in the room even though it was hot and humid outside!

My room overlooked the Mediterranean and had a nice balcony to sit and watch the sunset. While there was traffic noise very late at night, I had no issue because it made me feel connected to the vibrancy that is in Tel Aviv and, of course, in all of Israel--the most wonderful country in the world.

Everyone at the hotel was thoughtful, friendly and inviting which made it even more of a special experience. I am planning to return in two years and would love to see them again. This hotel is a real find!

Room Tip: I was on the 2nd floor overlooking the sea. While there was traffic noise at night, it didn't b...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank e_z_au_Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife recently stayed in the Gordon Hotel in Tel Aviv, here is her review:

i just returned home from my first visit to Tel Aviv in almost 28 years and had the pleasure of staying at the Gordon. I stayed with my son in a cosy (yes, small but NOT tight) room, with every mod con one would expect from a 5 star hotel. The room was ALWAYS immaculately kept and cleaned (which is important to me). Even though we were on the second floor facing the street and beach, we never heard any noise. And we had the added benefit of our own balcony, which is rare in hotels these days.

The bed was very comfortable and the shower was brilliant with GREAT water pressure. Airconditioning was very quiet and almost too cold.

the restaurant, SALT, attached to the hotel, served great meals, but the breakfast was a standout. Beautifully presented food, with great servings and endless coffee and juice, fresh baguettes, and other bread and a choice of great eggs.

The physical hotel is great, location fantastic, great food, but the thing that really stands out was the staff. They were so friendly and helpful and really went above and beyond my expectation to make my stay enjoyable. From liaising with suitcase repair man (thanks to the airline ruining it), recommending and making reservations at restaurants, advising and arranging my transportation, and just general friendliness. They really made me feel special and at home.

sure it might be nice to stay at a place with a pool, but with the main tel aviv beach literally across the road, why bother.....they even gave us towels to take to the beach with us.

i have stayed in many hotels around the world, but this one really stands out as something special and i would not even think about looking for a different hotel, next time i visit.

review by Tamara Lipshut

Room Tip: get a beach view with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mark l
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We stayed for an entire week and had a great experience. The room was clean and modern. It had no view from the private balcony, but that just encouraged us to spend more time at the bar/restaurant, only positive experiences there.
The staff was very friendly and eager to provide recs on local restaurants, clubs and things to do. The included breakfast is made to order and really delicious. We also ate at the restaurant a number of times for lunch or dinner and it was always fresh, tasty and interesting. Plus the place is directly across the street from a major beach access point; the breathtaking view of the Mediterranean is accompanied by great people-watching as beach-goers pass.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Recently stayed here at this hotel, the first time for 4 nights and a week later for one more night. Cant tell you how much I loved it...really, really impressed. We didn't have a room that overlooked the Meditteranean, but I think in hindsight, that was good, as those rooms also overlook the road (traffic noise, and unfortunately ?Israelis have picked up the bad habit of continually blowing their car horns when one person is one second slow at taking off at the lights!).
The room was bright, clean and adequately furnished, housekeeping was good, and, altho not needed, we had clean towels & sheets everyday. Breakfast was delightful, what's not to like about sitting out on the deck eating Israeli breakfast and gazing out over the Meditteranean.....pure bliss.

The hotel staff were always pleasant and friendly and willing to help in any way. I will definitely go back to the Gordon, and altho a little expensive, I think for the location (also a 5 minute walk from Dizengoff) it is worth it.

Room Tip: Altho lovely to have a room overlooking the beach, these rooms also overlook Hayarkon St., a main th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharyny48
Reviewed 27 June 2012

After considering many reviews from different sources on a variety of hotels we decided upon the Gordon Hotel, mainly due to the review it got from *Wallpaper magazine. It was a good choice. We stayed at Gordon for 5 nights in June.

Look if you after big brash chain hotels then the Sheraton and Dan are across the road, so might as well go and book there now. But if like us you prefer designer boutique hotels, then the Gordon is amazing.

On the positive side - Location - perfect, rooms - beautiful, well designed and tasteful. The rooms are maintained adequately. Hotel's vibe is buzzy and lively without being hectic. The hotel is the perfect tel avivian hotel I think directly across from the beach and an easy and enjoyable stroll to the city centre.

On the negative side - In terms of price this hotel is expensive for TLV standards, but then again you are paying for a beach lifestyle when you stay there and how much is watching the sun set from your balcony worth? But for major cities like Sydney where we live it would be considered a reasonable tariff.
Another small gripe was housekeeping – For $USD350 a night I would expect both the bathroom AND the mini bar to be replenished daily. Not when the housekeeper remembered or felt like it.
The major flaw with the hotel was its staff. The staff weren’t rude or bad at their jobs, they were adequate. And that’s a shame, because when you have an amazing location to showcase your amazing hotel and rooms, you want as a guest amazing staff to make your stay an event, rather than a transaction. I just felt that the staff lacked that 5 star international finesse that I would expect from other hotels of its calibre. It was just sloppy no attention to detail. For example, in a hotel with 16 rooms where had just spent the best part of a week, I would expect the staff to know my name everyday. When we checked out the receptionist (who also had checked us in, couldn’t remember our name)

Would I stay again, you bet, gladly. And I will next time we are in TLV, I just hope this time I get the whole experience not just board and lodging.

Room Tip: We booked a sea view room, however were allocated a room on a side street not facing the ocean. Whe...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Dear Mr. Baden,

Thank you for your review. I was happy to learn that your stay was mostly according your expectations.
We, of course, will take your contuctive comments to our attention.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon at the
GORDON hotel & lounge and hope that this time it will be the perfect stay.

Best regards,