“couldn't be better”

The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel
Ranked #12 of 102 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 29 May 2014

we stayed here upon arrival in tel aviv and the hotel allowed us to store a large suitcase while we did a 2 day trip to eilat; returned and stayed again at this hotel since it was so pleasurable the first time. the rooms are large with a small kitchen area that was stocked with complimentary orange juice and a few other items. The staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. the hotel is on a side street off of Rothchild blvd which provides for more quiet yet the proximity to the cafes, restaurants, etc. this is one of the few hotels we stayed at which did not provide breakfast though we went to their sister hotel (the rothchild) and had a wonderful and elegant breakfast there. Our third time in tel aviv was with a group and we stayed at the beach; personally I prefer the location of this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank stevensusan
Write a ReviewReviews (1,880)

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was my third stay at the Diaghilev, and I will return to this hotel when I am next in Israel. The location is great; walkable to all my favorite places in Tel Aviv, and the parking lot is an added bonus. Each room I booked was actually a suite with 2 rooms, and having a kitchenette was a nice extra as was the complimentary wi-fi. The view from the rooms actually included some trees from the neighboring properties, and this is one of the more quiet hotels in the Central Tel Aviv area. It honestly felt more like a small apartment than a hotel - which is a plus in my book.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dnoily
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I reserved the family suite and it was more than enough space for 4 people. Beds are comfortable and they provide vials of samples that we so awesome to enjoy. I wish I could of stayed her longer and didn't have to endure the hotels that had bed bugs during my tour.

Only bad thing is the lady at the front desk recommended me to a restaurant nearby that has a sampling of different kinds of salads because im a vegetarian. So I went and wanted to sample the salad.
Because its a local restaurant and not many tourists go there I guess there was a language barrier because the waitress there swore up and down there is no meat and i ended up eating goose liver. I was in shocked and started to cry. I hate that place! I forgot the name of it.

Room Tip: Keep the windows closed at night because it is extremely noisy
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This has been our second stay and we just love this hotel. The location is wonderful and the staff are amazing. From the welcoming drink to the restaurant recommendations, the convenient parking and the spacious suites, it is a hotel that we will keep coming back to!

Room Tip: We had a room with a balcony the first time and loved it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SonyaShtiglitz
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I spent 6 nights at the Diaghilev Hotel immediately after a 9 day tour staying at big hotels. I had chosen the Diaghilev from Trip Advisor and we were absolutely delighted with our choice. The staff were all SO warm, friendly and helpful and seemed genuinely interested in what we were doing each day and always offered to help before being asked. This was so different from the large impersonal hotels. We were thrilled to find that our room was actually a small apartment with living space and a kitchenette. The location is excellent as it is in a quiet street but an easy walk to all the main thoroughfares. Although breakfast is limited we were very happy with the choice and enjoyed having Backstage (the cafe) as a facility where we could chat with family and friends and enjoy delicious food at the same time. I cannot recommend the Diaghilev highly enough!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maureen L
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This is to summarize a two night stay in the hotel, the night before and after a Friday noon Wedding. The room was very large and convenient for getting organized (hair and makeup for the bride and her family) and was given in the price of a standard room. we saw both and also a "standard" room is actually a suite. Obviously there were some perks (a bottle of sparkling wine O.J etc) but these are expected when a couple gets married. The highlight of our stay was the reception who did everything possible to make our stay as pleasant as possible:some examples: Providing paper cup coffee and extra soap late at night. providing as some extra parking places for the morning of the wedding (they could have easily charged us), allowing us to keep the food we got from the wedding caterers in their fridges even after checkout...etc etc
I think we talked to all the receptionists and they were all great, friendly but not nosey.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Nice hotel, well located for our short stay in Tel Aviv. Staff very helpful and open to any question. She found the answer to our problem with the car, calling several times the auto renter. Very good continental breakfast

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple