“Most accommodating hotel I have come across in a loooong time.”

The Diaghilev, LIVE ART Suites Hotel
Ranked #9 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Most accommodating hotel I have come across in a loooong time.”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I had a great stay at Diaghalev! Among the many wonderful aspects of our stay we were greeted very warmly, parking was next door with reasonable daily rate and in and out privileges, when our daughter came into Tel Aviv one night they allowed her to park free of charge in the lot while we ran to have dinner (parking is really limited in Tel Aviv!), as Hamas was lobbying missiles at the time that reached Tel Aviv, we were given explicit instructions and an information sheet telling us what we should do in the case of a siren warning us to seek shelter, we loved the art in the rooms and throughout the hotel, enjoyed the seating in our living area, I loved the tea assortment in our room, we had a small refrigerator which allowed us to bring cold beverages and leftover food back to our room, the hotel is steps away from Sderot Rothschild which has a lovely wide space for walkers and bicyclists and TONS of restaurants, we were minutes away( walking) from a wonderful free tour that is given every Shabbat morning on Bauhaus Architecture, the hotel has a small lounge with food and drink and outdoor seating, wonderful windows in living area and bedroom, a great shower head, very clean room each day. Best of all was the price for all of this. It is more than difficult to find a quality hotel with a good rate. That it's a boutique hotel only adds to the enjoyment of our stay. Wonderfully warm and helpful employees!

Room Tip: The first time we stayed at The Diaghalev we had a room located on the street (Mazeh) and it was noi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Nonievg

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (346)
  • Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Looking for a superb boutique hotel in Tel Aviv? One with superb service, an artsy atmosphere, and one in the heart of the trendiest city on the Med? Then look no further than the Diaghilev. I'm an Israel veteran and have been going there for years, but normally take a chain hotel. We discovered the Diaghilev hotel by accident, online, and decided to give it a try. My family and I spent the best part of a month there and were simply delighted with every aspect. The one-bedroom suite we had came complete with King bed, basic kitchen, a large living area, balcony, and even very trendy art on the walls. The hotel has maybe 50 rooms, which allows for the staff to personalize the service and the Backstage cafe is just the informal and Middle Eastern kind of cafe you want to relax in after a day of wandering down Rothschild avenue, walking to the beach, to Tel Aviv's renovated port, and always picturesque Jaffa. Anat and her staff made us feel beyond welcome, and were accommodating to our every whim. Great service, superb facilities (fasted wifi I've had ever!), reasonably priced and close to everything you'd want to see, do, or eat in Tel Aviv, the Diaghilev is now our new "home away from home" in Israel - I'd give it six stars if I could!

Room Tip: Call the hotel and chat with the staff - there's a variety of room sizes and styles and they can...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ziffers
Beersheba, Israel
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is in a quiet place and the design is gorgeous , the rooms are very big and spacious .The team in the hotel is paying attention to every guest, the service is wonderful .The breakfest was delicious and the atmosphere of a restaurant in the 60's . The hotel located near to Rothschild street .It was a wonderful experience and we are waitang to come back to the hotel .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed at Diaghilev for 2 nights last month.

We booked it based on our reviews and it was very nice, although we felt it has been overhyped somewhat. But we felt safe and comfortable in this area which was the most important thing for us.

The aparthotel room was pleasant enough with artwork on display. It was a pain having to go to the ironing station downstairs to use a knackered iron and board, one time the iron had disappeared which was not good as we were about to go out. The bed and sheets were poor quality, felt like polyester and carpet was stained. Mineral water was available throughout which was good as was a supply of milk and selection of tea and coffee in the room.

We were forced to book a room for an extra night because our flight arrived in the morning and we wanted to check in when we arrived, most worldwide hotels would have accommodated us.

The hotel is situated on what appears to be a residential street, the taxi drivers found it hard to find. It is around the corner from Rothschild with its small selection of bars and restaurants. It is a long trek to Old Jaffa and the beautiful beaches Tel Aviv has to offer.

We booked our private tour from another hotel as we were out near Old Jaffa away from Diaghilev and it was easy to do a day around Bethlehem and Jerusalem with our guide. A truly amazing experience all round.

Everyone in this part of the world was really friendly.

Diaghilev was nice and served its purpose.

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Great hospitality, the staff is just great.
The suite was very pleasant - big enough to accommodate a family.
good recommendation of the staff for restaurants and things to do and see near by.
For sure we will return to this one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 July 2014

You will not find the level of AUTHENTIC caring you will find at the Diaghilev anywhere else in Israel. The Diaghilev is a rare find. You will be treated like family and your concerns and needs will be taken on board by the staff as though it is their mission to have you fall in love with their hotel and their country--and fall in love with their hotel and their country I did. I fell hard. You can find hotels with more glitz, but you would be hard-pressed to find service at this level of excellence--even at a hotel at twice the price. Don't make the mistake of staying at the overly touristic hotels on the beach, the Diaghilev is the real deal and situated in a serene, idyllic residential neighborhood only steps away from the more lively Rothschild Boulevard, where you stroll down a treed center island, dotted with cafes and food kiosks galore, offering mouth-watering meals, with musicians playing. The district in which the Diaghilev is located is sort of Israel's answer to New York's Greenwich Village and a little bit Paris, where there are friendly bars of every stripe and color where you can mingle with the locals instead of other tourists for a true Tel Aviv experience till the wee hours of the morning. I went to Israel alone as I could not find anyone to go with. I arrived at the Diaghilev Hotel unsure if I made the right choice, so many people said stay at the beachfront hotels. I was also traveling alone for the first time in my life and I worried I would feel alone in Israel. Miriam, one of the many warm and gracious front desk staff members, upon hearing I was traveling alone, called her husband and said, "Eddie you're having dinner with one of our hotel guests who is traveling alone." Her husband took me to the ancient port of Jaffa, where we ate at the Old Man and the Sea restaurant by the water for one of the best meals I ever had. They set down some 30 tasting dishes in front of us, and each was better than the next (definitely go for the kabobs). Miriam looked after me as though she were my long lost sister. When I had a banking problem, she helped solve it. When I sustained a foot injury, she got me to the best medical help. She helped me find my way around Israel as though she was my personal guide. Her every recommendation was beyond reproach. She made me feel as though I was a dignitary visiting her country. Sivan, another one of the most warm and kind front desk staff, helped me network and meet new friends in Israel. She always had time for me. I was never a bother. Both Tomer and Dana (a total sweetheart working in the hotel's bar and restaurant), cheerfully took on my every special request and made me generously made sandwiches and salads. (Try the feta cheese at the hotel restaurant, it's so different from American feta cheese, it's not as tart, it's softer, and it's delectable). All the wines and beers at the bar were superb. The bar has an outside sitting area that is designed in a way to encourage guests to befriend one another. I made so many friends on that little patio outside the bar, including a long-stay resident named Tzipi, nickname Zizi, who became like my mother in Israel. Lior at the bar, a former medic in the military, cleaned and bandaged my foot injury, sustained on a tour in an ancient site, with such skill that the hospital who later did surgery on me, asked me, seeing the job Lior did, if I'd already been to a hospital before coming to them. Lior's sister invited me to her photo studio. Karin, an opera singer who works at the hotel, hugged me tight on my departure. Raz, who often worked the graveyard shift, such an amazingly endearing young woman, was always up for a late night chat when the front desk was not busy and I was craving good company. I was no trouble to anyone, I was a welcomed friend from abroad to everyone working at the Diaghilev. Lior and Teddy, also on the front desk staff, made arrangements for me beyond my wildest imagination. They always phoned me to reconfirm any arrangement they'd made for me was done correctly. During air raids that happened during my stay, the staff whisked us all into bomb shelters in an orderly calm way. Because of the calm of the staff and because of their level of caring and concern, I never felt unsafe. Because of the staff at the Diaghilev, I always felt well-protected to the extent that even during bomb raids, I felt completely at peace and would not hesitate returning even if there were difficulties in Israel. Anat, the very beautiful and always smiling owner of the hotel, is to be highly commended. She so clearly strives to staff her hotel, not just with good people, but with extraordinary people, people you feel lucky to have met, people who will make your stay in Israel a magical experience as mine was. I didn't know whether or not to stay in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv before traveling to Israel. Having stayed in Tel Aviv at the Diaghilev, I would recommend staying in Tel Aviv and doing day tours to Jerusalem, to the West Coast, to the Golan Heights, and Dead Sea. The night life around the Diaghilev, the staff at the Diaghilev, make staying in Tel Aviv, at the Diaghilev, the obvious choice. I just felt to terrifically cared for, like never before in any hotel I've stayed at, anywhere in the world. I had a tearful goodbye with Miriam from the front desk, for I had the journey of a lifetime, like the kind your read about in novels, staying at the Diaghilev--thanks to her and to everyone at the Diaghilev who looked after me like I was family. I received an e-mail from the front desk after my departure. They wrote to tell me Tzipi wanted to know if I'd already made a reservation to come back. Don't worry Tzipi, I'll be back to the Diaghilev. How can I not come back?! If I am to be honest, I don't want anyone else to know about this hotel for fear it will be hard to get a room in future, but being a member of the TripAdvisor community, it is my responsibility to share the Diaghilev with you. I am sad to be away from it. (Notes: the A/C in the room was not noisy and powerful enough to keep cold cuts fresh; fridge in every room; bed sheets are towels are now white instead of black, which I preferred; bath products were top shelf; local calls from the room are less expensive than using a cell, just dial a 9 to get out; wifi is strong and free throughout; Backstage Restaurant and Bar in the hotel is open from 730am-11pm and has a full menu if you feel like staying holed up in the hotel (the chocolate croissants were yummy); my room was cleaned always sooner than I expected and done perfectly; bring plenty of Shekels with you, cash is required more often than in the U.S. If you need to buy shekels with a credit card, go straight to nearby Bank Leumi, the most accommodating hassle-free bank for foreign travelers, don't waste your time at the post offices or at other banks as I did. Most of the restaurants along Rothschild are open past midnight for a full course meal; highly recommend nearby Orna and Ella restaurant for their vegetable-feta salad, their Moroccan fish cakes, yam pancakes, and Cauliflower siniya; other selling point to hotel is the changing art in the lobby and in the rooms, it's like staying at a modern art museum; conference meeting space is available as well as computer work stations; great hotel for meetings and visits with friends--very intimate and serene; Miriam's husband is probably not available to all for dinner, I was lucky).

Room Tip: Get a balcony room definitely. Go to nearby Jaffa and eat at the Man and the Sea Restaurant for the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Hgood1
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I just returned to the US from Israel a week early because of the dangerous war that broke out between Israel and gaza. I had to cancel my reservation at the last minute and ultimately was charged for the full stay. Other hotels in tel aviv were gracious and understanding and granted full refunds no questions asked. The best this place would do was offer me a credit good for 6 months. Let's see, if the war ends by then how likely would you be to book with this hotel? Booking.com was powerless to help. Shame on you Diaghilev.

Stayed July 2014