Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Arlozorov Hotel(Tel Aviv)
1,765 results
All reviewshappy hourfree massagespa roomrooftop deckhilton beachsuperior roomshakshukabeach bagsitting areahome away from homesnacks and drinksbusy streetevery eveningexcellent breakfastrooms are smallisraeli breakfastthe location is perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Ah, Israel, a land of hats.... lots of hats, different types of hats... yarmulkes, bowler hats, black top hats ( no Stetsons however), baseball caps and yes, even one that looked like a round beaver hat!
Also, beards... scruffy, long, goatees, full, etc. By the way, did I mention hats... and that you have to put them on in some places and take them off .... Really complicated at times, you spend a good bit of teffort with the hats on, hats off (compliments to Mr. Myagi).

Also, if you want to eat dinner at breakfast, go to Israel ( or Europe in General for that matter)... please see other reviews of this timeframe about the food.

But, I digress. A true gem of this trip has been this hotel, which I shall abbreviate as TSAR (NO not that Tzar....). Again, by following the general advice and ratings of this esteemed web site, I have lucked out! My trip started here, greeted by the always affable Ari, the main reception manager. Also, do not miss out on the other staff, two very pretty ladies, Daisy ( love the name) and Celine ( also as I was reminded like Dion).

Avi was there during weekdays as we'll as the two lovely ladies off for Shabbat,though replaced by the equally lovely Alejandra ( from Argentina). I have decided, btw, that Israel has some of the most beautiful women in the world!

But, once again, I digress. Ari et al. we're always on the spot, helpful and friendly, even willing to teach me some Hebrew, which of course I frequently fractured :). The hotel is very clean. Th room I had was very quiet, given the location right across from the northern beaches of Tel Aviv and the subsequent traffic noise. Tip: don't go for the beach. View, get the garden room. They also have a very nice rooftop relaxation area and offer massages there, aaahhhh, you even get a free 15 min. massage for staying there! Agin, following the "dinner for breakfast" rule, they had a surprisingly good feast in the AM.... I myself am partial to muslix when I travel outside the US. A limited free Happyhour is offered from 5-7 PM except on Shabbat (for those unaccustomed, it's like the Jewish Sunday on Friday and Saturdays). The staff was always accommodating, arranging several excursions for me during my stay.

I give this boutique hotel my highest recommendation. Shalom y'all!

Room Tip: See above comments....
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear mzed12007,
Thank you for your extensive review of the Shalom Hotel & Relax. We are delighted you felt so welcomed by our tireless staff members. We thank you for your kind compliments to our manager and front desk staff. We are also glad you enjoyed your room as well as our other complimentary amenities such as our breakfast and Happy Hour assortments. We thank you for your tips to future hotel guests and look forward to your next visit with us in Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

We just returned from 2 weeks in Israel and Shalom Hotel and Relax was our first stop. This boutique hotel is a win! The rooms are delightfully tranquil yet crisp in blue and white, ours had a step up to a sitting area with a wood deck floor. It was very comfortable with a good mattress. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the roof garden patio is an extra bonus. We didn't make happy hour, but we relaxed up on the roof later. We stayed in room 109 and were worried at first about the street noise. We discovered the sliding door had come off its tracks so it wasn't sound tight. It was fixed immediately on request and the room was fine. Breakfast was excellent and abundant with eggs to order and a large buffet. Great!

Room Tip: On a busy street, but we didn't have a problem with the first floor.
1  Thank jill305
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Sins a few years we always stay at the Shalom Hotel in Tel Aviv when visiting this city.
This is a small boutique hotel with unbelievable friendly staff (this time there was a new Italian girl Desi. She was so friendly that I wanted to take her back home for our son :-).
The breakfast is great.Iif you want to visit town you can borrow a bike and they also have a great tarras on the top of the building.
Great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Shalom Hotel & Relax Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Dear firmamicha,
Thank you for reviewing the Shalom Hotel & Relax, and for your continued loyalty to our hotel. We are happy you feel so at home and welcomed by our staff members while staying with us. We are glad you enjoy our complimentary breakfasts and available bicycles to tour around the city. We are also pleased you enjoyed our rooftop terrace. We look forward to your next visit with us in Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is a very charming and comfortable boutique hotel. We were upgraded to a suite! Super comfortable and spacious! Over-the-top breakfasts and happy hours. The rooftop lounge is a definite plus. I took advantage of the free 15 minute massage with Anna. An amazing experience. My husband and I stayed here after a two week tour of Israel. We were looking for a place near the beach to relax and wind down before going back to NY. Excellent choice. Close to the sea promenade and beach. Great restaurants on the promenade and close by on Ben Yehuda Street. Staff was very helpful.

Dear Beverly B,
Thank you for your kind review of the Shalom Hotel & Relax. We are delighted you felt so comfortable and welcomed while staying with us. We appreciate your compliments of our varied breakfast and Happy Hour options as well as our other complimentary amenities such as the 15 minute rooftop massage. We are happy you enjoyed our close proximity to both the sea and boardwalk shops and restaurants. We look forward to your next stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

This is a hotel you like to go back to. Great design; excellent, experienced and friendly staff, good location to explore Tel Aviv by bicycle (free rent from hotel) or by foot, happy hours are simply great. Beds are comfortable. Some rooms are very small, and the rooms to the front noisy (traffic), but with nice view. Rooms in the back are quiet. Some good fish restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet