“Great Boutique Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
New York City, New York
“Great Boutique Hotel”
Reviewed 11 April 2011

It was my first time in TLV, my agent reserved this Hotel for me so I had no idea what to expect, but I have to say I was not disappointed, the rooms are nice, I loved the decoration and the Spa is beautiful, the service has a bit to improve but I can not complaint as I was treated very well. I would definitely come back to this hotel if I have the chance to visit TLV again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
BrownTLV, Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Dear aaamccor,

Thank you for your kind feedback!

We are happy to hear that we met your expectations, and that you liked the design of the hotel and our Spa Suite.

It would be our honour and pleasure to host you again amongst our guests on your next trip to Tel Aviv.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Hebrew first
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed 10 April 2011

The Brown is a new boutique hotel in Tel Aviv. They even had a party one night when I was there which was well attended and lots of fun. The design is clean and crisp, the staff is polite, attractive and sophisticated. The room I had was small as it was made for one person but perfect in design and I was very comfortable for the week I was there. The best thing about the hotel is that it offers an alternative to the big chain hotels that line the promenade and offer a more urban experience. the location is perfect for exploring the city or just grabbing a bite to eat or a coffee. Still, it is only a ten minute walk to the promenade for those who want to be near to the beach. The price was impossible to beat as well. not sure if it was introductory but regardless, I felt as if I had scored a huge bargain. I can honestly say the week was perfect.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
Dear wabitop,

It is a pleasure to receive your feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive urban experience at the Brown TLV!

We are looking forward to seeing you again!
il
Reviewed 7 April 2011

I expected much more from a boutique hotel. The room is so small with a glass bahroom that allows no privacy. The lobby is nice, but breakfast (at a restaurant near the hotel) was also quite poor.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Porata,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We are both surprised and disappointed that we didn't meet your expectations. We have several room categories ranging in size, and while it is true that our Classic rooms are not very large, they are comfortable for a couple, and have all the amenities that you'd expect from a hotel.
In addition, we do have rooms with completely separate bathrooms. Had you expressed your discomfort, we would have gladly accommodated you in a different room.

As for breakfast, our intention is to offer our guests to start their urban experience of Tel Aviv just like a local, and to enjoy different cafes and restaurants, each with its own unique atmosphere and variety of great food.
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I stayed at the Brown TLV for one night, my last night before flying out the next afternoon. The location of the hotel is good and the general flair of the hotel is very nice. True, the rooms are not huge, but the decor makes the space seem bigger than it actually is, which is a nice touch. I would have no doubts in recommending this hotel for your next trip in the area were it not for a problem I encountered during my stay. As the bathroom is separated from the bedroom by a glass partition and as the air circulates freely between the shower area and the bedroom, it is important to have a good ventilation system in the room to avoid the humidity of the shower lingering in the air for a long time. This is unfortunately what happened in my room. Despite I had the a/c on all night, and air was coming out of the vents, the room stayed uncomfortably warm and the humidity from the shower stayed in the room the whole night making it feel like sleeping in a steam bath. Needless to say I didn't sleep much that night, and definitely not very well.
Probably (I hope) it's not a general issue for all rooms and had I stayed another night I would have asked to change room. I will keep the hotel in mind if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank semantic_nets
browntlv, Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 13 April 2011
Dear Semantic_Nets,

We appreciate your taking the time to make us aware of this issue. Our
first priority is our guests' comfort and satisfaction, and your feedback
enables us to better serve our future guests.

We are currently looking into this matter, and please be assured that had we
known about this glitch we would have rectified it sooner and of course,
offered you a different room.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay, and would love the
opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in Tel Aviv.
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 12 March 2011

The hotel design is modern and so is the design of the room. One of the walls at the lobby is designed as a modern bookcase, where you can borrow a book and read at your room - very nice idea, although most of the books are in Hebrew.
The staff is very helpful and they were ready to fulfill our requests.
Our room was very nice, we had a large and comfortable bed and a jacuzzi at the bathroom.
The hotel is located in a relatively quiet street, but it is few minutes distance to some popular places.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Fabulous boutique hotel that was designed with a great attention to details!
We ordered a small room for the first day and a larger room for the second day. The rooms were very chic and although the small room didn't have a tub and was smaller it was still worth every cent like the large one! The ambience was very much "Tel Avivian" and its location is great! Close to the real city and attraction (a great way to know the real city).
The staff was very helpful and kind and the massage therapy we ordered was one of the best I ever got!
Thank you!