“Best boutique hotel experience ever !! Bar none”

Brown TLV Urban Hotel
Ranked #18 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Miami Beach, Florida
“Best boutique hotel experience ever !! Bar none”
Reviewed 2 August 2012

Centrally situated in the hippest area of Tel Aviv this hidden gem of a hotel served as my home base for ten days. And I felt like a king in my home and not like a guest at a hotel. I cannot praise the hotel enough. Tens all around for design, atmosphere, amenities, spa, rooftop bar, and quality of room. What makes Brown TLV stand out are the little touches that leave a big impression. Outstanding staff that take an interest in their guests on a personal level. Breakfast included at nearby trendy cafes ( instead of the run of the mill hotel breakfast buffet). WIFI , 24 HrTea/coffee service in lobby, Cava flowing, The list goes on... I selflessly write this review as there are only 30 rooms at hand and I fear the next time I try and book (and there will definately be a next time) they will be completely sold out.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Razcito,

Thank you for your review and for you unselfishness sharing your experience in our hotel ;-).

I am happy you felt comfortable in our hotel. We indeed wish to be more than a regular hotel and provide a very intimate-personal experience to all our guests. your words make us extremely pleased as they mean that we have managed to do just that.

We will be happy to have you back in the hotel.

Brown TLV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Hebrew first
London
Reviewed 2 August 2012

I stayed for 3 nights in July for a beach holiday on a solo basis on my first time to Tel Aviv.

Booked Brown TLV based on its location, boutique feel and value for money and from the moment I walked in the door it was the best hotel choice I have made in many years. Even though I arrived late at night the receptionist gave me a warm welcome including a glass of champagne, pointed out hot spots on a map, showed me to my room and the amazing roof terrace.

Rooms are petite but are perfectly designed with amazing showers, great toiletries and an excellent selection of TV channels including english speaking. Welcome chocolates and bottle of wine are a nice touch.

The roof terrace is fantastic to relax around and watch the sunshine with a glass of champagne. Reception is nice with all day coffee and chocolates

Walking distance to a variety of excellent restaurants including the breakfast choices

Booked me a taxi to take me back to the airport in a clean beautiful car with an extremely friendly and knowledgable driver who charges the same as the crummy standard ones.

The staff make this place who are constantly smiling and welcoming.

Already planning my next trip back, I don't know why anyone would stay in the soul less old big hotel chains near the beach with this type of establishment operating nearby

Room Tip: I didn't use them but apparently the hotel offers complimentary bicycle use which would be an am...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Dear BDOnline,

Thank you for your great review and for choosing to stay with us.

We were very pleased to hear you were content with our staff. They love assisting our guests, as they know that their vacation consists of everything they experience during their stay. Including, having a safe, comfortable transportation.

Thank you for your kind words about our rooms, amenities and breakfast choices. Also, for for your tip regarding the bicycles. It is by far the best way to explore the city. And you can take them for a ride on your next visit.

We look forward to see you back at the Brown TLV.

Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Just left Tel Aviv few hours ago and couldn't wait to share with the world my great impressions of this Superb hotel in Tel Aviv, in the middle of hype quarter like Neve Tzedek and Nahalat Binyamin. And, if you think...oh no, hotel is not at the beach..it is only 5 minutes walk and trust me, it is more than worth it to stay there. Spent there 2,5 weeks and felt like at home.
I will not rumble around how hotel is great, rooftop amazing, cocktails impressive, etc etc
I want first of all to say ...cheers to Rebecca and all hotel staff...Dor, Orlie, Jonnekke and others whose names I forgot (age thing you know ;) ) and specially Dani whose recommendation for trip to Jerusalem was more than excellent.
If you want to spend your weekend exploring Israel just ask at the reception and they will make your dream comes true...
And, I read a lot about "how small rooms are"....why are you in your rooms in city that lives 24hours a day...and just to make a justice to reality...hotel rooms are not small.
So, i have to go and take my connecting flight...but, already missing you.
Greetings from Munich airport somewhere between dream (Tel Aviv) and reality!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Jasmina_Horvatic,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. There is no higher compliment than to hear that you felt at home with us and had a great experience.

Our front desk and concierge team was truly happy to read that their advices and recommendation were useful to you. They are indeed an amazing team. They are very knowledgeable, do their outmost to assist and take joy in helping plan our guests' vacation (they are strange that way ;-). We are extremely proud of them.

We appreciate all your kind words about our hotel and could not agree with you more about Tel Aviv being a 24/7 city that must be explored.

We hope you had a safe flight and hope to welcome you back again in the near future.

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 10 July 2012

For me, the hotel usually plays little role in my enjoyment of I city when I travel. it is usually the place I dump my stuff and sleep, while spending the majority of my time out and about. This was defintiely not the case durng my recent stay at Brown TLV. Not only was my room comfortable, but the staff was amazingly friendly, helpful and accomodating- the perfect example of superior customer service. The hotel- room, welcoming lobby, accessible business center, staff and amenities- was truly a highlight of my stay in Tel Aviv.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2012
Dear Daniel R,

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Tel Aviv and even more so, that the hotel played a big part in this.
As an urban hotel, we wish to embrace the cool vibe of Tel Aviv and want our guests to keep experiencing the relaxed side of the city even while hanging out indoors. I am glad to hear that you felt at home with us and were able to enjoy our various facilities.

Our front desk and concierge staff are always happy to assist and love to share their knowledge and passion of the city. They were exited to read that their assistance and recommendations helped shape your vacation.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to see you back soon.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I really can't say anything negative about the Brown TLV! It is a great little boutique hotel on a residential street, not far from the beach promenade. Some wonderful restaurants and cafes are right around the corner, and Jaffa is about a 30 minute walk. The lobby is very welcoming, and I loved the contemporary '70s vibe they've created. The front desk staff were all very pleasant and helpful, and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable and had anything and everything I could need. I was traveling solo and my room was a tight fit, but everything in the room (spotless black marble bathroom, clean linens, super comfortable bed, complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates, flat screen tv, air conditioning, huge windows) made my stay all the more enjoyable. If you want to get out of your room, the rooftop offered unbeatable views of the city, the Living Room was comfortable, and the terrace area off of the front desk are all good alternative options for spending your time. If you are going to breakfast at the Cafe Birenbaum, make sure to go early. I made the mistake of going around 11 and the place was jam-packed. I ended up at the Rothschild Cafe across the street (on the corner), and was able to get a great Israeli breakfast there. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed my short visit at the Brown, and cannot wait to return on my next visit to Tel Aviv!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear chi_travelgirl99,

It is a real pleasure to hear (read) that you enjoyed your stay with us.

The hotel lobby, roof top and patio are meant to be used by our guests freely as their living area. We are happy that you enjoyed them and connected with the hotel's retro vibe.

From the room amenities to our breakfast options we offer, everything we do is to make sure our guests feel more than at home with us. It makes us extremely happy to hear that you noticed all the small details and even more that you got to see the cool city of Tel Aviv the way we see it.

We look forward welcoming you back,

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

enjoyed our 3 day trip back in israel tel a viv, this time in a beautifully located modern design hotel!!! loved the ambiance & it's compination of modern touch with vintage furnitures, giving a spectacular relaxation !!! service fantastic and amazing design in rooms with black touch and dark brown wood.... the top roof outdoor lounge bar as well as the exterior ground floor lounge are giving an american way of living and relaxation.... really fantastic hotel to stay in tel a viv and close to shabazi best shopping area as well as the best restaurants and cool places of nightlife in sleepless city of israel!!!!

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Kikola12

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Brown TLV.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that loved our unique design.
You captured perfectly, in your review, the hotels style and ambiance.

As a design lover, I am happy that you check out our roof top bar which overlooks the city and is a direct extension to the hotel's relaxed, warm style.

We look forward seeing you back soon. Hopefully for longer, as we still have plenty of recommendations for the newest hottest places in town.

With warm regards,

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Chic hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. Complimentary services (such as free wifi, a bottle of cava on arrival, free coffee/ tea and biscuits in the lobby, bicycle rental, beach towels) are a plus. The lobby Breakfast is served in 3 cafés, in one café until 4 p.m. The room (Relax size) was clean and of sufficient size as the lobby (unlike other hotels) was welcoming and offering space to read, just relax or chat.

The location of the hotel is great (ten minute walk to the beaches, less than five minutes to Rothschild Blvd.). However the noise from two construction sites in proximity to the hotel was a bit annoying during the day. We also found room temperatures in the lobby pretty chilly due to air conditioning.

Overall we enjoyed our stay of four nights very much.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear M Ben G

Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. It was great to hear you appreciated all of the complimentary benefits we offer such as cava, wi-fi, bicycles, cakes, chocolates, etc. Furthermore we were glad to hear that you enjoyed the level of service we provide.

In regards to the noise from the building works outside the hotel; unfortunately they are in their last faze of the construction where heavy machinery is used. This week the noise disruption will end. We apologize for any inconvenience

I thank you once again for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Brown TLV.

With warm regards