“Cool hotel, great staff, wonderful location”

Brown TLV Urban Hotel
Ranked #18 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Chicago, Illinois
“Cool hotel, great staff, wonderful location”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

When the taxi driver stopped where he thought the Brown TLV Hotel was, he was close, but confused. Where he thought the Brown was, it wasn't. But when I looked nearby, I saw one brown building amid a host of near-white buildings. I told him, I bet that's it. Sure enough, it was. I was immediately stuck by the stylish interior with a 20-foot high bookshelf and comfortable lobby. The small registration area is efficient, and the Welcome glass of champagne certainly was surprising and appreciated. The Brown TLV is a short walk to the beach, and I easily ventured by foot another day to Jaffa. The property is in a prime location, on a quiet street, not far from the Carmel Market and Neve Tzedek. The room is stylish and modern. I'll admit, I've never seen a hotel make the color brown look so cool, so trendy. Room is clean, a bit small, with wooden floors, and a trendy bathroom/shower that is more like you'd have at home as opposed to a standard 4-star hotel. Appreciate the 2 complimentary bottles of Evian Water in the room and, naturally, a box of chocolate! Kudos to the staff -- friendly, helpful and professional. (English and Hebrew). I went with Lulu's Kitchen for breakfast, which is about a 5-minute walk from the Brown, and was very pleased. Good eggs, while others praised the yogurt-granola offering. The outside/covered bar at the Brown was great, comfortable and relaxing. Kudos to bartender Paz for exceptional service and a how-can-I-help attitude. Very impressed with the Brown TLV -- check it out; you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Rossco814
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear Rossco814,

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for taking the time to write about your experience while staying at the Brown TLV.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and even more to hear that we left such a great impression on you.

We are glad that you connected with the spirit of the hotel and appreciated all the small touches and twists that make our hotel, urban, fresh and warm.
We truly appreciate your kind words about our staff who are the soul of the hotel and do their best to provide our guests the best experience and service possible.

Thank you again for sharing your impression of us.

You are now a trusted friend of the Brown TLV and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

with kind regards,

Brown TLV

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Hebrew first
Tel-Aviv
Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Charming Hotel, free Wi-Fi, a TV with HD channels plus it is a Smart TV which displays information on arrivals / departures and other cool stuff like http://www.boston.com/bigpicture blog :) & more...
It should be noted that the daily parking costs 35 NIS and the parking is very small, about 6 places in total.
Also breakfast is not served at the hotel but at a number of restaurants in the area.
We chose tazza-d'oro restaurant in the nearby Neve Tzedek neighborhood.
Although there is a bar serving snacks and drinks in the lobby & at summer time you can enjoy a rooftop bar.

• Stayed January 2013
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear Haimb,

Thank you for your very kind review.

We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and were impressed by our technological services. As we are an Urban Hotel, it is our job to offer our guests modern and smart facilities. Our smart TV's are indeed very cool and helpful and the Wi-Fi is, in our eyes, an important and basic service that we are happy to provide our guests free of charge.

As you rightly pointed out, we offer our breakfasts in 3 nearby cafes. Each one, with a different style and offers our guests the opportunity to experience the bohemian side of Tel Aviv.

Thank you again for posting your impression of our hotel.

We hope to see you back soon for the re-opening of our roof top bar.

Tel Aviv
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed here over a weekend and was really impressed with many things... First, the location is fantastic, especially if you want to explore Neve Tzedek and South Tel Aviv. Second, the design of the hotel is very cool... retro, stylish, luxurious, with very high attention to detail. The room was small but had everything we needed.

The hotel bar was also a nice place to spend some time, and we had a couple's massage which was very good indeed.

Just don't expect room service, and breakfast is at any of three local coffee shops in the area within a few minutes walk.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tal1976
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Tal 1976,

Thank you for your lovely review.

It was very nice to hear that you were impressed by our location and design and noticed all the small details of our décor.

We are happy that you enjoyed our Garden Lounge which is indeed a great place to spend some time and relax and had the chance to experience our pampering spa.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your impression of the hotel and hope to welcome you back soon to the hotel.

With kind Regards,

Haifa, Israel
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Located in quiet street, not far from Carmael Bazar and Jaffa.
The rooms are clean but very small. For breakfast we shuld go to coffee sho, 500 meters from the hotel. The hitel is very clean and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2013
Shlomo_12,

Thank you for your kind review.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful location, minutes' walk away from Neve Tzedek, Nachalat Binyamin and Rothshild boulevard.

Our rooms are indeed urban in size but well-appointed and as you rightly pointed out, we have very high cleanliness standarts.
Please note that we also have larger rooms which we will be happy to reserve for you on your next stay.

We look forward welcoming you back to the Brown TLV.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Arrived late night, check in was effective and receptionist personally showed me my room. Room is not that big but sufficient. There are complementary bottle of Israeli wine, two bottles of still water and chocolate. Cava is always available at the reception. The bed provided good sleeping quality. Bathroom was little dark and it was not convenient to shave due to lack of light. The shower could be better cleaned after the previous guests.
There is very nice coffee area on the back yard. It is convenient for business meetings. Wifi is complementary and sufficient for Skype.
At the day I was leaving there was bikini show that added an additional joy to the stay. Will recommend this hotel to my friends and will stay in the place next time.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear MagusRU,

Thank you for your lovely review.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and felt you can wholeheartedly recommend us to your friends.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our different pampering welcome gifts and felt the hotel was convenient for meetings.

Please note that your comment about your shower has been seriously taken to our attention and will be handled accordingly.

We thank you again for taking the time to post your review and very much look forward to your next visit at the Brown TLV.

Guest relations manager
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic boutique hotel. From the second I walked in the staff was ready to help with everything.

The lobby is very cool. Check-in is at a little desk where I had an actual conversation with the young lady checking me in. It was more like visiting with a friend after a very long flight from the states.

My room was small but decorated very trendy. The sheets and pillows were a dream. My balcony did not overlook much, but it was great to have the door open in the evening.

A bottle of wine and chocolates were waiting on my bed. After throwing down my bag I headed to their new terrace bar. Again great staff and just what I needed to relax.

The next morning, I went for a run on the beach, which is about two blocks away. This hotel is in a great location. While I was running, the morning staff kindly charged my iPhone. Speaking of my iPhone, the wifi at the Brown TLV is fast. I never had any problems with my phone or iPad connecting. I even carried on a video chat with a colleague back in the states.

After my run, I enjoyed morning coffee at the terrace bar. Great way to start the day.

Again the morning staff was terrific. Instead of an on-site restaurant they recommend three near by choices. I picked a delicious corner cafe.

My one regret is that I only stayed one night as I was meeting friends in Jerusalem. But even then, the staff at the front desk were extremely helpful in getting me on the right track to Jerusalem.

I hope to return soon to Tel Aviv and will be staying at the Brown TLV. The staff is phenomenal!

I highly recommend this fine boutique hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2013
Dear Cortesokc,

Thank you for your lovely review and for taking the time to share the experience of your stay with us.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and are glad to hear that although your stay with us was a short one, we made an impression and gained a new friend.

We love pampering our guests and providing them with the best quality products. Thank you for noticing all the small touches.

We appreciate you kind words about our staff, who are the heart and soul of the hotel. We are very proud of them.

We look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed for a long weekend at this very good boutique hotel in Tel Aviv. It was a great experience and I would recommend it anytime!
Reception: You sit down and get a glass of Cava while checking in. The staff is very service-minded and will answer any question and help you with your wishes. They helped us to get a table at a fully booked restaurant we wanted to visit. Everyone we met had the same mindset, but Sue was special!
Rooms: We had a classic and it was not very big... but the decoration and the nice bed made up for it! And to be honest, when in Tel Aviv you do not spend that much time in the room.
Bath: Great waterfall shower and good size. Nice amenities from the Dead Sea.
Lobby and ground floor bar: Nice and homey. Especially the terrace is great with different kinds of chairs and tables. Good for a coffee or a drink in between.
Breakfast: Brown has a different approach. Instead of having a breakfast room they give you the choice of three different nearby cafes to choose from. We tried all and they are all very nice, but we liked the Birenbaum best. Good israeli breakfast served by the two wonderful ladies who have been running the establishment since 1962.
Internet: Good speed and free (btw there is free internet in most restaurants in Tel Aviv)
Loyalty programme: For every time you come back they will give a bigger discount.
Coming back: Definitely!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
ManagementBrownTLV, Guest Relations Manager at Brown TLV Urban Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
Dear Travellerwithstyle,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

We are very glad to hear that you had a great experience staying with us and felt our staff was helpful and service-minded.

We couldn't agree more with you comment about Tel Aviv not being a place to stay in your room. It is an amazing city that keeps changing and developing and you can always find a great new place that you never saw before.

We are glad that you appreciated our design, breakfast places, bathrooms and amenities.

As you rightly pointed out, we appreciate our returning guests and hope to count you among them very soon.

Guest Relations manager