“Quiet, nice hotel, great location”

West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv
Ranked #48 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Quiet, nice hotel, great location”
Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed for one night. The room is very nicely decorated , the bath is small... A bottle of cold wine was waiting and from the porch we had a good view of the sea. We didn't noticed many guest's and enjoyed our visit very much.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Esty R
Anat A, Manager at West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for such a flattering review; every aspect of your stay is important to us, from the room decoration and view to the service you receive from our staff. Thank you for taking your time and letting us know that these efforts were recognized, it means the world to us.

I would be happy to know in advance about your next visit at the West Hotel Tel Aviv, in order to take care personally of your reservation. Please feel free to contact me.

Anat Azulay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 4 September 2013

stayed three days with the family and grandchilderns. nice suits, see view, good breakfast,neer city and you need a car to move, internet not free & room maintanance is low,............................................................................................................

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Meir R
Anat A, General Manager at West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback from your stay at our hotel, and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

Please be assured that all your comments have been forwarded to the relevant department managers and are being taking care.

London. UK
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed for three nights, compared to the cost of a room along the strip in TA ($400-$600 a night) this was a bargain at $200 a night. Had a great suite with a sea view, 2 terraces, a kitchenette, lounge and well appointed bathroom. More than enough wardrobe and drawer space. The hotel is a mix of hotel and holiday rentals, so there was a bit too many kids around the pool, but that was my fault for staying in August, next time I will stay out of school holiday season. The hotel is right on the beach but you have to walk round the block on the road to reach it and pay 8 nis (refundable) to get there, it would be much better to have direct and free access. There is a fantastic breakfast buffet and a poolside cafe for sandwiches and burgers, salads etc, a couple of great (but pricey) restaurants next door at Sea & Sun and two really cool cafes on the beach. There is a bus stop outside with a regular service to a nearby (Ramat Aviv) Mall but it doesn't go to central Tel Aviv, which is a shame. I also found the staff to be charming and only too willing to go out of their way to help.

All in all a great place to stay and I will definitely be returning.

All in all a great place to stay, would definitely return

Room Tip: I believe that there aren't any sea view rooms at the front of e hotel (they are all "owned...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MillHillNick
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your review on TripAdvisor.
We are always excited to hear of any guests delight and more happy to know that our service meet your expectations. Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest experience at all times.

We will be looking forward to have the pleasure to welcome you again in the future.
Please feel free to contact me. My mail address is: anat.azulay@tamareshotels.co.il

Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Overall a very nice place with nice pool and good breakfast. Rooms are also very nice.
Level of maintainance is not very high and the cost of every additional thing is horrible.
Internet is over priced and so is every type of food and drink in the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Avital H
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your constructive feedback from your last stay at our hotel, and for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

Guest satisfaction is our primary concern and I hope your overall stay meets your expectations.

Espergaerde, Denmark
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We booked this supposedly boutique 5 star hotel online and expected a great experience - paid $500+ per night. Arrived late and no one showed for work that night in the reception so the
security guy was behind the counter. He had no clue and could not find our reservation.

The hotel is probably a transformed apartment building. It lacks quality and looks like it has been empty for a while before it was turned into a hotel. You share the elevators with the cleaning carts. The area around the hotel is a building zone with no charm what-so-ever. It is NOT in Tel Aviv and you can not walk to anything.

Our room was SO NOT the luxurious suite we were promised online. Tiny and worst of all - everything was so damp and humid that even the sheets on the beds felt WET. We travelled with 2 children but their bed was made for one. The view is towards a horrid apartment building and cranes.

After almost no sleep we just wanted to leave this hotel. The reception was VERY unfriendly.

The only positive thing to mention was that the General Manager found us after check out and apologized for the bad experience - tried to persuade us to stay another night and gave us a 25% discount on our first night. We would NOT have stayed another night had it been free of charge.

Went to central Tel Aviv and had a great hotel experience after this first horrid night.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sophie G
Anat A, General Manager at West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear Guest,

I have reviewed your comments regarding your stay at the West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv.

I was sorry to read that your overall stay did not meet your expectations and I wish to sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience you commented on in the site especially regarding your check in experience.

Some issues could have been rectified during your stay as my team and I are available to guests all the time.

I wish to assure you that we at the West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv are sincere in our aim to ensure that our guests receive a high standard of service and accommodation.
Therefore, your comments are very important to us and enable us to check ourselves and improve our level of service.

If you are planning on returning to the Tel Aviv, I hope you will give us another opportunity, so that we can restore your faith in us.
I also invite you to send me your personal mail address so I can speak to you in person.

Best Regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Each year I treat my growing family to a few nights at the beach. After one disappointing and one abysmal stay at the Daniel Herzliya Hotel I set our sites for Tel Aviv. And my review of the West Boutique Hotel is FANTASTIC! We were five adults and seven children - children 10 and under in three rooms.

The hotel is new, fresh and clean. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. Two of the three rooms were available before 3pm check in (we arrived at 1pm). The third room was available promptly at 3pm.

The pool is fantastic! It is large with plenty of lounge chairs. The deep end is no deeper than five feet. Which is very accommodating to all. And their is also a kiddie pool. Best of all the West Boutique is the only hotel you see. So you get a lot of sun and do not feel crowded by other hotels.

To get to the beach you got out of the front door and walk around the hotel. They charge you 7NIS for entry which is reimbursed by the hotel. Convenient and accommodating.

I liked the rooms. They are "boutique style". Tile floor instead of carpet. Which I believe is cleaner. Because it is a suite hotel there is a full kitchen, disguised handily behind drawers and cabinets. Even the fridge is behind a door. And the wood used throughout is zebra wood. Very cool. The balcony was spacious. We had kids in pull out beds in every room and did not feel cramped. I especially liked the bedrooms. Small and comfy.

The hotel is all dairy and kosher. Breakfast was good. It is not the "over the top" breakfast found in the larger hotels.But we did not mind it at all. No omelet station, but you ordered it from a waiter. A large selection of all the usual breads, salads. Most of all the coffee was great.

Selections for lunch at the pool were so much better than the standard hot dog and hamburgers. They had a selection of salads, pizza, etc. The staff at the pool was great.

Overall I would stay that this was an excellent stay in a excellent hotel and we all look forward to returning. We stated in rooms 64, 65 & 66 and had sea views. Unlike other hotels in Herzliya, there was parking on the premises.

This hotel is "off the beaten track" so you do need a car or a cab to get you to the "hot spots" in Tel Aviv. I thoroughly enjoyed not being on the beach in the city of Tel Aviv.

Funny also that this property is owned by the Daniel Herzliya. What a difference!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Anat A, Manager at West Boutique Hotel Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for such a flattering review; hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay is incredibly gratifying. Guest feedback is of the utmost importance to us so we appreciate that you chose to share with us and the TripAdvisor community.

Please feel free to contact me.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here for four days and wish we hadn't. Although the rooms were relatively nice and the restaurant staff was very friendly (when they weren't totally overwhelmed), the front desk staff and total lack of customer service made our entire stay far less than what we had hoped for. There is very poor and intermittent free wifi in the lobby - otherwise, wifi costs $21/day per device and is also intermittent. The "spa" and fitness center have no towels and no attendants although the actual workout equipment is good. Again, no wifi in the fitness center. The rooms were sparse, but our suite did have a small bedroom, bathroom, and living room with pull out couch. The shower head did not work and kept spewing water all over the bathroom - a big problem when you get one towel per room anyway... We had 7 rooms for 4 nights (28 room nights) reserved, yet the front desk staff refused to extend checkout time for even an hour. Half of our party moved to a different hotel because they were so fed up. Although the hotel's website and physical address imply that it is in Tel Aviv "on the beach", it is really neither. The cab ride to the wharf area of the promenade costs 50-90 shekels (make sure you tell the driver to use the meter), and is NOT in walking distance. Most cab drivers do not know where this property is, so make sure you either take a map to show them or have the address with you. This was surprising, as it is actually easy to find, but most cab drivers will insist that it is in Herziliyah until they actually get you there. The beach is not like that in the main part of Tel Aviv. It is very narrow and very overcrowded. The water, however, is great. There is a charge to get to the beach that is only "partially" refunded by the hotel if you bring them a dry receipt. Good luck with that. All in all, stay somewhere else. Anything you think you will save in room rates by avoiding the Sheraton/Carlton/Hilton will be more than eaten up by cab rides back and forth to Tel Aviv.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family