“These guys take care of you.”
Review of Florentine Hostel

Florentine Hostel
“These guys take care of you.”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

After 13 days of touring with our school, a friend and I had to find a place to stay for one night. Florentine Hostel was the cheapest option available, but truly, for bottom-dollar, you really do get an unforgettable experience. We were welcomed in by friendly staff who care more about their patrons then they do about the money. Sensing our apprehension at the thought of sleeping on a cot on the rooftop terrace with 10-15 other people, Natalie and Maayan were very open about what to expect for this one night, fearing that the expectation of a "nice, quiet place to stay" would lead to a less than enjoyable stay. Nevertheless, my friend and I stuck with Florentine, and personally, I am glad I did. I was impressed by the level of care the staff showed for their clientele, and their desire to bring us together and encourage a sense of community between the individual patrons. Overall, Florentine is safe; it is friendly, open, fun...and definitely memorable. I wish I could have stayed for more than one night to enrich my experience further, but I am incredibly pleased with Florentine, and I hope to return someday soon!

Room Tip: If you're looking for a good night's sleep, may I suggest you splurge and stay in the dormit...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Keith B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
sydney
Reviewed 14 June 2014

My friend Lilli and I stayed in a mixed dorm at this hostel on the night of the Love Parade and couldn't fault anything! From the moment we walked in we got a warm welcome and were looked after by the staff and volunteers. The quick informal orientation from Mayan was great as she explained all about the area and the hostel. Warm showers, towels and yummy breakfast provided, cheap drinks and an awesome common area & atmosphere, you can't ask for much more! Matthew hosted a night out in Tel Aviv to some local bars and clubs - he made sure we all got home ok and was heaps of fun - I would have liked to stayed longer for another night out. Ill be recommending Florentine Hostel to all the Aussies back home, we loved it.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Leanne P
Stuttgart, Arkansas
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Nice Hostel with cool volunteer and staff! It's situated between the old city and the new city center I would say. The breakfast is not amazing but it's fine! The common space with the terrace is really and you can sleep outside if you want!
I would recommend this place!

Stayed June 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hostel looks a bit sketchy on the outside, but inside it's home. Not the best hostel when you talk about facilities, but everything is there and the atmosphere is great. Friendly staff and open atmosphere. I loved sitting at the roof terrace and having drinks with the other travellers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 4 or 5 nights had a great time the staff made sure I felt welcome and showed us a good time every day and night. Close to the beach and not too hard to find. Sleeping under the stars and sun was perfect also I met some really great people. I will come back soon for sure.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

I loved my stay at the Florentine hostel. Rafi and his staff is what made it for me, he cared about all of his guests and made sure that everyone was enjoying tel aviv. At night is when it gets very fun, free hookah and shots as well as a group outing to the local bars. The outside patio is incredible! The hostel might be hard to find for some but once you get there, you will not regret choosing florentine

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank IflyHighh
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed in Florentine for about a week. The people, the culture, and the general vibe of the hostel was so great. I'm always worried about the cleanliness at hostels, but this place was really well-maintained. The bathrooms are cleaned multiple times throughout the day and the wet and dry areas are separated. The staff are really helpful no matter what you need at any time of the day. Breakfast is included (basics - toast, hummus, nutella, cucumbers, tomatoes, coffee), but it's really nice to get up and meet some people in the morning while enjoying the sun and terrace rooftop.

The only difficult thing about staying here was the location - it is located about 25 minute walk from the central bus station, but it's a bit long and tiring when you're a tourist and have spent all day walking around. Also, the area around the hotel (Florentine neighborhood) isn't super active like the middle of the city and is kind of shady at night. However, the hostel is located amidst some car shops or heavy work places, so it is really noisy and a little difficult to sleep (bring earplugs)! The upside is that the beach is only a 10 minute walk from the hostel. Depending on what your plans are in Tel Aviv, take the location into consideration before choosing a hostel! This place is an otherwise great stay and I truly enjoyed my time there :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo