“Lovely receptionists!”
Review of Florentine Hostel

Florentine Hostel
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My experience with Florentine Hostel was quite good. The three receptionists was very helpful and super sweet. Most of the residents there are young people. So if you are looking for a hostel where you can meet other young people in a good mood, have a beer and some fun, - you should definitely live at Florentine!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Terrible experience. This is a party hostel through and through. If you are looking for a place to get drunk or high and stay awake all night, go here, otherwise run in the other direction. I don't mind relatively rambunctious hostels, but this was over the top. The night we spent on the terrace we might have got 2-3 hours of sleep due to loud, rowdy people all night (including at least one of the hostel staff volunteers). The sleeping area and the common area ARE THE SAME PLACE. It just doesn't work. The paid staff go home at night, and the volunteer staff are somewhat in charge... But they are just as drunk and loud as the other guests.

Other notes:
The dorm rooms are okay, but very hot (the staff control all the AC remotes so you cannot turn the temperature below 24-25 degrees centigrade). The bathrooms were actually not bad considering how many people use them. The manager (owner?) was somewhat condescending when speaking with us, but the rest of the paid staff were really lovely. Breakfast was basic, but still good, probably the best part of our stay actually. Having a kitchen was great, and it was generally clean-ish (by hostel standards), but was small and crowded. Can't beat the location, we walked almost everywhere we wanted to go, including from the train station.

We booked this place because of high Trip Advisor ratings, but it just was not for us. If you're looking to party, it's probably the right place.

Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

One of those places you kinda fall in love with.
Amazing staff, super friendly, great attention to the details.
They make you feel at home.
Would be nice to spent a longer time here.
You feel a family vibe, the most important thing when you travel around.
The rooftop is absolutely the highlight of the place, it sells the place itself: perfect to chill out there after a walking day around the beautiful Tel Aviv.
About the facilities nothing to complain about it, very functional, very clean.
Location is really perfect: close to my favourite area (Neve Tzedek) and 10 minutes walking from Jaffa... perfect!
Very very good job guys!
I'll see you next year.

Riccardo

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2014

One of the better hostels i have ever stayed. Staff very friendly and helpfull especially Anna.
It is very close to the beach arround 10 minutes walk, to the area with the bars and clubs arround 25 minutes. As tel aviv is very expensive i recomend to buy beers in hostel as these were the cheapest we founded.
It has on of the best social area's from the all hostels i have ever stayed in.

Thanks Guys for an amazing hospitality !!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Once upon a time i fell in love with the florentine hostel, its beautiful and very helpful staff and all the fantastic people i met here! I will be coming back here next year or asap.

I lust for coming again <3

xoxo Maximilian Hans Gunnar Geoffrey Graf von Schweinitz und Krain Freiherr von Kauder the 1st
(Hunter)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Max S
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here last year and found it to be a nice hostel, a year on and back in Israel I decided to stay overnight whilst passing through Tel Aviv. When I arrived I was let in by the receptionist who was polite and friendly to speak to. Some of the staff even recognised me from last year which was a pleasant surprise. Rafi the owner is also pleasant (if slightly stressed) to talk to if you get the chance.

The hostel is currently undergoing construction work to enable more dorms this caused minimal disturbance during the afternoon and most people would be out, I think this is due to continue till mid July. The dorm itself was clean and pleasant to stay in with air conditioning during the day and night. During the evening the hostel has a party atmosphere to it with people talking and drinking on the balcony, they also have an in-house chef cooking food which on the night cost me 10 NIS. Beer from the fridge was between 9-12 NIS & Coca Cola for 7 NIS. Considering the convenience, and a marginal street price difference this was a nice bonus.

In the morning you can have breakfast which consists of chocolate spread, hummus and bread amongst other things. Checkout was eleven o'clock and I got a nice hug goodbye when I left, all in all they're doing everything right at this hostel and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the balcony have less street noise; although I only found this to be a problem after...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vedrina
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I don't think I'll ever find a hostel with an atmosphere quite like Florentine again. Although I arrived around 11 o'clock at night, the man who runs the hostel spotted a new face immediately when I went to the patio up top, and made me feel welcome within minutes. The upstairs patio is a fabulous place to hang out, and I've never felt so quickly integrated within a group of hostel guests in my life. The staff were all extremely friendly, and the volunteers in particular made sure there was always something to do. It was clean, with an abundance of couches and beds on the patio to relax on, as well as laundry facilities and other communal meeting areas. Since the staff, or at the very least, the volunteers seem to work there only for brief periods of time, I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to replicate my experience, but I can highly recommend this hostel. If I had stayed anywhere else upon arriving in Israel, I know that my trip just would not have been the same.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo