“Bar on the beach!”

Ranked #945 of 1,653 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Read some of the reviews on here and had to laugh! OK so don't expect fine dining or waiters in starched aprons that come running the second you click your fingers, (this isn't the Hilton) but if you want to enjoy some beers and some decent bar food in a beautiful setting and a relaxed atmosphere with friendly service then you can't go wrong really!

1  Thank Jugganaut

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The service was just... Non existing. We hadto go to the bar to get their attention when :we wanted menu cards, wanted to order and when we wanted the check. Other than that they forgot a coke. ( we were two people). The food was just ok. Nothing special.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

The situation is unbelievable! right on the beach but the service is very poor. Getting a waiter's attention requires a lot of work and the prices are high

Reviewed 3 July 2013

We wanted to go to the Manta ray (which is highly recommend)but as kids are, fish is not on their favourite food list , so we kept walking to Tel Aviv we reached Banana Beach we got seated and we ordered drinks and food .In between the time we received drinks and food we came back from washing our hands we came back to notice a dog fouling the decking near a table ,my small son went to tell a waitress about the dog fouling and the staff did not even make any small attempt to do anything about it .We sat down and saw an elderly man come to pick the mess up( who looked like the owner ?)attempt to pick up the mess with a serviette which are thinner than toilet paper here and took several attempts to pick up the mess and wiped the remains into the decking and he took some sand to cover the stains. The dog mess in his hands he threw into a communal bin, I wanted to leave but my children were very thirsty and hungry after a long walk, so we waited for our food which came, the chips were cold, not even luke-warm the lamb kebab I ordered came as four small mince burgers which were not cooked thoroughly.The waitress gave 2 plates ,1 was badly chipped and returned to the waitress who appeared nonplussed ,she neither replaced nor offered to replace it.Even my nine year old son knows chipped plates harbour bacteria.
We complained about the cold chips and she said there was nothing she could do.When I asked her to try 1 she said'no,no', she wouldn't taste them but she would reheat them!I said to her to forget it,I gave my wife 1 of the 'kebabs' which she returned to me after cutting in half.In the meantime while eating there are cats and dogs roaming around in the 'restaurant'.A cat fell asleep on a chair at 1 of the tables and the dog who previously fouled the decking returned,the owners dog? Having finished we waited and waited and waited for the waitress ,we asked a passing staff member for the bill and got a grunt as a reply.Finally the original waitress appeared with the bill for 223 NIS while we searched for the exact money she stayed at the table.Upon giving her 225NIS she said 'what about my tip,this is my living'.I said to her dogs messing,cats everywhere,cold chips,chipped plates'.She said 'I only work here'.I told her to sort it out with the owner.I took my family out.She was adamant on her tip even though she did nothing to report or sort out the issues.I must say this is the worst 'restaurant'I have ever been to ,even the poorest of countries I've better food,hygiene and service than this.We arrived Monday and have been out each night to restaurants which have been lovely ,with fast service and we have had no problem tipping.So for people who like restaurants with dogs,cats roaming fouling, cold chips,partially cooked mince, chipped plates and an aggressive waitress go to Banana Beach(Banana republic).Wish I had some photos to share but didn't have camera.

3  Thank 91Davey
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Great bar food at Banana Beach and of course, great view of being on the beach! Had a burger that was outstanding. Unfortunately, the service was awful - we could have been invisible and had more attention.