“Possibly Best Beer Place in Tel Aviv”
Review of Porter & Sons

Porter & Sons
Ranked #76 of 1,651 Restaurants in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: American, Diner, Gastropub
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Porter and Sons has a huge selection of beer. There are dozens of beers of every type, and the food is above average for a beer place, so you won't be disappointed. The place is fairly spacious, there is no loud music, and it's located right in the center of Tel Aviv.

I've been there a couple of times and the place wasn't full, but I heard that sometimes it's chock-full, so reserving places is recommended.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Nicest pub in Tel Aviv area. Large selection of draft beers, but missing some Irish brands (where are you Guinness and Kilkenny?). And the calamari is excellent, especially from the specials lists.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We have enjoyed the food (especially the delicious sausages and salads) a number of times over the years. Service was always excellent. Recently I reserved a farewell dinner table a day before for 7pm and requested a window-side booth table. The guy answering said they would try but couldn't guarantee (they have at least 5 or 6 booths). What the heck? When I told my party, it put a damper on the vibe so we decided to stay home and have an intimate farewell dinner. So this review is based on past dinners.

Jeremiah P, Manager at Porter & Sons, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Dear Harold,

First, I'd like to thank you for your positive input. And I'm sorry that the seating arrangement was a deal- breaker for your party. We strive daily to do everything we can to assure our customers get what they want.

Creating a reservation seating chart for dinner service is not always as simple as it looks ,and there are many things to consider (I really won’t bore you with all of them), but you will be surprised to hear how many of specific table request we get daily. Therefore, we can never promise a certain table or kind of table, but do say it will be mentioned in the comments and we'll do our best. I can also say that 90 percent of the time we're able to accommodate those request.

The only reason not to promise that it in advance is to prevent the uncomfortable situation in which a customer finds upon his arrival that the table that has been promised to him is taken.

I hope this helps in a way, And I look forward to have you here in the future.

Guy Muallem
Manager,
Porter & Sons

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Good food. Good belgian beer served in correct glass. Good price. Nice relaxed evening.
Doup, salad, 1pint of Duvel, 1 cofee: 150 shekels. Bargain.

Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We had a couple of bad meals and wanted to finish holiday off on a high. Thus restaurant did it for us. Lovely service with a smile call meals were fresh and tasty. Highly recommended