“Best for Littler Kids”

59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Best for Littler Kids”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

My 4 year old had a fantastic time here. The little kid play area is phenomenal, with lots of different slides and sprayers that the kids can control themselves. There's also a nice big wave pool for a relaxing break. Travelers fro the USA will be astonished that they let even the littlest kids ride on the big water slides, which my fearless boy thought was the BEST THING EVER. As a side benefit, the view of Tel Aviv from the stairs while you wait is lovely. For bigger kids there is not that much attraction that you can't get at the beach for free. TIPS: if you can get someone to charge your tickets online in advance on an Israeli credit card you can usually get a break on the price (we got a 2-for-1 ticket deal when we went). The water park is inside Park Hayarkon at the Ganei Yehoshua area, which makes it walking distance from the Tel Aviv University train station. Not the shortest walk, but walkable nonetheless. If you have a waterproof pouch to carry your cash on you, you can safely leave your towels & other nonvaluables unattended although don't bother trying to save a chair, it's considered rude. Israelis will dump your stuff on the ground and take the chair. the snack area has a meat side and a dairy side, which means pizza which was okay. All in all, a fun thing to do with kids up to about age 7.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank aynyc

• Hebrew first
Stockholm, Stockholms Lan, Sweden
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Too crowded and ineffective staff”
Reviewed 19 July 2012

First, some practical information. Entrance fee is 99 NIS for everybody over the age of two. If you come after 1pm, it is 85 NIS. They are open 9-5, but all attractions close at 4:30. Inside, they have lockers that cost 15 NIS to use and you need a 5 NIS deposit that you will get back at the end of the day. There's a shop that sells bathing suits and knick-knacks, one restaurant and one ice-cream and slush place. There is plenty of space where you can have a picnic if you brought your own food and drink. They accept credit cards at the entrance and the restaurants, but you need to have 20 NIS in cash for the locker. The restaurant had fast food but I was impressed that they had a vegetarian schnitzel with corn. I expected quorn, but it was corn.

We took a taxi from Dizengoff street. It cost 70 NIS one way. I don't know if he cheated me, but that's how much he charged.

I went with my kids, who are 10 and 12. There weren't that many attractions for them. Looked like they had more for little kids. The fun things for them were two big water slides. We tried one of them. Once. Turns out the half hour we spent in line was more of an attraction than the actual attraction.

There were sooo many people that wanted to sneak past us. We ended up holding the railing on each side and holding hands the whole time. Then they tried to sneak under our hands and between our legs. Three little girls told us they needed to get by. We don't speak Hebrew, but it was clear that's what they wanted. We explained we don't speak Hebrew. Then they tried to get other adults to translate. They wouldn't. When we had almost reached the top a woman came with a small child (maybe 4) in her hand. They had squeezed by everybody else in line and now tried to squeeze past us. We held our fort. She then proceeded to try violently and tried to make her boy go under our legs. All the while screaming angrily in Hebrew at us. We tried to communicate and she told us in perfect English that she doesn't speak English.

She got so upset with us that she started yelling to the staff at the top. I was starting to feel like there might be some legitimate reason for her to squeeze by. She was so angry at us. But at that time, I had blocked at least ten people from getting by and I really couldn't see the reason for her desperate need to go down the slide before us. There were only a couple of people before us now and then we were going down. Luckily the staff ignored her and when we saw her again at the bottom she was happy as a lamb. Very odd experience! We didn't go on that slide a second time.

There are some pools where you can cool off. One has waves. We went into that one but there was just a lot of yelling from the staff in Hebrew. No, you can't sit on somebody's shoulder. No, you can't be in the deep water. No, you can't do this or that. They were constantly whistling and yelling about something and I saw people being escorted out of the pool. I could never figure out what they had done wrong. Looked fine to me.

The staff was very ineffective in getting kids onto the slides. The one I was in line for had three slides once you got to the top. But they got stuck talking to each other and didn't get people moving. That caused the lines to be much longer than they had to be.

The reason I gave this review two stars instead of one is because I was so happy to find a cool activity in this hot weather. And I was impressed that they accepted credit cards and had a vegetarian alternative. Although, the water in the pools wasn't exactly cool. Could have been cooler.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank AsaCronqvist
Tel Aviv
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Poor conditions”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Rather clean but ther's nothing speciall or exciting about this place. All the instalments are old fashioned and the lines are huge.

1 Thank Yana B
Tel Aviv, Israel
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Crowded not the best palce to be in tel-aviv”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

If you dont have problem with crowded place,
so it can work
if not stay at the hotel swiming pool ar just enjoy from one
of many beach in Tel-Aviv or near Tel-Aviv

Visited August 2011
1 Thank IsraelBooking
Givatayim
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Water fun”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

A very good water park, kids will love it. Grown ups will find it hectic