“Sublime” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Los Angeles, California
“Sublime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I liked everything about it. It's a Bauhaus era/style clinic converted two years ago into a boutique hotel. The waiting room has become the reception/lounge/lending library with books on art, architecture and Israel. For the breakfast that's included with the room, you go to one of three restaurants, one of which is just on the street facade of the hotel building. The other two are steps away. Super food at the one in the hotel building. I didn't try the others. Everything in the hotel is clean, clear, comfortable, well-designed and efficient. The staff is young and bright, competent and nice. Everything about the hotel feels contemporary, except the architecture, which is wonderful if you love the Bauhaus style as I do. The more modern furnishings feel right at home, all perfectly integrated. Just outside across the street is a little free-standing cafe and beside it a band set up to play terrific jazz. I felt I was in heaven.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

We loved our stay at Rothschild 71. this is a small hotel with personalized service. The staff greets you from a casual post in a chair in the comfortable living-room-like space at the entry. Free cold drinks and coffee/tea/espresso there any time. The desk staff were quite helpful, friendly, and useful with all sorts of questions. The room was simply designed, with excellent lighting and a comfortable bed. Perfect location in the historic Bauhaus section of the city, so many neighborhoods and sights (including Jaffa and the artsy Neve Tzedek) were a short walk away. This hotel was exactly what we like in a small hotel, and I'm sure we will return.(many of the hotel guests whom we saw in the lobby's we're repeat guests, greeted like old friends)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

If you want to see all of Tel-Aviv, you had better pick-up the Rothchild 71 Hotel. It is not fancy, but very convenient with about 20 rooms and a small restaurant, but the rooms are modern and well equipped (even an espresso machine), and the staff is very friendly and helpful. But the most imprtant thing is that the Hotel is located in the middle of the heart of Tel-Aviv, which means that either as business person or as a tourist you can reach your destination within a walk distance or a short taxi ride. This is the financial center and at the same time - the plave of the most popular restaurants. You can walk to the old parts of Tel-Aviv and at the same time have a business meeting. The rooms are clean and in the lobbi you can get fresh coffee and cold beverage "on the house". The only problem is the price- so try to pick-up a descent teal like I found. Enjoy your staying!

Room Tip: Try to get a room with view to Rothcild avenue. It is very interesting to look at a 24 hours activit...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Super location, excellent service, a variety of cheering bonuses, fair prices.
My wife booked this hotel for my birthday. We were offered sparkling wine at arrival, the room is spacious, although location is in the heart of Tel Aviv. We were offered help with restaurants around.
They have free digital tv in room, and everything is clean and well kept. We got some time extension regarding the parking place when we left.. I would definitely return some day.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 weeks in the penthouse suite.
Nice room and the most amazing location in Tel Aviv! In the middle of Rothschild Boulevard, minutes to everywhere.

Hotel is trendy and modern, but falls down on the housekeeping. We found the room was superficially cleaned, and never quite done properly.

The couch and carpets were badly stained and in desperate need of steam cleaning, we enjoyed our stay, but expected better housekeeping as this is a very expensive hotel to stay at.

Having said the above, would I stay there again, probably. The location is just unbelievable.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I booked this hotel in part because of the convenient location of the hotel and all the good reviews that have been posted on here about it.

Unfortunately, I was rather disappointed by the room I had. I booked a standard room, and at check-in, I was assigned room 15. Only during the check out process did I find out that room 15 is the worst room of the whole hotel. For the price I was paying, I thought the room was small, and the bathroom was very small as well. The tiles around the shower could use some touching up. The room was clean overall, and luckily, the noise level was low. But it was small and dark, which gave it a rather depressing feel at times.
I did appreciate the friendliness of all the staff members I interacted with. Every single staff member I met was helpful and courteous. And the manager was very understanding of the unusual circumstances of my arrival - I basically checked in 24 hour late (thanks to United for canceling my EWR TLV flight that was sitting at the gate for six hours), but the hotel did not charge me for the first night of the reservation that I booked, due to me showing up 24 hours late at the hotel. I was definitely appreciative of the management for being so flexible and understanding. I had breakfast at the Italian restaurant right in front of the hotel, and the quality of the food was very good (even though the choices at breakfast were quite limited).

But I could not get over the very small size of room 15. For an average of US $250 a night, one would expect a room that is bigger and brighter than room 15. For that reason, I can only give Rothschild 71 a two star rating.

Room Tip: Avoid room 15 at all cost
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very pleasant atmosphere and staff, superbly located and comfortable. They have up graded us two levels without us even asking. Small and intimate. Easily recommended. Parking is across the street. Very good beds.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple