“Expensive and yummy "street" food”
Review of Miznon

Miznon
Ranked #4 of 25 Quick Bites in Tel Aviv
Cuisines: Israeli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The Miznon (translates as the stand) was opened by a renowned chef as a hybrid between basic Israeli food served in Pita bread to his specialty dishes. Prices are accordingly somewhere in the middle, not cheap (definitely not for a pita) but not too bad (considering there is minute steak in it).

There are options for both vegetarians and meat lovers alike and make sure to take a lot of napkins as there is a good chance you will get dirty. Try the head of cauliflower and other over baked vegetables as a side dish and the minute steak was not mentioned for no reason ;)

Tip - don't forget to help yourself to the tops of the pitas and side sauces, pickles etc. given for free to the right of the entrance

Date of visit: March 2014

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We eat at the Miznon 4 times.
Very Unique!
The best Pita Bread in the Middle East!
Try the cauliflower or the artichoke!

Date of visit: February 2014
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We loved it! The pita, fragrant and soft, is filled with perfectly seasoned meat, fresh tomato tartar, delicious tehini, and some additional vegetables creating the ideal balance without becoming dense. A green bean side dish, seasoned with garlic, lemon and coarse salt (my guess) was another surprise - refreshing, surprisingly delicious. Our mouths tingled pleasantly with the flavours... "Wake-me-up Happy Food" :) It had never occurred to us a sandwich could be so satisfying. We're planning a return visit to Tel Aviv just so we can go back!

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We just enjoyed a great lunch here. Fresh, friendly and creative near Carmel Market.
Zany fun crew to watch create sandwhich magic from the bar.

Date of visit: April 2014
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I was told this was the best lamb sandwich in Tel Aviv and I think it was. What a wonderful place to grab a pita with the most interesting items in the pocket. Either veggie or meat options and so creative. I was sorry I was alone and could only eat one pick. The roasted cauliflower was beautiful to look at. Nice people working there and happy to respond to my questions. I wish I had time to go back and try to many pita pocket choices but surely will go back when in Tel Aviv again. Don't miss it! this is a lot of fun!

Date of visit: March 2014