“Improved from previous stay, but there's room for more improvement”

Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach
Ranked #48 of 101 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel let's say about two years ago. If I recall correctly it was under renovation at that time. Now the rooms have been renovated and they look very nice and comfortable.

Additional improvements... the WiFi internet access now it's at no extra charge and it's quite fast 3 Mbps down and 3 Mbps up.

Nice. The breakfast buffet continues being excellent...The staff is professional and friendly.

Now, a couple of things which still need improvement:
- The heating system in the room was not warming up the air, so I turned it off and slept with my coat on.
- Also, I had to shower using the hand-held shower head because there was no way to have the water come off the shower head attached to the wall. (On the plus side... plenty of hot water and water pressure).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Ivo J, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

Dear Mr. F.L. Miami,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good and the really good comments, I truly value the bad comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer to improve your stay. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We came a bit early, and reception said they had a room available, but suggested that we wait a bit for a better room. It was worth waiting for! That was just one example of the great service. There was a pillow menu and we had our pillows of choice delivered within minutes. We have been to several top rate hotels in several cities in Israel. The buffet breakfast was far better than any of them. There was a beautiful selection of all types of food, and a chef who cooked a large selection of hot foods to order. It was a truly special experience

Room Tip: southwest corner rooms have magnificent views
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms./Mr. Dovido,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about the room, and the breakfast. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the high level of the facilities, and amenities offered.
Furthermore, we strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed 9 nights at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv (Tel Aviv beach - 145 Hayarkon St.). I had a room closest to the Mediterranean Sea and the view was outstanding. It overlooked the beach, volleyball courts and the walkway between the beach and hotel where joggers and bikers would exercise. If the room became too warm, I could open the door to the balcony and get a 30 mile per hour blast of wind into the room that quickly cooled the room off. But most important of all, I found most of the hotel staff very helpful. Dor K., one of the front desk staff, was particularly helpful to me because I was having trouble connecting to the internet at the beginning of my stay and it was imperative that I get an internet connection. He guided me through the set up process and was very professional. I also found the concierge staff extremely helpful and the hostess at the morning breakfast was very pleasant and always made me feel welcome. I don't recall her name, but she is slight in build and has dark hair and a nice smile. Finally, the room cleaning person was extremely nice. I don't recall his name, but he told me he was from Sudan.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side are closest to the beach and Mediterranean Sea. My room was 101 and was the c...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Dear Ms./Mr. Doug B,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about the room, and the breakfast. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the high level of the facilities offered, and the staff concerned.

Reviewed 16 January 2012

This hotel consistently offers a superior experience to all the other hotels on Hayarkon street.

This is one of the few hotels in israel that has actually got it right. There is service and you Are actually treated like a guest with choices.

The assistant managaress Idit is a pleasure to deal with as is the new guest relations manager Anna who i remember previously as the F and B manager.
the restaurant Pacific on -2 is a great meat and sushi eatery and I recommend it

The rooms are renovated fresh and functional.

Room Tip: try and get a rooms closer to the beach and right hand side
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank shaunb2013

Dear Ms./Mr. Shaun B 2013,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about the room. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the high level of the facilities offered, and the staff concerned.

Reviewed 6 January 2012

Although i selected the hotel for the location, on the beachfront in Tel Aviv, as well as the fact that i could get points as a Priority Club member at the Crowne Plaza, at the end of my stay, what impressed me the most was the customer service...from check in to check out...the efficiency, friendliness, well trained and enthusiastic staff. The room was lovely and well appointed. free wifi.
Highly recommend if you are able to stay on the executive floors - the VIP Lounge, i understand was just renovated, and in my opinion, one of the best serviced that i have experienced (and i do travel a lot for business).
what impressed me the most about the VIP lounge staff was making you feel that you were their personal guest.
What also impressed me was that the General Manager was on site, visible and interacting all the time with guests. That sets the tone for a hotel!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank kbhuw

Dear Ms./Mr. K. B. Huw,

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and I am particularly appreciative of your comments about the room, and the club lounge. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the high level of the facilities offered, and the staff concerned.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

reservation center of Crown Plaza is unprofessional, unfriendly not polite , they let you wait for 15 min on phone will give you afterwards another tel nr to call. then will let you wait again, they will ask you to call back because "computers" are not working, then they tell you they will call you back but never call back.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank guest621

Dear Ms./Mr. Guest 621,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. I would like to offer a sincere apology. While we understand that your contact was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your experience as best as it can be.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

I have stayed in many of Tel-Aviv's business hotels, and would say that the Crowne Plaza is good value for money. It needs remodeling and the staff has a bit of an attitude, but this is pretty much the case everywhere else on the Tel-Aviv beach front. If you are a business traveler, the one thing I absolutely recommend is to get a room that allows you to have access to the Business Lounge: this way you can have breakfast (and light dinners) away from the main dining room, and therefore away from the obnoxious tourists...

Room Tip: To minimize noise, select a room away from the main traffic road (i.e., it has to be on the Northern...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear Ms./Mr. On the other side,

Thank you again for your review.