2,363 results
All reviews business lounge tel aviv beach club room business trip the executive lounge breakfast buffet is mediterranean sea rachel israel concierge jaffa port tlv
Reviewed 31 May 2013

we have stayed in this hotel several time for long period.
if you are looking for a place to stay the night only as you explore the city, this is a great place to be.
the breakfast is very rich with amazing view on the sea, the facilities are fine too, the rooms are nice and the swimming pool is great to have (for windy days). the greatest thing is to take the elevator and to exit the beach, especially if you are with kids and it is 35 degrees out there.
the thing we did not like is the waiting time till you get service at the desk, anytime you need something to wait 15 min is annoying. also the maintenance of the room can be improved.
once we got there and there was no parking space for us (they normally have), something they did not inform of in advance.

Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2013

Dear shmerez,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 May 2013

This review is about the Crowne Plaza on the beach, not the one in central Tel Aviv.

I am sorry to read Dom M's poor review of this hotel. My experience was quite different. First of all, the reception staff were polite but a little formal. I suppose you could describe them as "business-like." However, a couple of young English girls in front of us arrived to find that their booking had not been properly attended to by their travel agent, and I thought the staff were somewhat stiff and could have done more to help them. Just my feelings, that's all.

Secondly, my room was just wonderful - tranquil, spacious and very well-appointed. Far from having any complaints, I would return to it tomorrow morning if I had the time. But perhaps this was one of the newly-renovated rooms - I do not know. The lifts are rather curious in that you simply select, in advance, your chosen floor and it takes you directly there - very efficient and something to do with not being seen to work on Shabat - I gather.

Thirdly, the barman in the cocktail bar at the rear of the reception area was a genius who cheerfully, if slightly furtively, served us modest but alcoholic drinks on Shabat. The man is worth twice his salary for his amusement value alone.

The rooms have very small balconies but I diid not feel like using mine - too vertiginous for me!

Breakfast is buffet-style but offering a huge and magnificent choice. IMHO you could not ask for more. It is served in the lower ground floor and there you overlook the beach just to the rear of the hotel - literally yards away - where beach volleyball is played directly below you, within sight of the marina. Dinner was served in this area too and I thought the choice was equally good. I was however DEEPLY DISTURBED AND OFFENDED to see that the leftover food from the day was being thrown casually away. What a waste. An utter obscenity IMHO.

Staff attending the tables were cheerful and efficient, seeing to it that my cup of coffee was regularly replenished.

This hotel is located beside a whole lot of other hotels of, I suspect, similar quality on the sea-front. The reception area extends across the whole of the ground floor as a sort of concourse offering the cocktail bar, a comfortable and spacious lounge area where you are left in peace to read or await others, as you wish.

The hotel itself is about ten to fifteen minutes' walk to Allenby Street. For part of the time you proceed along the promenade which is rather beautiful.

I would certainly return to this hotel. It is not particularly cheap but in today's market it offers value for money.

As a whole, Israel is not cheap but everywhere our experience of food and accommodation was that they were of good quality. I can't wait to go back. Tiberias, Nazareth and Jerusalem all hugely worthwhile.

Room tip: Given Dom M's review, I suppose one should check that the room has been renovated. If so, you will not be disappointed. I suspect that the lower the floor you are allocated, the more will be the noise from the street traffic but I was on the ninth floor and did not find it perturbing.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Ivo J, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear Ms./Mr. Invermarnoch,

Greetings from Tel Aviv!

Thank you for your comprehensive review. You have covered all aspects of your stay and we are particularly appreciative of your comments about the personnel.
It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge the staff concerned.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 28 May 2013

By the sea, with easy direct access to the beach. The hotel offers great service and fantastic location. Ask to get a room in one of the renovated floors. The business lounge on the 9th floor is excellent for breakfast or snack.

Room tip: Ask to get a room in one of the renovated floors.

Dear Mr. The_Chevalier,

Thank you very much for your review.

We strive to give great and impressive service to all of our guests and it makes us happy to read we exceeded your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment. Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I could not have been more pleased with this hotel. The service and staff were truly exceptional. Its location is perfect, convenient to all the attractions and businesses. Best of all, it is right on the beach! The rooms are quite spacious and comfortable. In my opinion, you can not go wrong with this hotel!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Ivo J, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Ms./Mr. Jeff G.,

We look forward to welcoming you back to our establishment.

Once again thank you for the wonderful and kind words of praise.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 28 May 2013

I would just like to comment that the majority of information provided about this hotel on their website is factually incorrect.

The hotel rooms are dirty, old, run-down, and stand in complete contrast to what is advertised by your company. If you want one of the few available "upgrade" rooms, be prepared to pay at least a $125 premium. By no means should you take the photos you see of rooms, etc., seriously - I saw a lot of them, and the only one that looks even remotely similar is one for which you pay almost $450 a night, so double what is advertised. Oh an the insulation is terrible. You can hear everything going on in the rooms next to you, in the corridor, and on the street. Horrendous.

Staff are irritable and unwilling to help, and the mandatory valet service is ridiculous and inefficient. You have no choice but to leave the car with them, and it usually takes a good deal of time for them to retrieve it. On a number of occassions I was told to walk down the pavement and that my car was parked "somewhere there", and to get it myself. Ridiculous, especially for the steep $40 a day mandatory valet charge.

Be aware that mistakes are perpetually made in their billing department, and you need to pay close attention to what you are being charged. Random things ended up on my bill that I had to rectify myself, as the staff were too incompetent to manage themselves.

Upon departure, my wife realized she had forgotten a pair of shoes in the hotel room, and although we called the same day we departed and said someone would come to pick them up, it was claimed that no shoes were found when cleaning and that there was nothing that could be done as there were now new guests in the room. This is just a random sample of the preposterously terrible service offered here.

This attitude and behavior was completely unacceptable to me, and as a general fan of the brand, a Club Rewards Member, and witness to their standard level of service at other hotels, I was horrified by the treatment I received at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach. I have never been as offended as with what was on offer at this establishment.

Were it not for a second trip to Zurich at a Holiday Inn that followed shortly after my trip to Israel, I would seriously consider never again booking with the IHG brand based on my experiences at the Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv.

And a side note for the hotel comments: please do not use your standard cut and paste comments and denials of what honest guests who have experienced your awful hotel have to say; all I can say is that I wish I would have heeded the negative reviews before booking with you.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank MagisterDom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Tel Aviv Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Dom M,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at out hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G