InterContinental David Tel Aviv
US$240
US$198
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
US$599
US$268
US$221
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
The Rothschild 71(Tel Aviv)
US$272
US$260
  • Bar/Lounge
2,286 results
All reviewsaubergine restaurantcigar barthe club loungeneve tzedekcarmel marketconcierge servicebreakfast buffetpool staffnice poolguest relationsexecutive roomrooms are spaciouspool area ismediterranean seabusiness loungejaffamartina
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed here for a week with my fiancée and was extremely happy with my stay.

Its a big style chain hotel with an impressive exterior and lobby.

Due to my top tier status with Intercontinental, I was upgraded to a Club Suite for the first 3 nights and was then offered a further upgrade to one of their renovated Jaffa Suites...both having tremendous views of the Mediterranean. Both bedroom and lounge were big and all rooms (including standard rooms) have flat screen TV's. (There are 2 in the suites) Most rooms are now renovated and I believe the rest are due to be completed soon.

Also had Club Lounge access which is extremely good value.When you have Club Lounge access you are then entitled to breakfast either in the Club Lounge or in the main dining room. Breakfast was very good and fresh with a large varied selection. Club Lounge serves a large selection of food / snacks and drink throughout the day including beers... Spirits are available from 6pm. (Hot dishes varied from day to day) Bear in mind the breakfasts in Israel are all dairy so you wont see any meat whatsoever in the selection as mixing Milk and Meat is strictly forbidden. This is the case in all hotels.

Sadly and unlike some other Tel Aviv hotels this hotel is not directly on the beach but is across the road from the beach. Location is nowhere near as bad as others have mentioned. At worst it is a 10 minute walk to the main beach area where most of the hotels are located. Naturally you can walk there along the beach front so its not exactly a major hassle. However there are several beaches all the way up so you could just cross the road from the hotel and you'll find a lovely beach within a minutes walk. Behind the hotel is a charming up and coming area called Neve Tzedek where you will find lots of different Cafes and restaurants.

Pool area is a decent size and never had a problem finding a sun bed. Poolside food was good quality and huge portions, although its not particularly cheap ($5 for a can of Coke, £12 Burger) but I would say that's in keeping with other 5 star hotels in the area.

Staff were courteous and polite and always did what they could to help. Especially Guest Relations and Club Lounge Staff.

This is the 4th time I have stayed at this hotel and will not hesitate in returning once again. All in all I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
InterContinental555, Manager at InterContinental David Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2010

Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and for taking the time to place your great feedback. I am pleased that our facilities and services met your expectations and that you could benefit from staying in one of our brand new suite types, the Jaffa and Mediterranean suites - the perfect combination of style and comfort with spectacular views over the Mediterranean Sea via floor-to-ceiling windows. We are particularly delighted to hear that you enjoyed our celebrated breakfast buffet and could enjoy the location and nearby sourroundings of the hotel. I am also pleased to hear that you felt well treated by our staff. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again soon. Kind regards, Thomas Fehlbier (Resident Manager)

Reviewed 10 October 2010

My wife, 18 month old son and I are currently on the last day of our ten day trip to this hotel.

We've had a really great holiday and an almost excellent stay here. There are some really good points to the hotel - the food is really tasty with a good variety, the rooms are spacious, well furnished and clean and in the main the service has been absolutely excellent.

The location of the hotel is also a strong point - a short walk to Neve Tzedek, not long to Jaffa and Carmel market is round the corner. With the beach across the road and the nearby well appointed park (great for kids) it also offers variety if you don't want to stay by the pool.

Where this hotel seems to go wrong though is how it treats the guests who have paid the extra to stay in a suite and also join the Ambassador club.

On checking in the hotel didn't acknowledge my Ambassador membership and only when we had been shown to our room and I had phoned to complain did they recognise the mistake and finally upgrade our room (as per Ambassador membership benefits). This then put us into a Club suite (from a standard suite) but on attempting access to the club lounge my wife was loudly turned away and told she wasn't entitled to access. I phoned guest services to complain and was told we didn't get access as this was an upgrade. Despite my request no manager ever called me back to explain the policy. For the cost of the Ambassador club I would expect lounge access wouldn't break the bank.

In addition it seemed equally difficult to get the hotel to understand the late check out benefit is included - I had to haggle for a 2pm check out when in fact 4pm is the Ambassador benefit!

One final general point if you have kids, the wait for a high chair at breakfast can be almost ten minutes long. They are apparently in a storage area and they have to go and find one. Slightly odd as the hotel advertises itself as child friendly. Bring cleaning wipes as well - the chairs are all filthy and never seem to be cleaned by the hotel.

For a couple or a business visit I think this would be a perfect hotel to stay in, but for families who may have expected something wonderful I think you will be let down and think it's not quite there.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank adexis
Reviewed 29 September 2010

The Intercontinental is in an excellent location in Tel Aviv. There are many great restaurants and shopping nearby as well as the outdoor market. Jaffa was an easy stroll. The beach is directly across the street which provides an excellent view of the Mediterranean from the rooms. I received excellent service throughout the hotel especially from the staff in the club floor lounge who truly went above and beyond to assist me with locating some items I misplaced while enroute to the hotel (Thank you Tomer for all of your help!).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 September 2010

The hotel has a lot going for it..it's a FHR hotel, which if you have a particular AMEX card, can get you some nice perks there. First thing you notice is the great unique smell they pump in the hotel, which is quite nice. The lobby/hotel inside is also nice, although I agree with prior reviews that it's nothing special to look at from the outside. The pool is nice, in that you get good shade, not too crowded and for families with small kids, great kiddie pool that is surrounded by a gate so they can't "escape" too easily..

Good is good throughout, from a great buffet breakfast, to generous portions at the pool grill.

The location is really what this place is all about. Right across the street from the beach, a block from the Carmel market, across the street from a nice new boardwalk with great playgrounds for kids, and just about a 20-30 minute walk from Old Yafo (Jaffa).

Views of the ocean from the suites facing Old Yafo (i.e. south west) are spectacular..make sure to get one of the rooms that have that view..especially around sunset time, it's pretty magical.

The room itself had a lot of issues like the jaccuzi not working, remote control batteries being low in power, a lot of the channels on the TV being fuzzy with bad reception and the kids channel, Nickelodeon, not working altogether..Toilet had a weird flushing mechanism that wasn't too intuitive to get a good flush (had to do courtesy flushes every once in awhile..).

As discussed in previous reviews, Internet Access is absurdly expensive..charged $22/day, and when we logged in using another laptop, indeed, it charges you an extra $22!..this is even if you are a Priority Club member which waives the Internet Access fee in every other hotel in the world.

But the main reason I gave this place a low score for Service and could not give this place more than 4/5 overall, is because of Service. When room service would come up, they would practically berate us for taking too long to answer the door (complaining that they had to knock twice....)

But the best example of this is the Club Lounge.. in most hotels in the world, this is an opportunity to reward those that pay A LOT extra in order to have a room on one of the top floors of the hotel, so that they can enjoy some of the perks of these lounges (e.g. complimentary snacks/drinks).

You figure if you're paying a couple hundred dollars extra/stay for access to the lounge, they should be more than happy to have you enjoy a couple snacks/drinks.. Every hotel I have visited over the years even lets you bring back some drinks/snacks back to your room.. some of the nicer hotels will even do things like pack you a bag of treats/snacks upon checkout for your way back.

This place, on top of not letting you bring kids into the lounge, doesn't let you bring out any food/drinks for your spouse who might be watching your kids..upon trying to leave the room with 2 sodas and a water, for my wife and I, they stopped me and said there was a 1 drink limit!..

Complaining to management proved futile, with a warped reasoning that in the past, some people have abused this by taking several drinks out with them.. under that same logic, they probably should stop providing toiletries in the guest rooms because in the past, some guests have taken some with them!..

Especially considering the hundreds of $$ extra they charge, to nickel and dime for a couple extra bottles is really odd, especially in light of them trying to rebrand this lounge into a "first class" lounge and the business center into a "business class" lounge..if that's what first class looks like, I would hate to see what they do in business class!:)

The hotel seems to also try to target itself as being kid-friendly, but other than the kiddie-pool, really didn't do anything to be worthy of that.. they have a kids club, but it seems to only be open a couple weeks/year..no activities for kids the rest of the time..Definitely more of a business hotel than a kid-friendly hotel, but still, because of the proximity to the beach and great playgrounds, one can make a great kid-friendly vacation out of it.

So all in all, probably one of the better hotels in Tel Aviv, but definitely has a lot of room for improvement..

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank AnonNA
Reviewed 17 September 2010

Never having been to Israel, we did not know what to expect about any aspect of our trip, but I had heard the David was one of the best hotels - if not the best - in Tel Aviv, so I felt safe in the knowledge that we would have a comfortable stay at least. And we did - but overall it was no better than average. And I cannot believe this is the best Tel Aviv has to offer. From the outside, it's just another concrete tower. It is souless - perhaps to be expected from a chain, but also impersonal. The front desk staff are polite, but no more. The waiting staff at breakfast however were extremely friendly and helpful, and the breakfast itself is fantastic. On the plus side, the location is great, and we loved the neighbourhood of Neve Tzedek. The room was average - fine, but no more than that considering it's not cheap, and unfortunately we had an adjoining door to the next room so we were paranoid about noise. The bathroom was a good size with a good choice of complimentary toiletries. The pool area is right on a busy junction, which feels bizarre, and is not the most relaxing! It is clean, and the pool is lovely - but you can't get away from the fact you're sunbathing at a junction!
I can't believe this is the best of Tel Aviv. If we go again, I'll look for something a bit more boutique. This felt like a very 'business' hotel. I'm usually pretty easy to please - this just did nothing for me.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple