“Just excellent”

Ranked #11 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Rockville, Maryland
“Just excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2012

We stayed twice at this hotel. One night in the beginning of our trip and one night right before leaving for the US. I really like this establishment for several reasons. It is very conveneintly located (just a few steps from the beach across the road); staff is professional, polite, helpful and knowledgeable; rooms are not small, our suite had enough space for three adults; everything in the bathroom was clean, spotless; coffee and tea selection in the lobby (24 hour self-service) of very good quality; free wi-fi in the room; free beach towels. I think it is a very good value for money paid. Underground parking is not the greatest but if you are not driving a Suburban it should not be a problem (at least by the Israeli standards). Besides help is available from the staff member if you need it in the garage. If I go next time to Tel Aviv I'll stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2012

Great location, clean rooms, and free wifi in all of the hotel rooms- not just free wifi in the lobby! Definitely would stay here again- Best Western has always had a good reputation with me! The staff was very helpful

• Stayed October 2012
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2012

Have stayed in a load of hotels in Tel-Aviv, once you move away from the big brands it usually ends up being a terrible experience. I thought the same was going to be true of the Regency Suites, but it was actually very good indeed. Great location just by the beach, close to some great spots - such as Molly's. Very clean place, rooms well equipped, and being suites, had a separate living room, and small kitchen as well as balcony. I was lucky having a high floor facing the sea. Would be a good choice for an extended stay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank mac1066
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2012

If you are looking for a Tel Aviv hotel thats a short walk to the Medeteranian, then this place is for you. It's a gem. Clean and well kept. Very reasonable. The staff was friendly, professional and attentive to our needs. We arrived early and were well received. Our room was upgraded to a top floor corner with a breathtaking view of the Medeteranian. Looking out from the spacious terrace we could see the sky kiss the sea.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Ontario, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

This was our first trip to Israel and finding this hotel as we drove from Jerusalem turned out to be much more difficult to find than I had expected. Followed by a harrowing experience just trying to "park" the car in the free underground parking. OMG, you can actually see where all the previous cars have smashed into the walls (a rubber bumper lines it now) and our rental car was rather large. Once we finally got the car parked we all decided we will NOT be doing that again until it's time to go to the airport. If the parking were better I would give this hotel a 5 star! The staff were very helpful. The coffee in the Lobby (Lattes, capuccinos etc) was wonderful and the lobby itself was very nice. The staff were extremely helpful printing out my El Al boarding passes when it was time to go. The location: Awesome, directly across the street from the Meditteranean Sea!! Our room actually had a view of the ocean as well. There were tons of excellent restaurants within walking distance. We took a cab (a few miles) to the Jaffa artist district and then we walked it back to the hotel. Our rooms were a little pricey, but then we were there during the holidays. The room: clean, large, great bed and a nice kitchen. I would definitely recommend this hotel (except the parking!) to anyone staying in Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our view of the ocean from our room
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Haifa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

The Regency Suites is a reasonably priced hotel for Tel Aviv located across the street from the beach, walking distance to sites in central Tel Aviv with an amazingly helpful staff. Having the top floor suite provided a great space that separates into two separate sleeping units, with a kitchenette and great balcony. This is great for a family with children or two couples.

Although there are more chic hotels in Tel Aviv, they cost more and the Regency makes up for it by starting to renovate and having TA very helpful staff.

Room Tip: If you like views of the sea take a top floor suite that comes with a balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

I have never written any reviews before until this time when I really feel I should. I'm currently staying at this hotel for 2 nights. When I arrived the other day at 6am after a long flight and got to the hotel I knew that I had a booking that day with check in at 2pm. As I arrived early in the morning - having spoken to hotels.com representative I was informed that I could check in early and pay 15% of the total price. As it turned out I must have misunderstood the representative as she meant I have a 15% discount from the total price if I book the early check in for 6 hours.
When I got to the hotel I was told that the early check in will cost me nearly USD 160 after the 15% discount. As I was honestly not ready to pay this amount I just said that I will check in normal time as I was booked.
The manager offered me to stay in the lobby - have some coffee, use the internet and he would try to have the room ready for me at 11am. I was ok with that. After about 40 minutes - the manager came up to me and said that there was a cancellation and I can have the room now free of charge and have a rest ( this was 7am).
I would just like to say thank you for the warm welcome, all the staff are very welcoming but a big thank you to Moshe who was on duty that morning.
I had requested the sea view initially when I booked, but the room that was available was on the 2nd floor facing the city, but having the room early was better than having a sea view.
Thank you for taking the time to read this once again...

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business