“A great stay in tel aviv” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel

Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel
Ranked #55 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Paris, France
“A great stay in tel aviv”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

We had a wonderful surprise with this hotel totally redecorated , his nice rooms, his indoor and outdoor swimming pools ...... Definitely a place to go
The Israeli breakfast is delicious, the hotel is just on the nice beach promenade which is totally rebuild in tel aviv center . You can go walking to the flee market and to the nice restaurants in the center , don't forget to send an evening in Yafo you can get there by cab.....

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the upper levels
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Laurence B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We stayed at the property for two nights in Mid-August. Although the property is a of a certain age, our room had been nicely updated and was light, bright and spotless. Views, of course, were spectacular. Best of all however, was the warm and professional staff - from the moment of check-in onward. Our needs were anticipated and the staff responded to every request with grace. All of this while the hotel was packed with guests. The only issue was with the dining room staff during breakfast. I elected to eat alone the first morning while my husband went for a run, and I was apparently invisible to the staff. Because breakfast was a buffet, I had no problem in serving myself, but when I did make a request of the staff (for cream for the coffee I served myself), the server acknowledged my request and then proceeded to ignore me during the rest of the meal. It struck me as incongruous with the rest of the service during our stay, so I've elected to think that the staff was busy and my treatment was the result of an oversight - and not the intentional treatment of a single female dining alone. To be fair, I did not raise the issue with the dining room captain immediately as I normally would have done, so I failed to afford the management team to address the issue in a timely fashion. All in all, this is a good Marriott property with a great staff. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Damascus, Syria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

From the minute you walk into the Lobby you see a commanding view of the Mediterranean Sea!! Really gets you in a great mood to have a solid stay!!

The reception was seamless and very efficient. My room was on an upper floor as I had requested and there was a nice upgrade to a room with a great Sea View.

Everything in the room worked and I accomplished a lot of work while in my room.

The Executive Lounge was a tad-bit small and the appetizers were just OK.

The breakfast in the lower lever restaurant was very solid. I had breakfast on a Friday morning so all stations were operating!!

Check out was fast and expeditious.

Next time in Tel Aviv I strongly suggest the Renaissance Tel Aviv!!

Thomas

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a solid Sea View!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank ThomasfromDamascus
edmonton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

The hotel is situated on the best part of the beach with excellent access to the beach and promenade. I found the rooms to be very small and housekeeping very week. The streaks on the bathroom mirror remained untouched while we were there. It became apparent whenever a shower was run. Clumps of hair and garbage on the balcony. 1.5 to 2 star at best. Beds worn out as was the decor. Would not recommend in spite of great location

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Northern NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We spent only one night at this hotel but had a beautiful room and great breakfast the next morning. The staff were wonderful, helped us achieve goals and offered advice which was very accurate. The beach was lovely in spite of the construction going on. We recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Upper floors have great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Truly a great hotel. Well located with an enterance on the beach, friendly staff, great breakfast and pleasent enviroment. Great for a family gathering. Only one comment, they charge for use of the internet which I found to be annoying.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Abilene, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

We arrived the day before our wedding, and my two brothers-in-law got us two nights here as a wedding present. They upgraded us for free to a bit nicer room and sent up complimentary fruit because we were getting married. The room was pretty nice, nothing crazy, although from our balcony you could see all the way from Tel Aviv to the point of Jaffa, so that was really pretty (room 1302, if you're interested).

The hotel is pricey, but you're on the beachfront in Tel Aviv, so that's something you're going to pay for. I thought the staff was very courteous, and the bed was comfortable (for people like me with twitchy backs). The breakfast is great, a full-up Israeli/Mediterranean spread with omelettes made at your request. For those new to Israel, don't expect any meat for breakfast, as is customary, but LOTS of delicious bread.

The point is that I would recommend this hotel, especially if you like the beach, but I probably would not go stay again just because of the price.

Room Tip: Look for a south-facing window/balcony and try to get something on the northwest corner of the build...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple