1,074 results
All reviewsindoor poolmarriott pointsthe executive loungebit dateddirect access to the beachbeach frontgreat location on the beachgordon beachbreakfast buffetbeach viewsmall balconymediterranean searooms are nicebusiness loungeisraelpromenadejaffa
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed 5 nights at this hotel right on the beach. The location is excellent. The hotel is a bit tired, but the location makes up for it. The bathrooms could use some updating, and mine had some hairs left over from the past tenant. During my stay there was always an odour that smelled like heavy oil that I assumed came from the elevators or something, but it seemed more pronounced on the higher floors. The lounge in the hotel is quite small, and they tend to run out of the better beer right away. The buffet breakfast (included with room) was excellent and very large with lots of veriety every morning. Of course they don't have bacon or ham, but they do have some nice cheeses and a some different hot egg dishes each day. My room had a beautiful view of the sunset over the sea and I looked down to the old town along the beach. There are many restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

To be fair, I redeemed Marriott points for 4 nights of my stay and paid $300 for the fifth night. That said, I thought this was an excellent hotel. The location is perfect - right on the beach, and an easy landmark to find if you feel like wandering around the city. Just a few blocks away on Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff streets there are a variety of great restaurants. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the wireless (which I received for free as a Gold member) speed was strong. The breakfast buffet (again, free to Gold members) was a fantastic smorgasbord - I could have stayed in there eating for hours. The staff were superbly friendly, especially Dan, who checked us in. I loved that the cleaning staff came by during the evenings to offer extra clean towels - always a bonus. We used the premier lounge on the top floor. They say that "light refreshments" are served from 6-8 pm - what an understatement! You could have made a complete dinner with what they put out. It was also nice to be able to head up there and grab a soda or water. The gym was well-equipped and maintained as far as hotel gyms go. The only downside I found at this hotel was the gym hours - they were open 6 am - 8 pm Sun - Fri and 7 am - 5 pm on Saturday. These are pretty restrictive hours - I never understand hotels that don't keep their gyms open 24 hours a day. No one was monitoring the gym so there was no need for it to close. Other than that, absolutely zero complaints on this hotel. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat (hopefully with enough Marriott points to get a few free nights :)

Room Tip: We were in 1013 and it faced north, but we could still see some beach from our window. Unlike in the U.S., it's not evens on one side and odds on the other, so it's hard to talk about which side is better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lacey_Underall
Aby H, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback. it is of great importance to us .
We look forward to welcoming you soon again to the taste, service,and view of the Renaissance Tel Aviv
Sincrely
Aby Haddy.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Out of all the Boardwalk hotels I think this is the best one, right in the middle of the bordwalk on the Gordon Beach, has exit direct to the beach. Hi floors are renovated recently in good taste and comfort. The recommended restaurans near by are Gordo and the Fitzroy.

Room Tip: South rooms have view till Jaffa
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Spent seven nights at this hotel and was very pleased with the choice. Staff is friendly and accommodating and rooms are spacious and comfortable. We enjoyed the daily breakfast buffet, which was really great and included extensive food choices offered at the price of 100 NIS until 11:00 each day. The location is perfect for exploration of the beach area as well as Jaffa and the Port. If you're up for it, bike rental stations are nearby and afford you the chance to explore other neighborhoods or get where you need to be faster (sometimes if traffic is heavy) and more affordably than by taxi. Bus stops near the hotel get you further afield. I was very happy with this hotel choice and hope others are as well.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Winter1631
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel is located on the beach, which is nice. The beds are nice, but overall the hotel is somewhat outdated. There is free, but somewhat slow WiFi available in the lobby. The restaurant and bar are not very inviting. Check-in and check-out were fine.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family