1,076 results
All reviewsindoor poolmarriott pointsthe executive loungebit dateddirect access to the beachbeach frontgreat location on the beachgordon beachbreakfast buffetbeach viewsmall balconymediterranean searooms are nicebusiness loungeisraelpromenadejaffa
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the last leg of my trip. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Great location. First room we were assigned had a broken toilet and a full minibar. Once they saw the toilet we were moved immediately. The second room had a working toilet and empty minibar. The public space is nice. The rooms are tired. Only one electric outlet for recharging phones, iPads etc. Unless you unplug something. The internet fee only allows one device. This should be per room not per device. They need to catch up. This hotel was ala carte. Pay for breakfast, internet etc. Others charge more in Telaviv and just include. If they updated the rooms and revised the internet policy, it's a gem. Staff makes the place. Well trained.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Ed G
Aby H, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our stagg.
It is our passion and pleasure to give our guests the highest standard of service.
Our rooms and public areas are ongoing upgrading and renovations and I hope to have you among our guests soon again.
I

Reviewed 5 April 2014

This was my first time in Tel Aviv, and by the time I left, I felt like a pro--thanks to the staff and accommodations. Perfect trip. The facilities are well kept, the staff is informative and respectful, and location is central--you can literally walk everywhere from the hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 4 April 2014 via mobile

For $325 this is absolutely the worst value in the Marriott brand.

1-Our room looks like something from the 1980s (maybe this is a commentary on all hotels in TLV and not just this one, but hotels that are creating profit centers by not reinvesting the proper capitol into their room product are ruining their brand value, the only decent hotel we've stayed at in this country was the Ritz-Carlton. It was only $25 more a night that this hotel). Literally, this room looks NOTHING like the photos online for the room we booked/selected. It like like a reject from the Golden Girls. I have no idea why they don't specify whether your room will have been a renovated room (or not) in online booking. Online it simply said the hotel was renovated in 2013 (not our room).

2-Ice?!?!? Every other Marriott I've been to has an ice machine on each floor (and an ice bucket in the room). This is a disappointment -- having to call for ice seems obnoxious (or like you're expected to tip each time).

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank scollin1983
Aby H, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback.
We are in the process of upgrading and renovating our rooms and public areas and I do hope that next time you will a surprise and enjoy your stay with us

Aby Haddy
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed 5 nights at this hotel right on the beach. The location is excellent. The hotel is a bit tired, but the location makes up for it. The bathrooms could use some updating, and mine had some hairs left over from the past tenant. During my stay there was always an odour that smelled like heavy oil that I assumed came from the elevators or something, but it seemed more pronounced on the higher floors. The lounge in the hotel is quite small, and they tend to run out of the better beer right away. The buffet breakfast (included with room) was excellent and very large with lots of veriety every morning. Of course they don't have bacon or ham, but they do have some nice cheeses and a some different hot egg dishes each day. My room had a beautiful view of the sunset over the sea and I looked down to the old town along the beach. There are many restaurants within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2014

To be fair, I redeemed Marriott points for 4 nights of my stay and paid $300 for the fifth night. That said, I thought this was an excellent hotel. The location is perfect - right on the beach, and an easy landmark to find if you feel like wandering around the city. Just a few blocks away on Ben Yehuda and Dizengoff streets there are a variety of great restaurants. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the wireless (which I received for free as a Gold member) speed was strong. The breakfast buffet (again, free to Gold members) was a fantastic smorgasbord - I could have stayed in there eating for hours. The staff were superbly friendly, especially Dan, who checked us in. I loved that the cleaning staff came by during the evenings to offer extra clean towels - always a bonus. We used the premier lounge on the top floor. They say that "light refreshments" are served from 6-8 pm - what an understatement! You could have made a complete dinner with what they put out. It was also nice to be able to head up there and grab a soda or water. The gym was well-equipped and maintained as far as hotel gyms go. The only downside I found at this hotel was the gym hours - they were open 6 am - 8 pm Sun - Fri and 7 am - 5 pm on Saturday. These are pretty restrictive hours - I never understand hotels that don't keep their gyms open 24 hours a day. No one was monitoring the gym so there was no need for it to close. Other than that, absolutely zero complaints on this hotel. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat (hopefully with enough Marriott points to get a few free nights :)

Room Tip: We were in 1013 and it faced north, but we could still see some beach from our window. Unlike in the U.S., it's not evens on one side and odds on the other, so it's hard to talk about which side is better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lacey_Underall
Aby H, Front Office Manager at Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Thank you for your positive feedback. it is of great importance to us .
We look forward to welcoming you soon again to the taste, service,and view of the Renaissance Tel Aviv
Sincrely