Renaissance Tel Aviv Hotel
US$232
US$315
US$297
  • Beachfront
The Maxim Hotel(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$491
US$465
Travelocity
1,015 results
All reviewsindoor poolmarriott pointsthe executive loungedirect access to the beachbit datedgreat location on the beachgordon beachbreakfast buffetbeach viewsmall balconymediterranean searooms are nicebusiness loungeisraelpromenadejaffabalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed here almost two weeks and had a wonderful time. My view was great and there was an exit right onto the beach. The staff was friendly, especially the bar staff, they were wonderful and very friendly. The rooms are what you would expect for the area, nothing really special. However, I would stay here again, just because of the wonderful staff. My room as a bit warm, I just had to keep the shades pulled so the sun wouldn't heat the room up so much during the day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just returned from a 9 day stay and wished it had been longer. Staff, cleanliness, food and location couldn't have been better. The view from my room was amazing. Travelling alone can sometimes be a problem, but not here. I will definately return.

Room Tip: South facing have the best views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Enjoyed my nearly two week stay here. Staff was attentive and very helpful. Hotel is dated and worn but staff more than makes up for this. What is unexplainable is the horrible internet connection! What major hotel chain in 2014, especially a Marriott property has horrible wifi? Internet is slow and only decently worked when I stood in the bathroom. Internet is a necessity today, not sure why they have not invested the money needed to upgrade this. With the rates they charge this should be easily accomplished.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JPears
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Tel Aviv is a new city barely 100 years old. Its major hotels are much newer than that and, architecturally, have no redeeming features. The setting is yards from the brutalist Atarim Square which contrasts rather unfavourably with a well manicured beach. The Renaissance is in a line which contains several competitors in the light of which it might try harder. Our room was only adequate but did have a sea view. It was comfortably appointed but housekeeping was dreadfully inconsistent. For the first five or six days, one or more items were not refreshed correctly. There was no evidence that the maid was following a scripted routine. Also inconsistent was the internet. I note with interest the comments from 'ontheotherside' which match exactly our experience. It was capable of working well but there were long periods in which it worked in no meaningful way. The most helpful people were the bellboys who looked after our car and quickly learned to recognise us and the vehicle. I was frustrated to find no shaver point in the bathroom. I learned that the 3rd floor had been refurbished but beyond an assertion that our room 'should have one (shaver point) no real explanation was given. I should explain that my shaver is American and I was able to borrow a suitable adapter from the bell desk. The shower was absolutely excellent. The bed was very comfortable.

We had a breakfast rate but became aware that meal prices were expensive at an already expensive hotel and chose not to eat there at other times. The Shabbat buffet dinner is NIS200 (about £40) per head. Some guides say that tourists in Tel Aviv should be little affected by observance of Shabbat but I found that it impinged on my comings and goings and my meal plans. Breakfast, which is routinely dairy and fruit based (no meat) is elaborate but also reduced for Shabbat. These are more general tourist comments as I imagine experiences would be similar in the nearby hotels.

The Renaissance is expensive and payment is in dollars (not uncommon in Tel Aviv) and it would be well worth consulting reviews of nearby hotels before making a decision.

Room Tip: If you do choose the Renaissance, I suggest a high floor - which is unlikely to improve the WiFi - otherwise you might consider choosing another hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John_Oram_Eats
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I loved this hotel. It was on the beach and had lovely patio area to sit and watch the sunset.
The room was great and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast was included and very good - there's no hot food on Shabbat. Wifi is free in the lobby. There's beach access, but the beach is public and you pay a daily rate for beach chair and umbrella (18 NIS for both).

Room Tip: Pay a bit extra and include the club lounge in your stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends