Free cancellation until 22/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$300
US$250
  • Breakfast included
The Rothschild 71(Tel Aviv)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$333
US$217
US$167
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$226/night.

US$206
US$176
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$206/night.

US$279
US$243
US$327
US$279
Atlas.co.il
1,768 results
All reviewsrooftop poolseparate buildingroyal floorblue skyoverlooking the marinagordon poolmediterranean seabreakfast restaurantamazing breakfastbreakfast is servedtop floorisraeli breakfastold portbreakfast roomthe executive loungebusiness loungebeach
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I am writing this review while waiting for our room to be ready. We arrived in Tel Aviv and were to be greeted by a car and driver sent by the Carlton. No one was there. This was despite a call I made last night to the concierge at the Carlton confirming the pickup. When I arrived at the hotel the front desk person demanded that I produce the confirmation of the pickup. Since we we were already at the hotel I wasn't sure why that was necessary but I ultimately found it. I also mentioned (and gave a copy of the confirmation) that the hotel was to arrange a private tour to Jerusalem for tomorrow. Again there was no record of this despite my showing the confirmation. We were told that our room would be ready in 30 minutes. So far it's been 60 minutes and no sign of the room. I inquired about the gym hours and was told that the hotel would waive the daily $10 fee for the gym. I said "that's good because I would refuse to pay it". For $500 per night they are charging an extra $10 to use the gym. The hotel staff member defended this by saying "I was just in the US and the charged extra for the Gym." I am not sure what that has to do with anything but I sure hope the rest of the stay here goes more smoothly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Robert K
Jeremy S, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Robert K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your comments on trip advisor and I have passed on all relevant information to our management team to review.

I was pleased to learn that the rest of your stay (after the time of this review) was a pleasant and successful one and hope that on your next visit to Israel you will return to us once again.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We spent a few days at the newly refurbished Carlton Hotel in Tel Aviv. We had been there ten years ago, and the changes are incredible. The positives about the hotel are the location on the Tel Aviv seafront promenade, and the service- which from top to bottom was truly first rate. The staff at the restaurant on the 2nd floor should be singled out as unfailingly helpful and polite, whatever the request. The rooftop pool is amazing- again, the service around the pool was top notch. And the room amenities, particularly the fresh fruit and chocolate upon arrival, were all wonderful. If you stay on the Royal floor and have access to the lounge, that's an added perk. The only reasons I didn't give the hotel the highest rating are the room sizes and the slight seediness of this particular stretch of the promenade. As I said, the hotel was recently remodeled, and the room are fairly tiny- there is not much that can be done about that. We stayed in a one bedroom suite, which was made by removing what had been a connecting door to the second bedroom, which left two rooms separated by an open doorway in a kind of odd way. The bedroom itself was tiny- the chair next to the bed was very comfortable, but there was simply no room for it in the room which made its placement awkward. The working desk was placed right at the open doorway, so it didn't allow for any privacy or quiet if one person was trying to relax in bed while the person at the desk was working/on the phone. There was a TV in the second room which faced the desk, not the couches, which was also awkward. As an added oddity, there were no bedside lamps, just hanging lights, that, although attractive, didn't allow for bedtime reading by one person (the lights were either both on or off, and only one side of the bed had the on/off switch). Just another bizarre touch to the room. Lastly, the particular stretch of the promenade that the hotel is on has a somewhat seedy element. There was a faint urine scent detectable from the outside of the hotel, and homeless people were sleeping on the benches opposite the hotel near the beach front. Perhaps not much can be done about that, but it is one of the reasons I couldn't give the Carlton the highest rating I would have like to.

Room Tip: Beach views are the best, of course. The hotel rooms begin on the 6th floor. Our room on the 8th floor had a lovely view, but the higher the better generally.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Dear chookoo57,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us, here on Tripadvisor. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. Your comments regarding the suite have been passed on to our maintenance team in order to help us improve the experience for our future guests, although we were somewhat surprised to learn that you found the rooms to be small since they are amongst the largest of rooms in Tel Aviv hotels. We very much hope that we will see you again amongst our guests in the future.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We really had a great relationship with the staff. Extremely helpful and friendly. The view(s)are spectacular, including sunset. Great food and buffets.
We were surprised for the Internet charge. In much cheaper hotels it is complimentary.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Igor P,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Carlton Tel Aviv and hope that you will visit us again in the near future. With regards to the WIFI charge, as has been mentioned in previous reviews, our rates are significantly lower than in other surrounding properties, but your comments have been passed on to our management team.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed many time in this hotel for business, I always found an excellent relationship with the hotel staff. It is wonderful to make the breakfast really in front of the beach with a lot of food choices.
The rooms are large, very clean and modern, I like it both with sea view or city view!
The only remark that I made is that they are not flexible in case of early return, in fact last time they charge the last night that I cancelled. This kind of elasticity is very important for business travel and it could force me to select another hotel next time.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear andy_us1111,

It is always our pleasure to have you as our guest at the Carlton. With regards to cancellation charges, we always do our very best to be as flexible as possible with cancellations, but sometimes it is simply not possible for us to waive the fees, which is common with almost every hotel around the world. We very much hope that you will return to us on your future business (and pleasure) trips.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

What a wonderful surprise to come upon this hotel! Perfectly situated on the ocean with a unbelievable views, buffet breakfast on the beach, immaculate rooms, i was on the 13th, and a rooftop swimming pool that is spectacular!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jeremy S, Public Relations Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear glenn g,

Thank you very much for your review. We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very proud of all of our facilities and are pleased that you enjoyed them as well.

We hope that you will continue to choose the Carlton Tel Aviv for your future visits to Israel.