“Very nice hotel..... great location..... on the Mediterranean”
Review of Carlton Tel Aviv

Carlton Tel Aviv
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very nice hotel..... great location..... on the Mediterranean”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice hotel..... our room was very small..... located on the Mediterranean and easy walking to other hotels/eating... overlooks a marina.... beach at hotel not swimming friendly (for surfers only) but a short walk to other beaches. Lobby and other common areas not that interesting but the buffet breakfast was to die for. In another building closer to water with a beautiful view. Breakfast was outstanding... the food and the presentation made for a great experience. Overall though the price was too expensive but so was everything in Israel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ronit S, Marketing Communications Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear pittfan1975,

It was our pleasure to have you as our guest at the Carlton Tel Aviv, and we are absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our breakfast. We hope that it won't be too long before you return to Tel Aviv, and that when you do we will have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This is a good hotel (in a standard room) overlooking the sea (beautiful views) and with excellent food (although room ceanliness not that great). However all the good staff 's (epecially the reception and the bar staff) efforts count for nought when my Apple phone was left in our hotel room when we had to check out at 2.30am to catch a flight. When I rang the hotel as soon as I got to the airport (30 mins later) to get them to locate it and send it onto me, they offered to do so. I rang back before I boarded the plane and thought the bell boy said he had found it (after all I used it to set my wake up alarm and it was by my bed). We agreed that I would send an email saying where I would be next and saying I would pay by FED EX to have it sent on. I rang as soon as I landed in Amsterdam as I hadn't had a reply to my email and was then was told by a senior bell boy they could not locate it. I asked them to check again and 10 days later still no advice. So watch your room belongings! Also check your change from the gift shop. I checked mine and argued but my unfamilarity with the local currancy meant I was out $4US. Tel Aviv is a great city, pity about the ethics of the hotel staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ronit S, marketing Communications Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear RJS0343,

We were extremely sorry to learn of the incident with your Apple phone and apologize for the inconvenience.
At the Carlton Tel Aviv, excellent service is our top priority and we would welcome further information regarding the incident in order to investigate it, and to ensure that such incidents will not occur in the future.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Stayed at the Carlton for a week. The hotel is a very solid four star. Service was impecable. Rooms are rather small and cleaniness is not 100%. But overall great choice in a good location. Breakfast was great by the ocean.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sariano
Ronit S, Marketing Communications Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Sariano,

Thank you for choosing the Carlton Tel Aviv and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.
We were pleased to read that you were happy with you choice and hope to have the pleasure of hosting you again at the Carlton Tel Aviv.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

First time stay at the Carlton, loving it. Staff great, view from the pool amazing and the breakfast restaurant by the sea fantastic. Anybody wanting a great holiday or business meeting by the sea should stay at the Carlton tel aviv

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear tonnyruffman,

Thank you so much for this amazing review of the Carlton Tel Aviv.
Your review almost sounds like a promotion of the Carlton Tel Aviv Hotel.
We were delighted that you had a nice time and look forward at welcoming you again at the Carlton Tel Aviv.
Cape Town
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at he Carlton Hotel in April. It was Passover and the hotel was full. I have stayed at this establishment twice before and must say that we were a little disappointed this time. The room cleaning left a lot to be desired and somehow it's lost that little edge that it had before. The pool area was difficult to find a place although it is a beautiful on the 15 floor with a view of the whole of Tel Aviv. It was overpriced and I think that you can find better value in the streets around Hayarkon Street.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear CapeTownAl,

Thank you for being our guest at the Carlton Tel Aviv and for taking the time to review your stay with us. We were sorry to learn of your disappointment with the pool and the housekeeping, and have passed on your comments to the relevant departments in order to assist us to improve the experience for our future guests.
We hope that we will have the opportunity of hosting you again in the future.
Reviewed 24 May 2014

My wife and I visit Tel Aviv each year to see family and friends and to see sites and enjoy the City. We stayed in the Carlton Hotel last year, and I reviewed it here in Trip Advisor. Our ten-day stay last year was great and so we decided to come here again this time around. It's just a great hotel and I have nothing negative to say about it. It's really that simple. It's a great hotel in virtually every respect from the friendliness and professionalism of the hotel's staff all the way through. The breakfasts are as good as it gets, even in a City where breakfasts are something special this one stands out. The breakfast at the Carlton will put you in a great mood from the very beginning of the day with it's enormous variety of top-quality and great choices. I mean it...it's terrific!

Our room was large, immaculate, and thoroughly comfortable. The bathroom is equally immaculate and comfortable.

There's a new restaurant on the top floor with a new pool up there as well with great views of the sea and of the City. The beer and mixed drinks were excellent and fun and the staff at the bar up there and at the lobby-level bar, as well, were just delightful. We didn't get to have dinner at the new restaurant on the top level of the hotel because of enormous family obligations, but we heard from other guests that it's great. We did have a number of opportunities to sit at the bar with others and if that's any reflection of the overall experience up there then I'd bet that the food's great too.

Once again, I'll note that I think the Carlton's location right there on the Tayelet promenade is great and the short walk to the Namal Khadash ("New Port" with it's restaurants, cafes, bars and shops) is excellent.

One day, we walked from the hotel, southward to Jaffa along the Tayelet for a fantastic experience all along the way.

I'm posting some photos along with this review because I've already yapped enough. I'll just add that even if the hotel's exterior isn't the most architecturally beautiful in the world, staying there is something that I recommend without one single negative word.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the City rather than the sea. The view of this dynamic City was great and I did...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Avrumeleh B
Dear Avrumelh,

"Now, THIS is a review!!"
What more can we ask for - such a positive review is always pleasure to read.
We are constantly investing in updating and upgrading our facilities and we are delighted that you noticed our completely rennovated 15th floor rooftop which includes both our sea view swimming pool area and Tel Aviv city view Blue Sky by Meir Adoni restaurant.
We look forward to seeing you again soon amongst our guests.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Lovely hotel, right on beach, great breakfast with very good coffee selection. Friendly and helpful staff. Walking distance to shopping and restaurants.
Street side was noisy, but double windows kept out sound.
Lovely rooftop pool.
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Beach side more attractive and quiet but more expensive. Street side was fine
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dieter,

Thank you for choosing the Carlton Tel Aviv for your stay and for sharing your experience with others.
It is always so lovely to read such a positive review from which it is abviuos that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to be hosting you again on your future visits to Tel Aviv.