“Oh so dated”
Review of Carlton Tel Aviv

Carlton Tel Aviv
Ranked #24 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I spent a few nights at the Carlton in Tel Aviv in May.

The hotel is located on the beachfront and has a lovely outlook. It is close to some of the nicest beaches in the city and the marina.

The rooftop pool and restaurant offer great views of the city.

I stayed in an executive room and had access to the executive lounge which was a nice bonus.

Breakfast was generous and served in a pleasant, airy room on the beach.

Room service was prompt and delicious.

The hotel is somewhat dated in its decor and looking tired. It had a 1980s feel about it.

Housekeeping was generally reliable but the room was dusty on arrival.

The balcony was small and there was no bath on the room.

I was overcharged on checking out. I was asked to pay VAT but it is not payable by for reign guests. I has to email the hotel on my arrival home to request a refund.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank PaulN
Ronit S, Marketing Communications Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear PaulN,

Thank you for your review and for choosing the Carlton Tel Aviv.
We were happy to read that on the overall you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that you will allow us another chance to give you an excellent experience of the Carlton Tel Aviv on your future visit to Tel Aviv.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,615)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I work for a company that organizes a week long international conference in Tel Aviv, for 16 years now. We have guests from the USA, Europe and Canada coming over to Israel.
This May was the second time we worked with the Carlton, hosting our 26 international guests.
we will certainly work with them again. We have lots of experience with hotels in this city and the Carlton tops them all with the most professional, kind and generous hospitality. They have a way of making you feel right at home. The rooms are spacious and luxurious (we highly recommend the sea view...) and the breakfast is probably the best in Tel Aviv, maybe best in Israel- a huge buffet to choose from.
The entire staff- from the receptionist to the waiter and bellboy are friendly and attentive.
In short- when coming to Tel-Aviv stay at the Carlton. we surly will.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Ronit S, Marketing Communications Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear DafnaZ,

We very much appreciate your positive and detailed review.
We at the Carlton always strive to extend the best service to our guests and we believe that it should be done with a smile and in a professional way.
We look forward at hosting you and your guests on your future confereces in Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We just spent five nights at the Carlton and were very impressed. We paid extra and got a deluxe room with a wonderful view over the ocean. The bed was extremely comfortable, the room had free wifi (not true in all hotels in Israel), and the shower was great. There is also a very nice swimming pool on the rooftop with great views over the city. There’s a small gym too, which we didn’t use. There’s a $10/day fee for that (the only thing about the hotel I didn’t like). But the true highlight was the breakfast, included in the room rate. First, the location: you walk out of the hotel across to a separate building right on the beach, so the views are fantastic--imagine sipping your cappuccino overlooking the waves. Second, the food: Israeli breakfasts are famous for their size and variety, but this has to be one of the best. It definitely tops the Hilton’s. The service was great too, especially at breakfast—very attentive but not intrusive. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Cocosun,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and share your experience with other travellers.
It is a great pleasure reading a positive review like yours and we most definitely look forward at hosting you again on your future visits to Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

excellent experience at the Carlton hotel. recently checked in and had a gorgeous view of the beach. staff was friendly and helpful. came back again 2 weeks later with another stunning view and suite. room service is easy and delicious. would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ronit S, Marketing Communications Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Sydney P,

It was a pleasure hosting you at the Carlton as a returning guest.
We appreciate your kind review and trust that you are considering the Carlton Tel Aviv as your home away from home.
Looking forward at hosting you again at the Carlton Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Carlton is a first class hotel in very regard! We stayed three nights and wish we had more time. The lobby and public areas are beautiful decorated, very modern and spacious. Our room overlooked the Mediterranean and we enjoyed coffee on the balcony. Our room was well appointed with every need considered and amenity in place. The front desk was attentive and prompt. On our first night, housekeeping STOPPED BY to see if we needed anything! The rooftop pool was well run and offered beautiful views all the way up and down the coast-especially impressive at night! The food was AMAZING! Though I have usually found Mediterranean beaches lacking, the beach here was beautiful, expansive, well-maintained, and rich in amenities. We will be back!

Room Tip: The ocean view was magnificent. Choose and upper floor. We were very happy on nine. On some of the l...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mike S,
What a positive title to start your review with... and you continue by writing about your enjoyment of the decor, the views, the service, the food, the beach and the rooftop pool.
We most certainly hope to have you again amongst our guests on your future visits to Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Recently completed a 4 night stay. Check in was easy and hotel staff is friendly and attentive. The breakfast every morning was excellent and carried is through to the mid afternoon. Rooms are clean and well stocked. The beds could be a bit better, I prefer( for the price we paid) more of a pillow top mattress. I guess I'm used to a "Westin Quality " bed . Overall I would consider this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2014
Ronit S, Marketing Communicatiosn Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear excelden,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again at the Carlton Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I don't usually write reviews, but the service at the Carlton was so amazing that I had to share. My family and I spent a week at this hotel. The rooms are gorgeous and we were upgraded to sea view, which is spectacular. The breakfasts are unbelievable. One day I came late to breakfast and they had run out of drinkable yogurt. The next day the manager was waiting at the door for me with a drinkable yogurt so I wouldn't miss out again! On my birthday they surprised me with a dozen roses, a bottle of wine, and a tray of fabulous mini desserts. They even called me to make sure everything was ok! I have stayed in hotels all over the world and this was some of the best service I have ever had. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Ronit S, Marketing Communications Manager at Carlton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear sshub,

First and foremost I have to thank you for this review since I understand that you usually do not write any reviews.
The Carlton Tel Aviv staff and management invest a lot of resources in giving the best service to our guests and we take great pride in surprising our guests with small and unexpected gestures.
We believe that exceptional experiences make our guests return to the Carlton Tel Aviv.
We look forward at hosting you again at the Carlton Tel Aviv on the Beach.