“At Best Mediocre”

Ranked #64 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Bellevue, Washington
“At Best Mediocre”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

They could not find my reservation upon my arrival. They finally found the best suite in the fourth floor. I barely could manage to move around the bed and the small desk. For three hundred dollars a night I taught it was more expensive than Tokyo, Japan. The hotel is the biggest fraud I experienced in my travels. The shame is it discourages visitors to return to Israel and gives Israel a very bad reputation for taking advantage of tourists. Shame, Shame!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Simon D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
İstanbul
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is very nice but it was unacceptable noisy.. Stayed there 3 nights and every morning i woke up around 5-6 am because of constraction on the street . Maybe it wasnt hotels fault but they would not let this happen. I dont know much other hotels in TelAviv but i believe its expensive . Bathroom was so small in my room , again it was another problem.. Thank you.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Esra_Caliskan
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The lobby smelled like someone washed the floor with a bottle of bad cologne. Rooms were small and old, washrooms not renovated. Pool area was so so. Wouldn't recommend this place even though the location is great. There are better hotels for the same price.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank SDDN
Fattal_Hotel_Chain, Guest Relations Manager at Leonardo Beach Tel Aviv Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear guest,
Thank you for sharing your opinion about the hotel. Our location is for sure the best location in Tel-Aviv; a walk away from the beach and close enough to the Dizingoff street and center which are very popular and active. I truly wish you would have come to the reception and we could have found a room that would please you. All is new at the pool area since it was repaired lately regarding the summer. I hope you will give us another chance!
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago with a prepaid reservation booked through a company travel agency.

When I arrived, the hotel had no record of my reservation--none. Naturally, this happens, but they could not locate anything with the voucher number, and as they were full for the night they arranged for me to stay at the hotel across the street, "as a favor."

Ultimately they never located the voucher, and they charged me again for the stay.

The hotel itself is less than spectacular and certainly not deserving of the 4-star rating that it purports itself to be.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank glex50
Dear guest,
I am sorry for the inconvenience that occurred. When situations like this happen (and as you said they do) and a guest has a confirmation of the reservation, we immediately open a reservation and first give the guest a room and then we deal with the travel agency. Our neighbor hotel, Herods Tel-Aviv, which is part of the same chain, is a 5 star hotel and being moved to there is an upgrade. We work together all the time and I can assure you it was not done "as a favor". If your plans bring you back to Tel-Aviv please contact me directly so we could give you a true Leonardo Basel experience.
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

When we arrived our booking agents had booked the wrong room for us, a double for two and not a triple for three and breakfast for two only. The hotel did everything possible to accomadate us and on the second day they moved us from a very tiny room to a lovely large triple. The staff were very friendly, helpful and kind, particularly Sandra and Yetan the desk manager, (I think that's how you spell his name!! ) They both made our stay a very happy experience and due to them we will stay there again. We had car parking which is very difficult in Tel Aviv and the breakfast was very good.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carol S
Dear guest,
Thank you for writing such a wonderful comment. It was a pleasure meeting you at the breakfast and hearing from you how much you enjoyed your time. Thank you for acknowledging Sandra and Yaniv. They are two of our best, and it’s great to see that were able to have a positive impact on your stay. I hope to see you again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I just returned from a visit to Tel Aviv. I was lucky to have had the Leonardo-Basel suggested to me. The hotel is across the street from the beach with water views from many rooms. I walked to many tourist areas including Dizengoff Square and the Hacarmel market without problem. The air conditioning was excellent. And I loved the breakfast buffet which had pastries, breads, fruit, cheeses, made to order omelets, pancakes and Israeli salads. There is also a dinner buffet which looked great. If you have a chemical sensitivity be sure to ask for the room to not be sprayed with perfume which is very strong.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a higher floor as there is some street noise on the lower floors
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Margo H
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a beautiful review, I am happy you enjoyed your trip to Tel-Aviv and even more that you enjoyed the hotel services. Please let us know when you’ll be returning, and we’ll be sure to give you another amazing experience.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We choose Leonardo Basel because it was close to beach and Old City. Rooms are not big, but clean and functionally equiped - electric kettle, so you can made tea or coffee. Breakfast was fantastic - big dining room, excelent food.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Slawek2014
Dear guest,
I am happy the hotel suited your needs, You are so right about the location, with old Jaffa just a short walk away and the beach across the road. Our breakfast is surely fantastic with a large variety and goodies. We hope to see you again here at Leonardo Basel.