“Excellent Place to Stay”

Cinema Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel
Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
somewhere
“Excellent Place to Stay”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful!!!! A short walk to the beach about 10 mins. The service was excellent and the rooms were clean. It had a great view of Tel Aviv from the terrance. The breakfast was good.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank craig n

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Corby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Our second break at this hotel smack in the middle of Tel Aviv and we found the same friendly welcome and help from the reception staff. Rooms are very clean and comfortable; breakfast choice is very good for an hotel of this size; and as they say, location is everything - close to shops, bars, restaurants and cinema. The hotel itself is a magical building which has been sympathetically restored and retains many artefacts from its days as the Esther cinema. Once again we could not fault the Cinema hotel and look forward to future breaks here.

While there don't forget to check out the wonderfully restored fountain in the middle of Dizengoff Square which responds to music played 4 times daily (times are displayed on a plate just outside the hotel).

Room Tip: Rooms facing Dizengoff Square allow a good view of the restored fountain.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Haynest
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Hotel Cinema for 7 nights. First of all very big compliments to the reception staff who are very very friendly and extremely helpfull!!! On top of that, there is the building itself. A tastefully renovated Bauhaus building which previously hosted a cinema. The building's history has been tastfully integrated into the look & feel of the hotel, an old movie projector in the lobby and old movie posters and historical photographs scattered throughout the hotel. And finally there's the location, the hotel is located on Dizengoff square, which put's it smack in the center of Tel Aviv, a short walk from the beach, the market, ... well from basically everything you need. In short, providing you can afford (or want to spend) the room rate, this is an excellent hotel if you want to stay in a building with character and history and as mentioned before, the reception staff is the friendliest and most helpful I ever met in any hotel I ever stayed at.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Felix N
Milan, Italy
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had read about Cinema Hotel pretty much on every fashion magazine's travel guide section regarding TLV.
It's in a lovely building, in a great location and is run by a very efficient staff...
Our room was really, really tiny but ok for a short stay! The beds were pretty comfy.
Nice view of Tel Aviv from the rooftop terrace...
The hotel's complimentary popcorn at the check-in counter upon arrival was a cute detail too.
Overall very satisfied with our choice....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Soledad I
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently. The room was so tiny we could hardly change our minds. We opened the cupboard and found a dirty pair of shoes with socks. Ugh! The view from our room was overlooking a dark alley.Staff was, however, quite friendly.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lydia M
Atlas_Hotels_Israel, Guest Relations Manager at Cinema Hotel Tel Aviv - an Atlas Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Lydia M,
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your candid feedback. We are happy to hear you were pleased with our staff. We understand that when it comes to room size everyone has their own personal expectations and we respect your opinion and thank you for sharing it with us. Your remarks regarding shoes and socks and have been made aware to management. This is something we have never encountered in the hotel before and thus the situation will be looked into right away and we apologize for any discomfort you may have felt. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Cinema Hotel.

Jordana Neeman, Guest Relations Manager, Atlas Hotels.
San Francisco Bay Area
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I was truly wowed by this hotel--it surpassed all my expectations for an Israeli hotel. I was in Room 107 for a week, and the room was immaculate. The bathroom was small but had probably the best shower I've ever seen in a hotel--a great rainshower overhead as well as a handheld showerhead. Not only that, the shower was over a bathtub that was actually deep enough (and nice enough) to take a bath in, and I did. This room must have been recently renovated and was of a nicer quality overall than most American hotels I have been in lately.

As so many other reviewers have stated, the breakfast buffet is outstanding, and the happy hour on the fourth floor terrace overlooking the fountain is a wonderful treat. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location of the hotel could not be more convenient to everything in downtown Tel Aviv. There were lots of lights in the room, which is a real bonus, as most hotel rooms are too dark. The AC worked great and was needed. The bed and bedding was very comfortable. One whole wall of the room was a mirror, so I didn't have to hunt for a tiny mirror to check my outfit. There was plenty of storage in the closet for all of my things. The elevators were always available. Every time I turned around in this hotel and in my room I was pleasantly surprised by one thing or another.

Even the flat-screen TV, which was nicely mounted on the wall, was of a quality that I often don't see in hotels in the U.S, and had news channels in English, as well as movie channels running a good selection of movies at all hours.

My only complaints were:

- Minor: The fridge in the room was not cold enough, there was no freezer area in the fridge, and there was no microwave. There is an electric kettle, but no coffee maker.

- Minor: Although the bathroom was in great shape, it was very small and compact. One morning the toilet flush mechanism did not work, but I phoned in for a request and then went to breakfast, and by the time I got back it was fixed. The room I was in might be challenging for older folks or for those who might have some limited mobility, as it is quite a large step to get into and out of the deep tub, and getting out onto the balcony is almost like climbing out of a window.

- Major: I asked for a quiet room, and my room had a great balcony with a nice view of the fountain, but my room was directly over a club that partied on well into the night, and it was EXTREMELY loud every night I was there. Luckily, the AC masked the sound just enough that I was able to sleep despite the racket. But if noises keep you up at night, ask for a room away from the nightly party.

Overall I highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again the next time I am in Tel Aviv (which is often, as my daughter lives there). Well done Atlas!

Room Tip: Room 107 is in great shape and has a good view of the fountain but is directly over a club that is v...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank ljweez
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel Cinema is situated at an excellent place at Dizengoff square. Staff is very friendly and helpful, the deck with the afternoon apéro and the gorgious view are just great. Rich breakfast, everything fresh.
Our room was comfortable and nice but a bit small. We will come back.....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family