Hotel Prima City Tel Aviv
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$330
US$307
  • Beachfront
Dizengoff Avenue Hotel(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$269
US$383
US$333
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
US$612
US$930
US$667
InterContinental
  • Pool
The Rothschild 71(Tel Aviv)
US$320
US$298
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$461
US$390
Isrotel Royal
  • Beachfront
Sea Executive Suites(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
US$308
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsstudio roomben yehudasmall balconyfree bikesexcellent locationclean roomsbreakfast was deliciousminute walk to the beachbeach towelsthe air conditioningcentral locationbennymapuisraelprimoseamediterranean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My mother and I recently stayed at the City Hotel for a three-day weekend, my present to her for her 80th birthday. I chose the hotel based on its location and on positive write-ups and reviews I'd read in guidebooks and on the internet. I contacted the hotel ahead of time, explained that I wanted to give my mother a nice experience for her 80th birthday, and asked for two studio rooms with sea views. The hotel responded very kindly and said they would try to do everything they could to accommodate us. We arrived after the long flight from the US, and were very warmly greeted at the front desk. We were given lovely corner rooms, with nice seating areas, small balconies, and nice views of the Mediterranean, which is just down the street. The decor is simple and modern, and the rooms and lobby have a nice beachy feel. The breakfast buffet was the best we encountered during our trip to Israel, where we stayed in several hotels in various parts of the country. We also had dinner in the hotel dining room one night, and it was decent and plentiful food at an affordable price. There is also a very good Italian restaurant down the street within short walking distance. The hotel staff were friendly and courteous, helpful about directions and advice for getting around, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure we had a positive experience. Not knowing Tel Aviv at all, I have to say we lucked out with this hotel, which proved to be even nicer than I'd hoped, conveniently located, and the perfect place for what I wanted, which was to give my mother a nice birthday experience. I recommend it highly.

Room Tip: The corner Studio rooms are well worth the additional money, and I would make sure to ask for one with a sea view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments. I am really delighted you and your mother spent such a special occasion with us at City Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay in your sea view studio rooms. The front desk staff and I knew it would be a special visit for you and we made sure ahead of time to prepare the very best for you which I am pleased you noticed this. Thank you for your kind words about my staff and I am happy to hear they were eager to help you in getting around the area. I will pass on your comments about our breakfast and dinner to our kitchen staff which I know they will be thankful for. I look forward to welcoming you back to the City Hotel in the future and until then, I wish you well. Wishing your mother a happy 80th birthday and many more to come!
Thank you again.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

The hotel has a lovely light, airy feel. All the staff, from receptionists to cleaners, are friendly, the rooms (we were a party of three) are all lovely, two with a sea view, one with a lovely balcony. Everything is clean. Nice contemporary furniture, great bed, free wifi, spacious shower.Reception area has t terrace to sit outdoors and enjoy the air. It was our first time in Tel Aviv and the area is great for busses, taxis and transport. The receptionists are patient and very helpful with tourist advice. Location is great for reasonable restaurants, cafes and shops. There is a huge, delicious, complimentary breakfast. We had a late departure and they have a left luggage room for after our check out. Will definitely stay at City Hotel again.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view if you can but all the rooms are excellent. Room at the back nice and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Johnscottireland

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post such wonderful comments. I'm happy to hear you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay with us at City Hotel and that you found all the staff to be friendly. I am delighted you were able to take advantage of our central location in Tel Aviv and you were able to enjoy the lovely views of the sea. I am also happy to hear you were able to leave your bags with the front desk after your check out and the receptionists were helpful in offering you advice about the city. I look forward to welcoming you all back to the City Hotel in the future and until then, I wish you well.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Refurbished in modern IKEA style. Perfectly suitable and well priced for location. Very good breakfast and friendly/helpful staff. Only gripe was their offer for complimentary airport transport with a three-night stay. As a family of four, we booked two rooms for two nights = four room nights. The manager/owner would not honor the offer or listen to reason.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Geust,
Thank you for your kind review, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at the City Hotel.
I am happy to hear you found the staff to be helpful and that breakfast was to your liking.
Regarding the airport transfer, the hotel policy for the free taxi ride to the airport is only applicable for internet reservations for a minimum of 3 nights stay in one room
and unfortunately I can not change this policy.
I apologize and hope you will be able to take advantage of our special offers on your next trip to our hotel.
Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 April 2013

This very special little hotel located just 100 meters from the beach is a jewel in Tel Aviv. The hotel rooms have everything you need- This is my second stay here- the rooms are comfortable, bright, the closets hold exactly what you need- there is a fridge and a safe. Everything works and looks good and new. The bathroom is spacious and functional. What I enjoy about this place: the rooms are bright, the staff is very nice, helpful and always the same- (the same I met two years ago)- So you feel like part of a family. Breakfast is terrific: several types of fish, cheeses, cereal, many, many fresh fruits, several delicious breads to choose from, excellent coffees and teas. If you have breakfast here a little late you don't need to eat for another 8 hours. And the price is very fair for what they offer you and in the lower range of the hotel prices in Tel Aviv. I wouldn't mind living here for a long time!

Room Tip: you can watch a nice sunset from the side rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you so very much for the incredibly kind posting on trip advisor. Such comments bring a huge smile to all of us collectively at the City Hotel.
I am very happy that you become one of our valued returning guests It is our one of our main goals to make our guests' to feel our home away from home atmosphere.
I am really pleased to read that we met your expectations, and that you were able to enjoy our service, our great location.
It was great to hear that you enjoyed our rich Israeli breakfast I will be sure to share your feedback with the hotel chef.
We will be happy to welcome you again in the near future.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I cant really criticise this hotel at all. It is nice and clean.

It is basic and not at all luxurious but essentially says what it does on the tin.
Staff were polite as well. If you are on a budget as hotels in Tel Aviv are expensive then worth booking. If you can splash out a bit more then I would.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank for choosing the City Hotel Tel Aviv and for taking the time to write about your experience with us.
I happy that you found the City hotel to be expensive and our staff polite.

We will be happy to welcome you again in the near future.

Best regards,