“Good, central,but a bit expensive”

Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv
Ranked #59 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Budapest, Hungary
“Good, central,but a bit expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Location is great. just up from the beach in Tel Aviv and in the heart of the city. Hotel is basic and feels like cheaper hotel. room and bathroom small but clean. very courteous staff.
The price was high for what we got. If you find a good deal for this hotel, go for it. all the rest is good.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Gil1608, General Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Prima City Hotel. Being a small hotel, we aim for excellent customer service and personal attention, so I am really happy that you found our staff to be courteous .
I certainly hope to welcome you again at Prima City in the future!
Gil Amram
gil@prima.co.il

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Great location, great room, cleaning impeccable, good wifi, breakfast good.
Unfortunately staff seems quite uninterested in their guests, no greeting no smiles- very russian.
Restaurant staff indiffrent to the fact that tables are not cleared, and they dont have a problem emptying the breadbasket in front of the paying guest or let you stand in line waiting for them to make their own breakfast....strange behavior.
Good advice, when you get to the restaurant and things are not beeing done, please find your cups and cutlery behind the counter by the kitchen and help yourself, staff dont seem to stress themselves to do their job. But you might find the breadbasket empty.

Room Tip: my room was good sized, clean and comfortable-
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write review of Prima City Tel Aviv. I am pleased to read you enjoyed rooms and breakfast and that you found our location to be great .
I certainly hope to welcome you again at Prima City in the future!
Gil Amram
Waterford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

My wife and I had a great stay at Prima City Hotel. Hotel is nice and clean but pretty basic. Stayed for 5 nights in a twin room. Room was basic (would have preferred a double room) but very clean. I suppose thats all you want when you travel to Israel - your plan is not to stay in the room is it??? Location is excellent. just off Ben Yehuda st plus its only a few hundred metres to the beach.
We did stay on Passover week which coincided with Easter this year - this led to higher prices than normal, hence the average rating for value.
Very fast WIFI free to all guests. Also, the Israeli breakfast on offer (included for us) was excellent. The 6.30am start for breakfast is ideal as many guided tours have their pick up in Tel Aviv at 7.15am!!!
Special word of mention for Alfonzo and Benny - both manned reception at night! Very helpful and friendly. Alfonzo greeted us at 4am on arrival - his great welcome really warmed our hearts at such a late hour - putting us at such ease with great hints and tips for the city! Benny saw us off at 4.30am on our departure, again all was in order!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
CityPR, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a delightful review of Prima City Tel Aviv. I am pleased to read you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and that our rooms and breakfast met all your needs. I am also happy that you were satisfied with our Free Wi-Fi service. It was very nice to read your special words about Alfonso and Benny and that our staff was helpful and friendly. I certainly hope to welcome you again at Prima City in the future!
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I made a reservation at the hotel based on the reviews here (and the price of course), and got my moneys worth, and more.
The staff was amazingly nice from the moment I got in (after an exhausting flight) - The young man at the front desk was smiling, spoke fluent English and gave me all the information I needed to settle in.
the room wasn't very spacious, but well designs, cozy and clean. There was some noise coming from a nearby construction site, but it didn't last all day, and once I closed my window, I could barely hear it.

Dinner and breakfast were very good. again, the staff took good care of me, especially Sudani. a great variety of salads, meat, fish and chicken - Anyone can find something to eat!

I would definitely come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back if you're light sleepers. If you don't have trouble sleeping, t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
CityPR, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Prima City, Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review of Prima City Hotel. Being a small hotel, we aim for excellent customer service and personal attention, so I am really happy that you found our staff to be helpful and to fulfill your needs. I am also happy to read that you enjoyed our dinner and breakfast, and I will be sure to pass on your kinds words to Sudani.
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Stayed here for 5 Nights in a twin Room. Room was nice with a clean bathroom and a small sea view. Room was quite small but fitted 2 people with no problem. Hotel provided Breakfast and also great Speed Wi-Fi.

Staff were very Friendly and were more than happy to help when needed. The Hotel is quite good value compared to some other high end hotels just around the Corner.

Hotel is not on the seafront, but is only a 1 minute walk from there and also the same distance to the busy and Vibrant Ben Yahuda Street.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Prima City Hotel. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our central location in Tel Aviv and the view of the sea from your room. Prima City is one of few hotels in Tel Aviv that offer free Wi-Fi in the rooms so I am happy you enjoyed this free service. We hope to welcome you again in the future!
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

wow what a wonderful hotel, we felt like one of the family, benny welcomes you with a smile, that says it all. the rooms were great, bathroom slightly small, but fantastic and what a view and 3 minutes walk to the wonderful tel aviv beaches. as for the food, out of this world, so fresh and coffee good, for this coffee holic! the most relaxing holiday we have every had.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marlene M
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your glowing review of Prima City, it makes me so happy to hear that you "felt like one of the family" during your stay. And thank you for your kind words about Benny, I will be sure to pass them on to him. On behalf of the entire staff, I hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Tel Aviv!
Best regards,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

We were greeted by Benny at reception when we arrived and by the time we left we felt like we were saying goodbye to an old friend. The rooms are small but they are spotless. The location is amazing close to the beach and to all the shopping you can do. The breakfasts at this hotel are amazing, no they do not serve English style because the food is Kosher and the food is also traditionally Israeli.It is all you can eat and the wait staff are just so pleasant.There is wifi in the rooms and. We will certainly be back to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank vanessajoffe
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of Prima City Tel Aviv. Prima City is one of few hotels in Tel Aviv which offer free Wi-Fi in the rooms and I am pleased you enjoyed this free service. We have invested a lot of time and effort to train all our staff to ensure the highest level of service so I am happy to hear you found our reception and dining room staff to be helpful and pleasant. I hope to see you again on your next trip to Tel Aviv!
Best regards,