Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$330
US$307
  • Beachfront
Dizengoff Avenue Hotel(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$269
Hilton Tel Aviv(Tel Aviv)
US$612
US$930
US$667
InterContinental
  • Pool
The Rothschild 71(Tel Aviv)
US$320
US$298
Agoda.com
  • Bar/Lounge
US$461
US$390
Isrotel Royal
  • Beachfront
Sea Executive Suites(Tel Aviv)(Great Value!)
US$308
TripAdvisor
2,899 results
All reviewscarmel loungecarmel marketneve tzedekexecutive roombreakfast buffettour groupduty managermediterranean seasmall balconyguest servicessea viewreception deskbusiness loungejaffadanisraelconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Not impressed.

Positives... The hotel is located pretty nicely on the beachfront in Tel Aviv, close to swimming beaches and Jaffa. This makes it a nice base to explore the beach and Jaffa on foot. Kudos to the hotel for preparing a booklet that illustrates good sight-seeing routes to be taken on foot. The breakfast buffet is also quite extensive with well prepared food. The ATM in the lobby is pretty handy.

Not positive... The hotel is branded as 4-star, but the room did not live up to this promise in my opinion. It was reasonably sized and bedding and bathroom linens were always clean and fresh. I was not impressed by the quality of the bedding and have slept much better in less illustrious establishments in Tel Aviv. The balcony has good views over Tel Aviv and the ocean (towards Jaffa in my case) but is so small that it's nigh impossible to fit a chair on it to enjoy the view.

If you keep an eye on a budget during your trip (business or pleasure) give this hotel a miss. Internet was priced at around US$ 18 to 19 per day (exchange rate dependent), which is a rip-off considering that many other less grand hotels in Tel Aviv beachfront area provide top class wifi free of charge. If you're going to stay in Dan Panorama and want internet access, rent your own sim-card or wifi router at the airport. I paid US$ 8 for unlimted 3G data for my iPad in this way, which made the hotel's fees seem even more ridiculous. The minibar in the room is also a ripoff (as most hotel minibars are). A can of beer costs ILS 22, while you can buy a large bottle of the same brand at a store 2min walk away for ILS 13. What makes this bar fridge even worse is the fact that you cannot keep anything of your own in it as it is locked down with hotel merchandise, which you cannot remove and replace without being charged for it. Grrrr.... And last but not least... ILS 10 to have room service deliver some ice to your room is nuts, considering that this is the only way of getting ice.

In general, staying here probably won't upset you enough to throw your toys all over the place, but you can certainly do better in beach-front (or very close to) Tel Aviv.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ScubaZorro
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear ScubaZorro,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your very valued thoughts following your stay with us; it is comments such as these that enable us to develop for the future.
We are pleased you enjoyed our location and took advantage of the many attractions on our doorstep, just sorry that some other aspects seemed to disappoint.
With an upcoming refurbishment, we will take on board comments raised with regards to furnishings.
Moreover, in answer to modern day traveler requirements, wifi is offered in the lobby where one can also find ice, for no extra charge. In addition, members of our e-dan club enjoy a complimentary hour of wifi every day during there stay.
We'd certainly like the opportunity to welcome you back for a more all round enjoyable stay.
With best regards,
Chen Michaeli

Reviewed 26 October 2013

This hotel is in good area, if I think my three times visit to Tel Aviv. I was again in a business trip, so I did not choose this hotel. I would prefere a hotel like Cinema or Montefiore area boutique hotel like Browns. So we were at Dans witch was nice location, near by Banana beach and trendy shopping/restaurant area Neve Tzedek. Also very near by fabilous old Jaffa! Breakfast was - as always in Israel- amazing! So many varities, but in this hotel all food is kosher. So no bacon and ham! Service was ok, but not exellent. Tel aviv is a long beach shaped, if you like to party at nice port area, choose hotel near there, or If you prefere beatch and old Jaffa, choose hotel like Dan. Anyway you have to take taxi to a great Al Israeli shopping center were you can buy everything!!! You must go to old Jaffa to dinner. Actually you can not have bad food in Tel Aviv!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tiina A
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Booked by my travel agent. A very nice hotel, Good breakfast Wifi available free only on the 2nd floor. You had to pay for wi-fi in your room. Outside was able to get Tel Aviv free wi-fi so not sure their logic for requiring you to pay in the room. 10 minute walk to Jaffa. Good gym available 24 hours. Access with your room key. We arrived on Friday. First full day was the Sabbath and that is probably why a lot of things were not available.

Room Tip: Ask for a Sea view room/
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I (single white female) stayed for 4 nights before joining a group tour. My booking was done by the travel agent, & not direct with the hotel (see below)

Location - across a very busy road from the beach & promenade. I didn't encounter any safety issues, even walking on promenade at night.

Room - Executive, 16th floor, end of corridor (see below)
Comfy, very big bed,
Nice bathroom, vg water pressure. Glass "wall" (shuttered) to sleeping area.
T/C making facilities
Fridge can't be used for personal items ... warning states guest will be charged if even opened!!! Outrageous!!
TV channels - several in English, incl. Eurosport
Iron & board in cupboard
Very small balcony, no chairs
Noise disturbance - doors slamming. Room location at end of corridor close to service staff entrance - door slam of this sounds like gun going off & of course started from very early each morning!
No free WiFi in room
Several electrical sockets pulled out of the wall ... poor!!

Breakfast - room enormous
Huge choice, mostly local fare so
Omelette station (not on Saturdays)
Coffee served at table or from cappuccino corner.
Manually-operated juicer - messy!
Waiting staff - look vacant or bored, others downright, breathtakingly rude, verbally & in manner. One old guy removed the used plates but threw the dirty cutlery back onto my table ... twice!! And gave me a filthy look when I called him back the 2nd time!!
One uniformed lady tried to to sit me at a table covered in crumbs, insisting it was clean!

18th floor Carmel Lounge (see below) ... small space, nice food. Staff here very pleasant, but some rather over-zealous! One evening, I put room key card, glass of wine & bottle of water on table & went to get food ... & returned after a few minutes to find table cleared & other people about to be seated!!!!!

Free WiFi in lobby & mezzanine lounge ... lovely big space. Except when I sat in a comfy chair, only to find the dark-coloured fabric was soaking wet! Reported it to staff ... no apology, disinterested!

Concierge - pleasant & informative, but one made me a restaurant reservation, which the venue then couldn't find! Luckily I managed to get a table.

Other facilities ... small gym, dangerously slippery floor covering!
Street-side pool ... large

Incidents -

1) BEWARE if you don't book direct with the hotel!!
My agent had booked me an Executive room, one of the benefits of which (as per hotel website description) is "free Carmel Lounge access"
BUT ... it transpires that the category of Exec room has SUB-categories, eg with or without Lounge access!!! My agent was either unaware or overlooked, but certainly didn't make me aware. So I had to argue my case with the agent & the hotel ... fortunately there was a positive outcome.
SO ... be sure you know exactly what you're booking!

2) I came back from b'fast one day to find my room door ajar & the "make up my room" light switched off, but room in same state as when I'd left it. A check revealed nothing missing, but domestic staff (same one's who'd been on my floor when I left the room) were rude in manner & spoke no English. Cue Guest Relations getting involved ... investigation ... oversight ... profuse apologies ... fruit & chocolates to placate!

Overall ... nice hotel, BUT get your staff training sorted Dan Pan!!

PS If you speak Hebrew and/or Russian, your time in Israel will be a whole lot easier!!

• Stayed: October 2013
DanHotelsIsrael, General Manager at Dan Panorama Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Lexi61

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts following your stay with us, it is truly through comments from our guests that we are able to develop our service standards.

Throughout the hotel, every effort is made to ensure the highest levels of guest service, maintenance and overall experience, so it is always a regret if a guest feels we have fallen short in any way.

Following our meeting during your stay, I was under the impression that everything was to your satisfaction after the initial hiccups, so am upset to learn otherwise.

While a little late to rectify for you this time, I can assure you your comments have been taken on board for further attention and training; thank you for highlighting these areas to us.

We'd certainly like the opportunity to be able to welcome you back to show you we can do so much better; as such, please do be in touch with me prior to any possible future stay so I may monitor your reservation personally.

Best regards
Chen Michaeli

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We had the most amazing holiday only made even more special by the wonderful staff.

The pool and gym staff deserve a special mention - Daniel looked after us constantly by the pool.

The breakfast is second to none.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends