“Love the location”

Dan Panorama Tel Aviv
Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Love the location”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Excellent location near beach, Neve Tzedek and Jaffa. Amazing breakfasts which go on till lunchtime! Staff friendly and efficient - I left my phone in the lobby and they texted two other people in my group to say they had it, which saved me worrying. Only complaint was the bathroom, shower screen woefully inadequate, had to use up all the towels to mop up the floods! Overall, good value and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Spent several nights at this hotel which is walking distance (for good walkers) to Old Yaffa and very close to the Souk in Tel Aviv. It's on the beach so it was easy to walk along the beach and find a place to have supper while sitting in chairs on the sand with the Mediterranean lapping on the shore.

They serve a really great breakfast buffet with everything imaginable (except pork dishes, of course) and my vegan friend did fine.

They also have a wonderful spa and the hot stone massage was exactly what I needed after the transatlantic flight over.

I became a member of the e-Dan club when I was in Israel in 2008 and 2009. Easy to do and highly recommend doing it. Because even though my points had expired, I was able to get into my room early and I got a discount on anything I bought at the restaurant (snack the first afternoon, dinner my last night in Israel two weeks later.)

Room Tip: I was towards the back, away from the street but I still had a view of the Mediterranean from my bal...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel is located across the road from the waterfront, it is a pleasant stroll to the old city away from the traffic.
Breakfast consisted of a wide selection buffet with good service.
I had no difficulty arranging a transfer to the airport which isn't too far away
Overall a very pleasant experience

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Beersheba, Israel
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Stayed for 1 night at weekend. Hotel was packed, even as the war in Gaza raged on. We wanted to reserve a place for 4 people ( 2 grown up, 2 children). We got 2 separate rooms, so we had to "split"... Rooms were Ok, nothing more, as can be seen in the pictures. As usual in big Israeli hotels, the room (regular room) was spacious (usually bigger than European hotels), flat screen TV with mostly local channels, a kettle with plenty to choose from types of tea and coffee. Obviously a closet with a safe. The shower+restroom was a little small and pretty basic. Supplies were kinda limited - it seemed that soap was barely enough for 2 persons. View from the room - challenging. The sea can be seen, as the hotel is about 300 meters from a beach, but there is a big empty sad plaza near it (see in the panoramic picture) with a dry fountain.
The room was very clean. The staff was very nice and always willing to help - at the dining hall (it is huge) at the pool ( the pool is relatively big, but poolside was crowded). The hotel has a small fitness room, seemed clean quite limited, and was empty most of the times I passed by.
As we took a full pension stay, we had a dinner and a breakfast there. The amount of food was astonishing on both occasions, a great deal of variety. Even so, I didn't like the taste of it. If it was a restaurant I would rate it 2-3 (for the dinner).
There is an activity room - good for mostly little (6 and below) children. There's a small Xbox/Playstation place, but it was closed on Saturday, quite absurdly.
Since we didn't pay for it, I can't comment on the value for money.

Room Tip: Don't take a room near the elevator, it's too loud.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We just stayed in the hotel for a family short break. The hotel is well located between center Tel Aviv and old Jaffa facing the new seafront promenade. Overall it was a good stay with a busy but efficient reception. The rooms aren't large but well equipped and clean and surprisingly well sealed from noise. The pool is nice and large but the sitting area around is too small for the size of the hotel and was very crowded and noisy. Then again it was the height of the summer season. Best of all was the breakfast - an enormous mouth watering choice of just about everything you could think of. One of the best in Israel. The most annoying part was paying 45 Shekels daily for the parking. Overall a good " Dan " experience but a bit too busy and noisy for me.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Normanzy
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks - very pleased with the hotel - the food was excellent - especially breakfast, the public areas were clean & well maintained, the staff are very helpful. I asked for one of the rooms that had been refurbished (cost an extra £11 per night, but well worth it.Suggest joining the edan club online for free before you book to get 20% discount on your extras. Walking distance to the old train station, Jaffa & the lovely Neveh tzedek area. Across the (busy) road from the beach. Free wifi (slow but good enough for email). only downsidse - Tiny balcony & expensive car parking.
We were there during the rockets and had a number of sirens, the hotel handled security well - I hope you don't have to experience it!

Room Tip: all rooms have a sea view - get one that has been renovated
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Richard S
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here the night after our wedding (it was actually in August 2012 and not September 2013 but it doesn't let me choose that far back). The hotel itself is excellent and our room was amazing with a beautiful view. Breakfast was great as well. I took off one star as the front desk was extremely inflexible and wouldn't let us check in. We didn't know that we were going to be staying there or we would have brought our IDs and clothing as it was a surprise from our family post-wedding. Since we didn't have IDs they wouldn't let us check in nor would they let someone else check in instead of us since the rooms were in our names. We literally came right from the wedding and I was still in my white wedding dress and my husband was still in his suit so give me a break. We slept on the couches for an hour while my family drove home to our house to get our ID and clothes and came back. That was a bad start to our stay and left a bitter taste in my mouth. I guess as long as you are not doing something weird I would recommend, though I think I will never go back because I am still annoyed, 2 years later...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple