“BEST HILTON IN THE CHAIN!!”
Review of Hilton Tel Aviv

Hilton Tel Aviv
Ranked #46 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I was expecting a fairly ordinary stay based on the previous trip advisor postings, but I have to say they could not have been more inaccurate. This hotel exudes luxury. The staff is outstanding, friendly and helpful. The rooms are more than comfortable. I could not believe how modern the bathroom was with a glass shower and jacuzzi tub. The ahava products, fresh fruit in the room, and perfect location on the beautiful beach made this a perfect stay. The executive lounge is the BEST OF ANY LOUNGE I HAVE BEEN TO IN THE CHAIN!!! They serve meals not snacks!
The staff is very warm and welcoming and everyone speaks English! I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. I can't wait to return one day!

Room Tip: High floor. All rooms face the beach. Pool is gorgeous.
1  Thank triplover555
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2012

Dear Guest,

Your concluding sentence - “I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. I can't wait to return one day! “, made us very proud of our Hilton Tel Aviv.

Thank you for your positive comments on this website. We look forward to host you again in the near future.

Thank you.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,063)

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Be careful - items are stolen from guest rooms. Security will not follow up for days. The hotel will take no responsibility. Also, plan on 30 - 45 minutes to check out. Last, if you reserve your room with points, be prepared to show your email receipt. Then, be prepared to follow up with HIlton Honors, as this property often charges you instead of applying your points. This makes for a poor experience.

1  Thank Deborah K
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Dear Deborah,

Thanks for your review. However we have no reports of any stolen items from any of our guests in our hotel logged in the security office.

I am sure there is an explanation for your review. Could you write us directly an e-mail on this web site and we will call you right away to clear this.

Thank you.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

If you don't care about how you are treated, I would definitely recommend this beautiful hotel, which sits on a beautiful beach in a great location that can be admired from beautiful rooms. If you do care how you are treated, stay somewhere else!!! Our bad experience began at the pool when the pool supervisor, Avi, insulted us by relentlessly calling us liars about how many people were in our room (my husband, me, & 10 year old child). When he wasn't haggling us, he was kissing on the Natives & flirting with the female teen girls. Housekeeping was very rude and upset when we needed an extra towel for 3 people to take showers (apparently each room is only allotted 2 bath towels). We requested and paid extra for a late Shabbat checkout (8pm). At 5pm, the front desk manager, Roger, called asking if we 'have a problem' because checkout is at noon. When we attempted to explain we had a late checkout, he demanded to know who we talked to and when we made this request because he didn't have it in his system, again inferring we were liars. We went to the desk to speak with him & he denied the conversation and blamed a new computer system for the mistakes, which would have been understandable without having been insulted.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

Your review is under investigation in our executive committee to understand what went wrong during your stay.

Kindly allow me to apologies for your unpleasant experience. Could you send me a message on this website, identifying yourself so we will send you a more detailed response.

We do hope to have another opportunity to prove our service whenever you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I visiti Israel twice a year and always struggle with where to stay. I usually stay at THE MONTEFIORE boutique hotel. In my opinion it is the best hotel in Tel-Aviv if you are looking for something more sophisticated and on a smaller scale. The one drawback is that when you come to Tel-Aviv it is nice to be on the beach which Montefiore hotel is not.

This time I decided to try the Hilton, with it's excellent location and spectacular views of the sea.

Here are the pros:

Excellent location
Excellent service - throughout the hotel.
Sensible rooms with everything you would need in them.

Here are the cons:

The rooms while sensible and contain everything you need, are simply outdated by international standards. Even the newly renovated rooms are average by international standards. When an executive room has a nightly price of $990 a night, you expect something more sophisticated.

There is only ONE hotel at this point in Israel that in my mind has the level of sophistication as far as decor, and that is THE MAMILA in Jerusalem.

If the Mamila were in Tel-Aviv, and on the beach and had the excellent service that you find at the Hilton, then the Hilton would be a true 5 star hotel by International standards.

Additionally as business traveler staying at the hotel, I found two things to be simply annoying, and furthering the argument of the HIlton being an old fashioned hotel.

1. In 2012, this hotel is charging it's business guests internet use for EACH device that you connect to the internet with. So I had to pay for cell phone and laptop use separately.
Internet at all the other international hotels that I frequent is FREE as it should be. Here they not only charge but they charge twice. A simply foolish policy for a room that is $1,000 a night.

2. When I tried to use the business center to print some documents, I was told that I could not print wirelessly from my laptop, but that I had to email my documents to their computer and print from there. This is in 2012 - in a business center. If I can't easily print from a business center, than what's the point of a business center?

So it comes down to the fact that there simply isn't a hotel in Tel-Aviv that has the level of sophistication that you will find in larger European cities, so if one wants the views and great service, you are left with the hilton with it's old fashioned decor or The Dan another old fashioned hotel with great service.

But the Mamila is raising the bar for hotels in Israel, and it's only a matter of time that the Hilton will find some true competition.

Having said all this, I've already booked my next stay at the Hilton, simply because there isn't much choice in Tel-Aviv - I look forward to the views, the great service and will simply overlook all the bad decor (if i can help myself) -

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nitzantagansky

I am really sorry to read that your experience was not completely satisfactory.

Major refurbishments recently took place at the Hilton Tel Aviv. We have completed the renovations of the top ten floors. We have increased the living space of the new rooms and expanded the bathroom to include modern features and a separate shower. The rest of the floors will be renovated in the near future, especially those you mention in your review.

We strongly recommend our guests to join our hhonors benefit program worldwide. Hhonors Gold and Diamond enjoy free wifi in all stays around the globe and free entrance to our Health Club. You are welcome to read all about it using any search engine on your device.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

This is one of the oldest hotels in Tel Aviv...many new hotels like the David have emerged, but the location and the newly renovated rooms were nicely done, but not exceptional. Staff in the club lounge and lobby lounge very courteous and helpful. We would still stay there again anticpating further improvements.

We hosted a Friday night dinner for six which was well executed except for the (BOTTLED!!!???) gefilte fish...why bother.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

We have completed the renovations of the top ten floors and more changes will take place soon to keep our hotel the best in the city.

We will check your remark about Gefilte Fish. We usually get very good food backs for it. My apologies.

We look forward to your return in the near future. Please do let me know when your travels bring you to Tel Aviv so that we can ensure you have a seamless stay again.

Kind regards

Reviewed 20 July 2012

We stayed in a nicely renovated room, but the overall experience was unpleasant. It is a very old hotel, partially renovated, so you can easily notice several areas that look old.
The connecting doors of our rooms interfered with the main doors, so it was not possible to open both at the same time.

Two of the worse aspects of the hotel are the paid internet access (it is free in 3 stars hotels, so it must be free in $400/nights hotels like this one); and the other is the automatic minibar (I should have the right to remove some bottles and refrigerate my own). Very cheap and vulgar.

Another bad aspect is that the hotel is by the beach but it does not have a private beach, not even chair or umbrellas. You have to rent them from some other company.

The staff though was very polite and professional.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2012

I am really sorry to read that your experience was not completely satisfactory.

Major refurbishments recently took place at the Hilton Tel Aviv. We have completed the renovations of the top nine floors. We have increased the living space of the new rooms and expanded the bathroom to include modern features and a separate shower. The spa is also totally renewed.

We strongly recommend our guests to join our hhonors benefit program worldwide. Hhonors Gold and Diamond enjoy free wifi in all stays around the globe. You are welcome to read all about it using any search engine on your device.

As for the privet beach. My apologies, but there are no privet beaches in Israel. In this country we all share our Mediterranean beaches.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

We stayed on the Vista floor, which is on Level 16; we had a renovated room which was large, modern with a great King Size bed. The hotel is nice by Tel Aviv's standards but is not equivalent to other 5 star hotels around the world.
The lift is ridiculously slow, the foyer is tired and it's frantically busy a little bit like a bus station.
We stayed in these superiors rooms where we are supposed to have breakfast on a separate floor, which is a very small version of the main buffet downstairs. We wanted a full breakfast downstairs, however were told that this would be an additional $5 per person, per day for eating downstairs. Wifi which does not work well is $15 per device per day. The gym is $15, per person, per day. I brought all these charges up with the hotel and they were able to remove the $5 breakfast charges but could not remove the WIFI or gym charges as they said that the gym and IT departments are a separate company.
When you are paying $500+ per night who wants to pay extra for gym, breakfast in the main foyer and WIFI, especially when the hotel is not even near a 5 star hotel that we would usually stay at.
The location is excellent, the beach is great, but we will not return to this hotel. Next time we will rent an apartment or look at something better.
I was sent a survey by Hilton and I Let them know my frustrations, however I received an automated email. I don't think service is their strong suite.

Room Tip: Executive or Vista rooms - make sure you do not pay extra for breakfast downstairs.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you. Feedback is always important.

Your comments are important for us for reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv.