“Another good stay”
Review of Hilton Tel Aviv

Hilton Tel Aviv
Ranked #46 of 103 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Tel Aviv recently while in Israel for a family wedding. It was our second stay at the hotel and we chose to stay there again due to its excellent location and our previous positive experience. It is easy to access the beach and the beachfront walk which stretches all the way from Jaffa to the new North Port, and the town is also in easy walking distance. We opted for a Vista Club Room on this visit and the facilities of the Vista Club lounge and floors on which the rooms are located we felt made this a worthwhile extra charge. We chose to have breakfast in the main dining room down stairs rather than the Vista Club Room as there was a larger selection available, particularly of hot dishes, and the bowls of fruit, cheeses etc were continually being refilled and if something was not there, it would always be brought out on request. The restaurant managers and staff were all willing and helpful. On a more general level the Guest Relations Manager Yaron was excellent, being on hand around the hotel to assist and ensure that everything ran smoothly. He was particularly courteous, friendly and professional in every way. We very much enjoyed our second stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv and it will remain our first choice for our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Your concluding sentence:” We very much enjoyed our second stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv and it will remain our first choice for our next visit”, says it all.

We really appreciate your positive comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel together with the facilities. We hope you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,063)

Reviewed 9 May 2013

Hotel has a good location but surprisingly the beach you are paying to be at is public and the lounges, umbrellas are not Hiltons but need to be paid with cash, not able to charge to room. That is same for the food. Tough to get lounges and beach is packed. Might as well stay at a hotel not on beach and pay alot less

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The position ofthe hotel is first rate irelation to the beach, unfortunately I was there on a 36 hour business trip and had no chance to take advantage. I was greeted well upon arival at check-in and was given an upgrade to a suite rather than the room I had booked. This was much larger than the regular rooms and provided a bottle of wine, chocolates, water and more fruit than I could eat. The beds were extremely comfortable as indeed were the pillows. I was at the far end of the corridor (9th floor), so there were no guests passing my door, so the suite was extremely quiet at all times.

The Exec Lounge is indeed a little small and did get crowded, and rather noisy. The evening snacks didnt go far but the breakfast was good and saved me from having to go down to the restaurant.

All in all, a good Hilton with friendly staff in a terrfic location.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Tel Aviv during your visit to Israel, and for taking the time to give us some very nice and extensive feedback regarding your stay.

It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you had a great time with us. Your comments are going to be of great motivation to the Team, "Thank You".

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards from sunny Tel Aviv,

Reviewed 5 May 2013

If I could grade this hotel between average and very good I would: a 'Good' hotel. Good price, value made average because of some negatives.

As I made the 4K trek along the beach to the old City of Jaffa, visible from our hotel room, it was easy to see why a Hilton stay is most preferable: the hotel sits on prime beach area sheltered from the city noises and traffic. Fabulous setting with fabulous views. Though not the fault of the hotel, the days I ventured onto the beach or poolside I experienced biting flies on the beach and black gnats swarming (on me) at poolside, so be absolutely sure to use scent-free sun products which, unfortunately, I did not have! The wonderful promenade is easily accessible and there is a security check as you enter and leave the hotel complex on the beach side, a positive. The executive lounge is not large but is very comfortable and welcoming; It was nice to stop into the lounge after a long day for a glass of wine or other refreshment and a savory appetizer or snack. I preferred taking my breakfast there over venturing to the downstairs restaurant because of the casual atmosphere many of the same offerings as found in the downstairs restaurant. One downside, however, was teenage children coming into the executive lounge, taking the elevator from non-executive floors. They were without adult supervision and frequented the lounge to help themselves to the offerings there. This was seemingly not monitored and unfortunately detracted from the ambiance of the small space.

On the negative side, service was haphazard. Three days into our stay we woke up and found a bill tucked under our door showing we had been checked out, though we had several days left on our booking. There was no explanation for this so we went to the front desk where we learned we had been upgraded to corner suite, which should have been a positive. However, the suite was not available to us until later in the day. My husband left his phone number twice at the front desk when he left the hotel and I left mine once, expecting to be notified of our room number as soon as it became available so we could have our belongings, which we packed for transfer, brought to the new room. Though each of us kept checking our phone, there was no call from the hotel by the time we returned in the evening. We had to quickly freshen up before dinner and found we were locked out of the room containing our luggage but had not yet been checked in to our upgraded suite. The front desk was seemingly unconcerned, saying, "We left a message." Yes, we found a message on the phone in the room we were locked out of (when we went to collect our luggage and have it moved to our new location.) The message was left there several minutes after we made the front desk aware of our dilemma, not before. Very unprofessional of them to claim they had called when they knew they had not. A bellboy was immediately dispatched to help us move our luggage once we went through the tedious process of being checked into our new room, but by the time it was said and done we didn't even have time to wash our faces before we had to meet our taxi for dinner!

Our first room was excellent, clean and beautifully appointed and I would not have been unhappy if we had remained in this room for the duration of our stay. The new corner suite was indeed a more spacious and lovely setting and had been cleaned adequately; however, details of the room gave it a feeling of being worn and need of a good overhaul -- the couch was stained and the tub had anti-slip strips very much in need of replacement and so I would not use it for a bath. The view from one side of the suite was of the spectacular sunset over the Mediterranean; unfortunately, the window was so dirty that it virtually obscured the view.

The 'average' rating for the rooms verge on 'poor' in my opinion because in each room the smell of cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation system was extremely strong . As an asthmatic sensitive to cigarette smoke, this was a huge problem. The staff was apologetic but the problem remained and out came my ventilator for frequent use -- health hazard, inconvenient and disappointing. Obviously the the non-smoking-floor rule is not enforced, as the occupants of the next room smoked almost constantly on their balcony with ashtrays visible, from both rooms we occupied, and they were, no doubt, smoking in their rooms as evidenced by the smoke coming through the ventilation system. Huge, huge negative to a non-smoker.

For a grand hotel such as this, the breakfast offerings were disappointingly mediocre, for the most part being pre-cooked and highly processed. Skip lunch at the pool if you can. An 'ok' tuna sandwich on a defrosted bagel - minimal amount of tuna salad, slice of tomato, and lettuce leaf with frozen fries on the side left a lot to be desired and was not what I expected in that setting. The sandwich along with a delicious and refreshing sorbet and American coffee carried a $35 US price tag -- horribly overpriced for what was offered.

A gratis dinner (management offering for the room upgrade fiasco) at the wonderful King Solomon restaurant was one of the finest dinners of our stay in Israel.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, good luck! Be sure to request a renovated room on an execu...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2013

I was in Tel Aviv for the first time for work. I truly enjoyed my stay there. The Hilton is definitley one of the better ones I have stayed in. There were some great features to this hotel, although also some that could be improved.

The Good
1. Great view of the beach. Excellent jogging along the beach promenade.
2. Very friendly reception and concierge staff.
3. Executive room very comfortable. Great bed and superb bathroom
4. FINALLY a room with enough power sockets: I counted almost 20!!!!!

The not so good
1. Executive lounge was a little short on snacks
2. I noticed the cigarette smell in the hallway. I think I was on the 12th floor.
3. I went for a bite to eat in the bar downstairs. My presence was acknowledged, but I sat there waiting for a menu for 10 minutes (it was not busy). I walked out and had room service instead. Shame.
4. Bar staff was mildly friendly. Shame that they stocked so many local wines, but the staff had limited knowledge about wine.
5. We held an event for 65 people in a meeting room downstairs. The catering for the coffee break was great. The buffet dinner was good, but not great.

In summary, would I stay here again? Absolutely. If I am greetd and welcomed to the hotel like I was and I can sleep in a bed like that, for me, the hotel met 90% of my expectations. All the other criticisms are meant to be for constructive purpose only.
Hilton Tel Aviv, Toda, and see you again soon.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback and for sharing your experience on this forum.

All in all, we are all so pleased we made your stay a wonderful one and you will return to our hotel in the near future.

Toda to you !

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I will begin by saying that I will probably be returning - the hotel has just such a perfect location and the price was good (better than e.g the comparable sheraton near-by).
That said, I must say we had several complaints. First, the elevators work terribly slow - you have to calculate at least 5 minutes to wait for one each time (and I am not talking about the sabbat lift that added waiting time on saturdays!).
There was a strong and upleasant smoke smell in our bathroom all the time - probably through the ventilation. Very unpleasant.
Our door cards (keys) never worked - had to ask for new ones many timesa day! I can't believ they couldn't fix it!
The free wifi service in the lobby is a real joke. You have to ask for code cards from waiters in cafes/restaurants, the codes don't always work and even when do, won't last over 60 minutes. So if you want to check your mail again, you have to ask for a new code. And, the connection is so slow, you probably need more than an hour anyways. Real nonsensical kind of arrangement.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

I am really disappointed to hear that the hotel did not satisfy your most recent stay with us. My apologies for slow elevators, the slow Wifi and the smelling of cigarettes in the hotel’s corridors.
I ensure you that your detailed comments are translated and shared with our top management and all team members and WIFI supplier for improvements.

Do give our hotel another chance to make the positive impression that our many guests walk away with.

Reviewed 1 May 2013

Two main problems: (i) the free wifi service in the hotel lobby was riddiculously poor - you had to ask for the codes (valid only for 60 min), re-enter them many times (even withing this 60 min period) and the internet connection was very slow. Was unable to even properly read e-mails. (ii) the room keys never worked! many times every day we were unable to enter our rooms because the keys did not work - in my mind, that leaves questions about the security of door locks ...

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family