“Perfect Beach/Israel vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #46 of 98 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Los Angeles
“Perfect Beach/Israel vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Having been to Israel many times, my wife and I just wanted to veg on the beach, and yet have access to Tel Aviv. The Hilton works best of all the seaside hotels because it has direct access to the beach, instead of having to cross a street (like the David Intercontinental, for instance). You have the choice of two coves to sunbathe or swim in, or the coastal path (the Tayelet) to walk to the more central part of town. Israeli breakfasts are always the best, and the Hilton did a really good job of offering all the vegetables, cheeses, and traditional breakfast foods we could want. The seaview breakfast restaurant was filled with sun and views of sailboats doing their thing in the sea. It is about a ten-minute cab ride to the bus station and train station so if you want to take public transportation to other cities --- like Jerusalem and Beersheva, which we did ---it is an easy trip to accomplish. From the Hilton, we could also walk to the cafes in the local surrounding neighborhoods, and since the streets and cafes are full even after 11pm or midnight, a late evening walk is fun and safe. We had two poolside lunches at the Hilton (Pastrami sandwich and Burgers) and both were excellent. We invited local friends over for Friday Night Sabbath dinner, and their buffet was plentiful (everything from fish selections, to veal, to lamb chops) and delicious. All the rooms look out either north or south along the coast, so you'll get a beach view without having to worry about it. Wish we could have stayed another week.

Room Tip: High floor, maybe south side to get to see sunrise
1 Thank Don322
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Had some issue at the hotel when we checked in after18 hrs of flying Hotel description in my hotel info section from isram tours said all rooms had been refurbished. That is not the case and hotel wanted $50 more each night refurbished room. The clerk refused to call tour company on my behalf. The first room smelled musty and carpert was old. So I went back to the desk and got the manager on duty. Should have done that first time. The manager "Shai" (pronounced shy) was awesome. He called the tour company and worked the misunderstanding. We were moved to a refurbished room which was awesome. We are still at the hotel while writing this. Breakfast this morning was really nice. Everything you can ask for. Sitting at the beautiful pool writing this review. Towels and chairs at pool are free. View is amazing. Service in hotel is nice and staff helpful. The hotel in American $$ is pricey but redone rooms are worth it. I would probably opt for another hotel instead of the old rooms

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your awesome feedback and for sharing your experience on this forum.

I am glad our Manager on duty solved out the problem to your satisfaction. .Thank you again for choosing Hilton and recommending our hotel - it is appreciated.

Sincerely
florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2013

Last summer when I stayed here I named this hotel the Best Hilton in the chain! On my return visit this week I was reassured that was still most accurate. Everything about our stay was simply perfect. The hotel was sold out for the four days we stayed. We were upgraded to an amazing corner suite with views of the sea even from the bathroom. The check in staff was extraordinary.
They stored our luggage until the room was ready and gave us coffee and cake while we waited.
The executive lounge was superior to any other Hilton executive lounge I have visited. They even have three tables on the balcony to enjoy views of the sea while eating and drinking up there.
They had Shabbat services in the hotel followed by a bountiful Shabbat buffet. They even provide kippot with the hilton logo!! The location is great. Can walk to Ben Yehuda and Diezengoff in minutes for all the best that Tel Aviv has to offer. Shops in the hotel are great. Ahava products are available in the rooms. I would never stay anywhere else while in Tel Aviv.
Like I said- can you spell METZUYAN (excellent in Hebrew). Todah, Hilton Tel Aviv!!!!!!

Room Tip: The lower floor rooms have not been updated yet, but they are working on that. Still, all rooms have...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for you stay at Hilton Tel Aviv and for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback on the Hotel facilities and service provided by the Team.

I was delighted to read your very kind comments, and I am very pleased you had a METZUYAN stay. Our aim is to ensure high guests satisfaction, and are therefore happy you remained satisfied with our location, room and facilities. I hope that we will be able to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

We stayed at the Hilton Tel Aviv recently while in Israel for a family wedding. It was our second stay at the hotel and we chose to stay there again due to its excellent location and our previous positive experience. It is easy to access the beach and the beachfront walk which stretches all the way from Jaffa to the new North Port, and the town is also in easy walking distance. We opted for a Vista Club Room on this visit and the facilities of the Vista Club lounge and floors on which the rooms are located we felt made this a worthwhile extra charge. We chose to have breakfast in the main dining room down stairs rather than the Vista Club Room as there was a larger selection available, particularly of hot dishes, and the bowls of fruit, cheeses etc were continually being refilled and if something was not there, it would always be brought out on request. The restaurant managers and staff were all willing and helpful. On a more general level the Guest Relations Manager Yaron was excellent, being on hand around the hotel to assist and ensure that everything ran smoothly. He was particularly courteous, friendly and professional in every way. We very much enjoyed our second stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv and it will remain our first choice for our next visit.

Dear Guest,

Your concluding sentence:” We very much enjoyed our second stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv and it will remain our first choice for our next visit”, says it all.

We really appreciate your positive comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel together with the facilities. We hope you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Hotel has a good location but surprisingly the beach you are paying to be at is public and the lounges, umbrellas are not Hiltons but need to be paid with cash, not able to charge to room. That is same for the food. Tough to get lounges and beach is packed. Might as well stay at a hotel not on beach and pay alot less

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

The position ofthe hotel is first rate irelation to the beach, unfortunately I was there on a 36 hour business trip and had no chance to take advantage. I was greeted well upon arival at check-in and was given an upgrade to a suite rather than the room I had booked. This was much larger than the regular rooms and provided a bottle of wine, chocolates, water and more fruit than I could eat. The beds were extremely comfortable as indeed were the pillows. I was at the far end of the corridor (9th floor), so there were no guests passing my door, so the suite was extremely quiet at all times.

The Exec Lounge is indeed a little small and did get crowded, and rather noisy. The evening snacks didnt go far but the breakfast was good and saved me from having to go down to the restaurant.

All in all, a good Hilton with friendly staff in a terrfic location.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 26 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Tel Aviv during your visit to Israel, and for taking the time to give us some very nice and extensive feedback regarding your stay.

It was indeed a pleasure for me to note that you had a great time with us. Your comments are going to be of great motivation to the Team, "Thank You".

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Kind regards from sunny Tel Aviv,
Erie, PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013

If I could grade this hotel between average and very good I would: a 'Good' hotel. Good price, value made average because of some negatives.

As I made the 4K trek along the beach to the old City of Jaffa, visible from our hotel room, it was easy to see why a Hilton stay is most preferable: the hotel sits on prime beach area sheltered from the city noises and traffic. Fabulous setting with fabulous views. Though not the fault of the hotel, the days I ventured onto the beach or poolside I experienced biting flies on the beach and black gnats swarming (on me) at poolside, so be absolutely sure to use scent-free sun products which, unfortunately, I did not have! The wonderful promenade is easily accessible and there is a security check as you enter and leave the hotel complex on the beach side, a positive. The executive lounge is not large but is very comfortable and welcoming; It was nice to stop into the lounge after a long day for a glass of wine or other refreshment and a savory appetizer or snack. I preferred taking my breakfast there over venturing to the downstairs restaurant because of the casual atmosphere many of the same offerings as found in the downstairs restaurant. One downside, however, was teenage children coming into the executive lounge, taking the elevator from non-executive floors. They were without adult supervision and frequented the lounge to help themselves to the offerings there. This was seemingly not monitored and unfortunately detracted from the ambiance of the small space.

On the negative side, service was haphazard. Three days into our stay we woke up and found a bill tucked under our door showing we had been checked out, though we had several days left on our booking. There was no explanation for this so we went to the front desk where we learned we had been upgraded to corner suite, which should have been a positive. However, the suite was not available to us until later in the day. My husband left his phone number twice at the front desk when he left the hotel and I left mine once, expecting to be notified of our room number as soon as it became available so we could have our belongings, which we packed for transfer, brought to the new room. Though each of us kept checking our phone, there was no call from the hotel by the time we returned in the evening. We had to quickly freshen up before dinner and found we were locked out of the room containing our luggage but had not yet been checked in to our upgraded suite. The front desk was seemingly unconcerned, saying, "We left a message." Yes, we found a message on the phone in the room we were locked out of (when we went to collect our luggage and have it moved to our new location.) The message was left there several minutes after we made the front desk aware of our dilemma, not before. Very unprofessional of them to claim they had called when they knew they had not. A bellboy was immediately dispatched to help us move our luggage once we went through the tedious process of being checked into our new room, but by the time it was said and done we didn't even have time to wash our faces before we had to meet our taxi for dinner!

Our first room was excellent, clean and beautifully appointed and I would not have been unhappy if we had remained in this room for the duration of our stay. The new corner suite was indeed a more spacious and lovely setting and had been cleaned adequately; however, details of the room gave it a feeling of being worn and need of a good overhaul -- the couch was stained and the tub had anti-slip strips very much in need of replacement and so I would not use it for a bath. The view from one side of the suite was of the spectacular sunset over the Mediterranean; unfortunately, the window was so dirty that it virtually obscured the view.

The 'average' rating for the rooms verge on 'poor' in my opinion because in each room the smell of cigarette smoke coming through the ventilation system was extremely strong . As an asthmatic sensitive to cigarette smoke, this was a huge problem. The staff was apologetic but the problem remained and out came my ventilator for frequent use -- health hazard, inconvenient and disappointing. Obviously the the non-smoking-floor rule is not enforced, as the occupants of the next room smoked almost constantly on their balcony with ashtrays visible, from both rooms we occupied, and they were, no doubt, smoking in their rooms as evidenced by the smoke coming through the ventilation system. Huge, huge negative to a non-smoker.

For a grand hotel such as this, the breakfast offerings were disappointingly mediocre, for the most part being pre-cooked and highly processed. Skip lunch at the pool if you can. An 'ok' tuna sandwich on a defrosted bagel - minimal amount of tuna salad, slice of tomato, and lettuce leaf with frozen fries on the side left a lot to be desired and was not what I expected in that setting. The sandwich along with a delicious and refreshing sorbet and American coffee carried a $35 US price tag -- horribly overpriced for what was offered.

A gratis dinner (management offering for the room upgrade fiasco) at the wonderful King Solomon restaurant was one of the finest dinners of our stay in Israel.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, good luck! Be sure to request a renovated room on an execu...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business