“Not 5 stars, not bad either”
Review of Hilton Tel Aviv

Hilton Tel Aviv
Ranked #43 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
“Not 5 stars, not bad either”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I just spent 6 nights at the Hilton Tel Aviv and overall my experience has been pretty good. Now keep in mind that I am Israeli and I used to live here for many years and that unfortunately I might be used to some types of behaviours that a regular first time visitor to Israel might find pretty shocking. The Hotel is very nice, well renovated, rooms are clean and the pool amazing (though a bit cold to my taste). Now the problem started with the service and the employees of the hotel. There is a word in Hebrew called "Chruna" which means neighbourhood. It is also used in a pejorative way to describe rude people. Some of the people at the Hilton haven't been educated enough that they are working for a 5 star hotel where people pay a very significant amount of money. From the yawning guard at the entrance who never learned to put his hand in front of his mouth, to the lobby waitress that takes 20 minutes to come to you every time, my general impression is that no one really taught them about what is it to work in a 5 star hotel. One incident that really chocked me despite the fact that I am Israeli is what happened at the pool. The manager of the pool area decided in the middle if the afternoon to shout in front of all of the guests at two of his employees (so loud that even some of them woke up from an afternoon snooze by the pool) calling them names in Hebrew (SOB etc.). He then went on by talking extremely badly about gay people (and I am being extremely polite here). Now I am not gay, but I felt extremely offended. I am not paying close to $500 a night to have this psychopath who just got out or his Chruna ruin my afternoon and offend a certain group of people.
Bottom line: if you care more about the location and the view, this hotel is a good choice and I would recommend it. If you care more about the quality of the service: avoid. This is nowhere close to be a 5 star hotel.

A Hilton Gold member.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jkmtl
HiltonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and appreciate you choosing the Hilton Tel Aviv and the feedback passed on. I want to deeply apologize for the impression you had as you left our hotel. We value every guest who stays with us and want you to feel welcome and comfortable in our property. We are communicating with the departments that you came in contact with to improve this impression.

Once again, thank you so much for providing us with valuable feedback.

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Stayed using Hilton Points.

As a gold they upgraded me to a suite. It was not a renovated room so I politely declined and requested a regular renovated room.

I had lounge access which provided a basic breakfast. I pad an extra $10 on another day to have the main breakfast which was nice.

Overall a nice stay but I would never pay the full rates to stay here.

Room Tip: Request a room above the 5th floor!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor if we are meeting guests needs and expectations.
We hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Kind regards
London, England
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Very nice hotel but over priced for what you get for your money!
Most of the staff are good and the service is ok.
The hotel is clean and the refurbished rooms are very nice.
Hotel breakfast is good but could be nicer presented and the breakfast room is rather busy and chaotic during peak season.
The pool area is good and baby's pool is excellent. The main pool is salt water and always freezing cold.
the best hotel in terms of loccation and proximity to the port and the beach.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest and Contributor,

Thank you for your review..

At Hilton Tel Aviv, we are indeed passionate about delivering exceptional service to our guests and I am happy to see that you highlight our hotel as the best in Tel Aviv.

I have shared your comments with our team; and I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the not too distant future.

london, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013

kept up the good service cleanliness value the costumer make sure they enjoyed their stay make the food good and eatable . please make sure the transport of the guest in and out of the hotel .. make sure that they recommend to the friend and family .the most important to us respect one another in their decision making. thank you

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks Denis. Many thanks for your kind feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel in general. We appreciate your kind comments and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We were here for only two nights in January. It was a beautiful hotel with amazing views from any room. The food was expensive as was the room, but we expected it.
I will say that the breakfast was the highlight of our stay there. The fresh orange juice was amazing and the selection was fantastic.
We had a really nice dinner at the sushi restaurant, food was awesome! I would stay at this hotel again next time I am in Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: We could see the ocean from our room and did not request an ocean view room. I think they all have g...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
HiltonTelAviv, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Alecia,

Your sentence: “I will say that the breakfast was the highlight of our stay there. The fresh orange juice was amazing and the selection was fantastic” is a great compliment to our Chef and kitchen team . Thank you.

We really appreciate your positive comments and we are happy to see that you enjoyed the location of the hotel together with the facilities. We hope you will return to the Hilton Tel Aviv where we will be delighted to welcoming you back.
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Was there with my wife and family had a great time . The hotel is well located near the newly developed harbor are (the Namal). Was a little surprised they carge for Wifi and for the Gym even though I took two rooms for two nights , There was a lovely managers cocktail party in honor of the jewish holiday Sukkot. We were in anon-renovated room which was fine .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Kind regards
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

The Hilton Tel Aviv continues to be the rate setter in Hotel Service. An Amazing Service, great stay...I always enjoy Hilton Tel Aviv and I always look forward to returning on my next trip to Tel Aviv..!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Chaim,

Many thanks for your kind feedback.

Best regards,