“I don't review Hiltons (usually)”
Review of Hilton Tel Aviv

Hilton Tel Aviv
Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
Tampa, FL
“I don't review Hiltons (usually)”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have never reviewed a Hilton property even though I have stayed at scores of Hilton and affiliated properties over the course of many years for both business and pleasure. Hilton properties are, almost always, consistent in what is promised and what is provided. For me, the consistency is one reason I have chosen Hilton properties for business travel. The Hilton Tel Aviv, however, is different. It is a cut above, providing, in our case, more than we expected, and more than was promised.

The property itself is, of course, very impressive, well-maintained, in a great location, and I assume someone could spend weeks there and never experience everything the property and its surrounds have to offer.

The view from our room was spectacular, offering a panorama of the Mediterranean coast and the city of Tel Aviv that was picture perfect. The hotel is located on the promenade, which allows people to stroll along the Mediterranean shoreline from the hotel all the way to the Old City of Jaffa. A visit to Jaffa is worth the hike, or the relatively short cab ride.

At least on this occasion, the Hilton Executive Lounge was one of the best I have experienced, including Executive Lounges in other foreign countries, which are generally speaking a higher quality than they are in the US.  The food was quite tasty and the selection of Israeli wines (yes, there is an excellent wine industry in Israel) was very nice.

As with any property, many times it comes down to the people who work there when judging whether a hotel receives a good or bad review. The Hilton staff, from check in to check out, were professional, welcoming, friendly, and, perhaps most importantly, helpful when we had a question or needed a little extra help.

As a side note, our stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv coincided with the recent trouble between Israel and the Gaza Strip. At no time did we feel the least bit unsafe or uncomfortable.

The Hilton Tel Aviv is clearly one of my favorite Hilton properties and we look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ppm1
hilton_israel, General Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear guest,

I really don’t know where to begin to express how much it meant to all of us here to read your heartwarming mail.

Especially at a time like this we appreciate greatly that you took the time to write and even more so that it will be posted on Trip Advisor.

We strive endlessly to ensure that our guests are given the best possible service at all times and aim for each and every one to feel the Hilton Hospitality, and we are happy to read that you were so satisfied with your stay all the way around.

Dear guest,, we thank you for your loyalty and for giving us such a good feeling whilst reading your mail.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and please let me know when you are planning to be visit us again.

Most Sincerely,

Adele Bloch
PA to Area Manager Hilton Hotels
Israel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Rock Island, IL
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was on a tour for the first 7 days while in Israel. The hotel rooms were awful - small and needing repair. It was so wonderful to stay at the Hilton for my last night! I got a double upgrade to a mini suite with views of the beach and pool, I watched the surfers in the morning and the walkers on the path. It was so beautiful. I was on a points and dollars rate - 10,000 points and $125.

The room was amazing with a great bathroom, sofa, chair, 2 balconies, and very large tv. The bathroom had a separate glass shower. The bath products were Ahava. There was a kit with a 100ml size hand cream, foot cream, body lotion, and dead sea salts. At first I thought it was for sale and then noticed the Compliments to Our Guest card on it. There was also a box of chocolates and some fresh fruit.

Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. Lounge was small, but no one was in it by the time I arrived at 9:30 pm. Had Campari which is always a plus with me!

My only regret was the short time of my stay. I had a plane to catch so had to leave the hotel about 8:30. Next time i am staying a few days at this resort so I am able to enjoy the pool and beach.

Thanks to the staff for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the north for a great view of the beach and the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JLC_57
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest and senior contributor,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests. Staying with us saying:” Thanks to the staff for an excellent stay! ”, is indeed a great compliment.

Englewood, NJ
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

What a relief it was to get to the Hilton. It was like a bit of home. We were up north and the lodgings were, well, Middle Eastern. This is like home. Thank you Hilton!
We were upgraded and had an amazing view northwards. We loved the room, the staff's friendliness, helpfulness and all the hot water we wanted.
Even the 2 rocket attacks didn't bother us. We were finally comfortable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gourageous
Dear guest,

Thank you for your great feedback and for sharing your experience on this forum, highlighted by your sentence: “This is like home. Thank you Hilton!” Thank you very much.

Your decision to stay with us during this July tension made us very proud. The wellbeing, safety and security of our guests are of paramount importance and our hotel continues to make every effort to ensure that all practices and standards are in line with applicable safety and security regulations. Therefor your stay was safe and we understand from your review – very pleasant.
Again, I am so pleased that you are full of compliments for the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor travelers.

With warm wishes.
New York, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Good hotel, excellent breakfast. Price for pool guests outrageous! Taxi service is great - always one taxi waiting Japanese restaurant in Hotel too expensive Food selection in Executive Lounge was stale and not refreshed every night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Nahum P
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Nahum,

Thank you for your comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests. I will also ensure your detailed comments are translated and shared with all team members.

Jericho, New York
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wonderful beach views from every room. the bathrooms are beautiful, and the rooms were comfortable. I also judge hotels by the hair dryers they provide, and the Hilton Tel Aviv had fabulous hair dryers - professional strength.
The outside deck for dining was perfect, and the breakfast choices were plentiful and quite good.
A great choice for Tel Aviv.

Room Tip: The best views are the rooms right at the beach, because even the bathrooms have a beach view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anne W
Dear Ann,

In your review you wrote this sentence:” A great choice for Tel Aviv”. We consider your remark as a great compliment to our ongoing efforts to please all our guests.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We went to the Tel Aviv Hilton despite the situation(missiles) in Israel. We were nervous to go to but felt that it was important because so many tourists were canceling their trip. We knew the hotel was suffering with low reservations.
Also, our daughter had to come with us because her plans canceled. So, we were going to have to celebrate with our anniversary with her in our room. I told the front desk our dilemma and they readily gave us a two room suite. Then sent flowers, champagne and Ahava products as well as great service during our stay.
We want to thank you for a great anniversary despite the tension of war.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your great feedback and for sharing your experience on this forum, highlighted by your sentence: “We want to thank you for a great anniversary despite the tension of war”. Thank you very much.

Again, I am so pleased that you are full of compliments for the hotel. Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor travelers.

With warm wishes.
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Booked a rather last minute business trip to Tel Aviv, which meant that I needed to move half way through the week to another of our corporate preferred hotels. The Hilton Tel Aviv had set the bar very high indeed. Most if not all rooms have a sideways view of the sea. I was in a well appointed junior suite with double balcony, which meant I couiod have 2 balcony doors open and enjoy the sea breeze while working in afternoon and evening. Excellent bed, bathroom, rain shower, amenity kit. Very extensive breakfast buffet and on-order breakfast menu. Asside from some bar drinks, I did not get around to enjoy other services at the hotel.
Nice location for views and sea sounds, and walking distance from the old port area with some shops any many nice restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Bill,

we are all so pleased we made your stay a wonderful one and that you really enjoyed our service.

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and I will also ensure your detailed comments are translated and shared with all team members.

It is so rewarding to hear directly from our guests and to know that our efforts and training is appreciated and creates great memories. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv.