“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #45 of 100 Hotels in Tel Aviv
ITALY
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I went to Hilton Hotel In Tel Aviv while I was on a business trip to Israel. The room was fabulous. Excellent and helpful staffs. the hotel located next to the beach. All in all Hilton Tel Aviv surpasses the standards.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear Ima71,

Great to hear from you with your kind words:” All in all Hilton Tel Aviv surpasses the standards”.

Thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor and I will also ensure your detailed comments are translated and shared with all team members.

It is so rewarding to hear directly from our guests and to know that our efforts and training is appreciated and creates great memories. I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Tel Aviv.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with friends, choosing it for its location and rooms. We weren't disappointed with the location at all and the rooms were fine, if not great. The bathrooms afford little privacy, so if you are sharing with anyone you are not completely intimate with, be sure to go for one of the premium rooms with separate bathroom (and solid door), rather than one with a frosted 'divider' door, which serves little purpose.
Staff on reception were very variable in the quality of service. Some were good, but mostly the service was poor and at times rude.
The rooms were clean and comfortable, if not great.
My main complaint about the hotel is that a number of things were left in the room while we spent time in Jerusalem and were not handed in to reception. The GM and the head of security did not seem particularly interested that the housekeeping staff had not handed the items in.
In spite of my disappointment at the housekeeping staff and the management response, it is a reliable hotel and I would be tempted to stay again. I would recommend a high or Exec floor level room.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Jimboblondon,

We’re very sorry to hear of your general disappointment and your overall issues mentioned in your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry your stay was not fully enjoyable.

We certainly would like to help regarding things you left in your room and were not retrieved to you. As your review is from March, published in August, we cannot track any complaint about this issue. Could you send us your full details on this website mailbox and we will try to assist ASAP?

We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will still consider staying with us in the future.
Australia
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Gotta luv Hilton TLV Great location great security great staff always welcoming Last stayed here in March I love returning here for holidays every year Hilton Gold gets you good upgrades and I think some of the best views from the big hotels inTLV Quiet this holiday understandably so but really I find Israel one of the safest places

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Con,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond to you. Thanks for using the word GREAT 3 times !

Hadera, Israel
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I can't fault this hotel . The room was fabulous , gorgeous sheets on the bed , air conditioning that dint freeze, an amazing walk in shower. I could go on forever . The staff were charming and helpful . I had bought with me some almond milk for my coffee as I don't drink cows milk . Within half an hour they bought me a fridge to my room and then called me up to ask if I had got it and if everything was ok

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Debbie,

In your review you wrote this sentence:” I can't fault this hotel”. We consider your remark as a great compliment to our ongoing efforts to please all our guests.

I am so pleased that you are full of compliments for the hotel. Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor travelers.
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have never reviewed a Hilton property even though I have stayed at scores of Hilton and affiliated properties over the course of many years for both business and pleasure. Hilton properties are, almost always, consistent in what is promised and what is provided. For me, the consistency is one reason I have chosen Hilton properties for business travel. The Hilton Tel Aviv, however, is different. It is a cut above, providing, in our case, more than we expected, and more than was promised.

The property itself is, of course, very impressive, well-maintained, in a great location, and I assume someone could spend weeks there and never experience everything the property and its surrounds have to offer.

The view from our room was spectacular, offering a panorama of the Mediterranean coast and the city of Tel Aviv that was picture perfect. The hotel is located on the promenade, which allows people to stroll along the Mediterranean shoreline from the hotel all the way to the Old City of Jaffa. A visit to Jaffa is worth the hike, or the relatively short cab ride.

At least on this occasion, the Hilton Executive Lounge was one of the best I have experienced, including Executive Lounges in other foreign countries, which are generally speaking a higher quality than they are in the US.  The food was quite tasty and the selection of Israeli wines (yes, there is an excellent wine industry in Israel) was very nice.

As with any property, many times it comes down to the people who work there when judging whether a hotel receives a good or bad review. The Hilton staff, from check in to check out, were professional, welcoming, friendly, and, perhaps most importantly, helpful when we had a question or needed a little extra help.

As a side note, our stay at the Hilton Tel Aviv coincided with the recent trouble between Israel and the Gaza Strip. At no time did we feel the least bit unsafe or uncomfortable.

The Hilton Tel Aviv is clearly one of my favorite Hilton properties and we look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ppm1
hilton_israel, General Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear guest,

I really don’t know where to begin to express how much it meant to all of us here to read your heartwarming mail.

Especially at a time like this we appreciate greatly that you took the time to write and even more so that it will be posted on Trip Advisor.

We strive endlessly to ensure that our guests are given the best possible service at all times and aim for each and every one to feel the Hilton Hospitality, and we are happy to read that you were so satisfied with your stay all the way around.

Dear guest,, we thank you for your loyalty and for giving us such a good feeling whilst reading your mail.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and please let me know when you are planning to be visit us again.

Most Sincerely,

Adele Bloch
PA to Area Manager Hilton Hotels
Israel
Rock Island, IL
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I was on a tour for the first 7 days while in Israel. The hotel rooms were awful - small and needing repair. It was so wonderful to stay at the Hilton for my last night! I got a double upgrade to a mini suite with views of the beach and pool, I watched the surfers in the morning and the walkers on the path. It was so beautiful. I was on a points and dollars rate - 10,000 points and $125.

The room was amazing with a great bathroom, sofa, chair, 2 balconies, and very large tv. The bathroom had a separate glass shower. The bath products were Ahava. There was a kit with a 100ml size hand cream, foot cream, body lotion, and dead sea salts. At first I thought it was for sale and then noticed the Compliments to Our Guest card on it. There was also a box of chocolates and some fresh fruit.

Breakfast in the restaurant was very good. Lounge was small, but no one was in it by the time I arrived at 9:30 pm. Had Campari which is always a plus with me!

My only regret was the short time of my stay. I had a plane to catch so had to leave the hotel about 8:30. Next time i am staying a few days at this resort so I am able to enjoy the pool and beach.

Thanks to the staff for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the north for a great view of the beach and the city.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JLC_57
hilton_israel, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Tel Aviv, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest and senior contributor,

Thank you for your positive comments on this website and I wanted to personally respond and thank you.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests. Staying with us saying:” Thanks to the staff for an excellent stay! ”, is indeed a great compliment.

Englewood, NJ
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

What a relief it was to get to the Hilton. It was like a bit of home. We were up north and the lodgings were, well, Middle Eastern. This is like home. Thank you Hilton!
We were upgraded and had an amazing view northwards. We loved the room, the staff's friendliness, helpfulness and all the hot water we wanted.
Even the 2 rocket attacks didn't bother us. We were finally comfortable.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gourageous
Dear guest,

Thank you for your great feedback and for sharing your experience on this forum, highlighted by your sentence: “This is like home. Thank you Hilton!” Thank you very much.

Your decision to stay with us during this July tension made us very proud. The wellbeing, safety and security of our guests are of paramount importance and our hotel continues to make every effort to ensure that all practices and standards are in line with applicable safety and security regulations. Therefor your stay was safe and we understand from your review – very pleasant.
Again, I am so pleased that you are full of compliments for the hotel.

Thank you for sharing your review with the Trip Advisor travelers.

With warm wishes.